Exciting Deals ARE just that...EXCITING!

teecee60

Great deal - enjoy. I have often found one way flights as expensive and occasionally more expensive as a return flight when looking at one way cruises. Guess sometimes it would pay to book a return but only use the first leg. Be warned never try that and forego the first leg as most airlines will auto cancel the 2nd leg, happened to me in qland many years ago.

Check Choice Air. Great one way flights. We are doing Vancouver to Edinburgh for $485 pp on BA

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances

The Century 23 night to Oz sailing had some good solo traveler deals last week too, even on the penthouse if it is still open. It was less than a 13 night as a solo on Eclispe to Southampton was this spring. But I just can't get away for that long this time of the year. :-(

Jumped on this deal Monday night. Everything booked Tuesday, docs and luggage tags available this morning. Very happy with mid ships cabin. Will be spending a couple of days in Christchurch with family before returning to San Diego. Trip is working out less expensive than usual PE flights to NZ.

Come on over to the roll call and join the party! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1837030

Check Choice Air. Great one way flights. We are doing Vancouver to Edinburgh for $485 pp on BA

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

THAT is an absolutely fantastic deal as well! ESPECIALLY for BA. ;)

Edited by teecee60

TeeCee60 My wife & I booked this cruise but could only get inside but my choice air from Newark,NJ. tp LA & Sydney to JFK including transfers Was about $1500.00 This will be our 100th cruise.

Wow 100th cruise. Congrats on that. You must have a ton of memories. One of these days we will be there hopefully.

Just booked Celebrity Century for her 23 night transpacific cruise from San Francisco to Sydney... $799pp! :eek:

On top of THAT, Choice Air return from Sydney to LAX was only $619pp! :D

$35pp per night on a Celebrity cruise REALLY makes me SMILE :)

Wish we could book a cruise like that. Hubby has to bid for his vacation about a year in advance :mad: so deals like this are not usually available when he has vacation time. We already booked a cruise for Feb 2015 while on a cruise this past Feb. I need to figure out how to make things work a little better for us.

Do this bargains usually come up fairly close to the trip or do they sometimes have them about a year in advance?

Was this price for a balcony, ocean view or inside? Does anyone know what the price would have been for a balcony? I know the special is over and I couldn't have booked it anyway, but I am just curious. TIA

Edited by ReneeFLL

Wish we could book a cruise like that. Hubby has to bid for his vacation about a year in advance :mad: so deals like this are not usually available when he has vacation time. We already booked a cruise for Feb 2015 while on a cruise this past Feb. I need to figure out how to make things work a little better for us.

Do this bargains usually come up fairly close to the trip or do they sometimes have them about a year in advance?

Was this price for a balcony, ocean view or inside? Does anyone know what the price would have been for a balcony? I know the special is over and I couldn't have booked it anyway, but I am just curious. TIA

The best deals are almost always offered AFTER "final payment date." Right at 60 days prior to sail away.

Lots of people book, and put down deposits on, multiple cruises for the same time frame. Then they cherry pick the best deal at the last minute so they can get back their other deposits. :rolleyes:

This puts the Cruise Lines in the ugly position of THINKING their itineraries are almost sold out, and then getting a bunch of late cancellations. Those now-empty cabins, go back on the market. If there are a LOT of them, or the itinerary isn't in high demand in the first place, THAT"S the time the cruise lines start to REALLY slash prices to fill those empty cabins.

The $799pp price was for an inside. They also had Ocean Views for $999pp. It's not even available on the Celebrity website, but some other online sites still have a few balconies and suites available for $2,800pp

Last year I got a 15 night transatlantic cruise on reflection for only $499pp... but only 10 DAYS prior to sail away. It's GREAT... IF you've got the flexibility. :)

But if you have a hard schedule without wiggle room, the "cruise price deck" is kind of stacked against you. :(

Edited by teecee60