Majesty in Kusadasi

I was onboard on this day and it was so sweet seeing the staff from both ships greeting each other both on and off ship. Lots met on the quayside whilst others had to make do with waving and calling across from the sun deck, we were right next door to each other. Some of Majesty staff and passenger even joined in the sailaway dancing when Destiny/Louis left port.

Hi Jo

Hope you had a good cruise :)

Hi Linda, we had a lovely time, just made a bad choice of cabins:(

We were directly under the sun deck and were woken each morning at 5.30am by the tables and chairs being put out. On the nights of the deck parties it was 3.30am before we were able to get off to sleep. We did request a move, but the ship was full.

The itinerary however was great, the highlight for me was the sail in to Venice, just amazing. Sadly the sail in to Montenegro was a wash out due to heavy rain, but managed to enjoy a rain free sailaway.

Hi Jo,

Yes I just read your cabin report. We were on deck 4 and are having the same cabin again as it was very quiet.

We had a similar problem on the Dream - bow thrusters waking us up every time we docked :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed the cruise though. Agree about Venice sail in - stunning and unforgetable. Pity about Montenegro though. It is a lovely country. We had a holiday there a few years ago.

What did you think of the Majesty? (apart from the cabin)

Hi Jo,

Yes I just read your cabin report. We were on deck 4 and are having the same cabin again as it was very quiet.

We had a similar problem on the Dream - bow thrusters waking us up every time we docked :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed the cruise though. Agree about Venice sail in - stunning and unforgetable. Pity about Montenegro though. It is a lovely country. We had a holiday there a few years ago.

What did you think of the Majesty? (apart from the cabin)

Hi Linda,

Apart from the cabin noise we had no real complaints, except for some soot soiled clothes from the sun beds at the rear of deck 8, I just can't wash the stuff out!!

However, we all agreed that on balance we prefer Dream. Our outside plus cabin on Dream was just as nice and I'm sure of a similar size, as our suite on Majesty (at much less cost). My daughters balcony outside plus on Majesty was smaller and rather spartan. Our cabins were only hoovered once the entire two weeks! We also all preferred the rear pool on Dream, and the surrounding sun bed area, the two central pools on Majesty were both noisy and small. We also liked the smaller buffet on Dream, which had the pasta counter at lunchtime, the only pasta counter on Majesty was on the sun deck in the evening.

I'm probably not going to be too popular for saying this either, but we found the addition of the Eastern European staff detracted from the happy, smiley, helpful service we had experienced previously. Despite being onboard for two weeks, and trying our best to make conversation, most remained surly and sullen:confused:

The itinerary however was amazing, and I would still consider sailing on Majesty in the future.

Agree with Jo about the rear pool on the Dream. I love that area with its open outlook and quieter atmosphere. I find the entertainment at the other pool very loud.

I prefer the whole layout of the Dream with all the entertainment venues on the same deck. (I know lots of people don't like that).

We found the Eastern European staff on the Majesty much friendlier this year than 2 years ago!

Edited by Sheila49

Hi Linda,

I'm probably not going to be too popular for saying this either, but we found the addition of the Eastern European staff detracted from the happy, smiley, helpful service we had experienced previously. Despite being onboard for two weeks, and trying our best to make conversation, most remained surly and sullen.]

Jo

I agree with you about the East European staff- I too found them so different from those from the Phillipines, Indonesia, etc, staff who are so outgoing, friendly and love a laugh and a joke. Some say the East Europeans have a quieter, dry sense of humour but I never managed to illicit much response from them I'm afraid!

Flopsy