Parking for cruise in Boston

morry2121

Two that immediately come to mind are the Best Western Adams Shore in Quincy and the Ramada Inn on Morrissey Boulevard in Dorchester. Both will permit you to park your car for the duration of your cruise and provide a shuttle bus to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. I know a number of folks who have stayed at the Adams Shore Best Western and seem to have been sufficiently pleased that they are booked there again this fall.

Two that immediately come to mind are the Best Western Adams Shore in Quincy and the Ramada Inn on Morrissey Boulevard in Dorchester. Both will permit you to park your car for the duration of your cruise and provide a shuttle bus to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. I know a number of folks who have stayed at the Adams Shore Best Western and seem to have been sufficiently pleased that they are booked there again this fall.

Bad Info

Quincy with traffic can be more than an hour away from Boston .

Dorchester has some very rough neighborhoods. there have been Lots of shootings on Morrissey .

Parking at the port garage is $116 for the week .

Two of the closest hotels are the Westin Boston Waterfront and the Seaport Hotel. It would be very expensive to park there for a week and I could not find anything regarding shuttle service to Black Falcon Terminal from either hotel. You could take a cab. It is about a five minute ride from the Westin. This would be the closest but also the most expensive option.

Being from the area, I don't think I'd stay at either hotel. If you want to stay outside the city the Quincy Mariott is nice and close to the highway, as are several hotels in Braintree.

We've parked at the garage at the Black Falcon with no problems. I don't know if others have stayed in the city itself and been able to leave their cars there for the week. I'd find a nice hotel, stay the night and then park the car at the terminal the day of the cruise. Depending on the traffic getting into Boston can be a nightmare. We've been lucky that the few times we've gone in whether travelling ourselves or just dropping people off, it hasn't been too bad. As long as you're not trying to drive in at 3pm to make a 4pm departure you should be okay.

Westin Boston water front…..book early an talk to them and get the best price. If you call they offer deals. Drive to pier is less than 5 min and you park in parking garage.

If you get a room looking at the water you are able to see the ship if you are high enough.

We have stayed there each time we cruise out of boston.

The mojitos at the bar are amazing….

We have stayed at the Adams Inn in Quincy many times when flying out of Boston. Always been satisfied. We are doing the repo cruise on the Dawn in November and had hoped to stay there the night before. They would drive us to Black Falcon Friday morning and then pick us up at Logan 2 weeks later. I guess I better check again about the ride to Black Falcon. We live about 50 miles west of the airport or Black Falcon and drive is just over an hour from here

Could you give us the big picture of your overall plans?

Where are you driving in from? What is your exact date? How many nights is your cruise? How many people? What is your hotel budget? Are you sightseeing in Boston?

Boston does not operate like the Florida ports. The hotels which offer free parking and cruise shuttles are in fringe areas of Boston and can be a real PITA to access depending on the traffic. If you're coming from the west, a good strategy is to book a Hotwire hotel in the Newton/Waltham area, drive straight in the Mass Pike the next morning and park at the port. A 7 day cruise is $112 and your car is right there to get back on the Mass Pike for the trip home when you disembark.

We have stayed at the Adams Inn in Quincy many times when flying out of Boston. Always been satisfied. We are doing the repo cruise on the Dawn in November and had hoped to stay there the night before. They would drive us to Black Falcon Friday morning and then pick us up at Logan 2 weeks later. I guess I better check again about the ride to Black Falcon. We live about 50 miles west of the airport or Black Falcon and drive is just over an hour from here

This is a plan that is good for your particular situation. You are basically a local. You need 14 days parking with the ability to get to Black Falcon and back from the airport. IMO this is the best scenario for considering the Best Western. IMO for 7 day cruises the parking and nice suburban hotels are are an easier choice for the out of towners.

50 miles west of boston there is an easy have you thought about logan express. you can connect to the silver line that gets you over there and your car is not in boston for the week.