Questions: Carnival Spirit

I'm off for the first time to cruise on the Carnival Spirit

I have a couple of questions regarding some of the facilities etc on board

- Do they have a coffee card system and can I get a decent coffee like latte?

In the cabin rooms - what type of shampoo, soap, conditioner do they have? Is it the liquid one stuck the wall. Do they have hand lotion or body lotion?

On my last trip in January there was no coffee card. The coffee shop just outside the theatre sold all kinds of coffee from memory.

The shampoo/conditioner is one of those things stuck to the wall, no other toiletries in the room.

On my last trip in January there was no coffee card. The coffee shop just outside the theatre sold all kinds of coffee from memory.

The shampoo/conditioner is one of those things stuck to the wall, no other toiletries in the room.

Thanks. I bring my own products from home. I don't want to use that stuff stuck to the wall.

On Spirit the stuff on the bathroom wall was a body wash and a shampoo - no conditioner at all. Nor are there body lotions or moisturisers. From memory I think there were little soap bars for the sink.

Edited by MadWoofter
spelling

as far as the coffee goes, you may be pleasantly surprised. I believe there is a self service automatic push button type coffee machine ( using real coffee beans) located in the buffet area for all to use.

The coffee shop near the theatre makes excellent coffee and for a reasonable price

The best recommendation is that a lot of the ship's officers regularly come to this shop and get their coffees

John

as far as the coffee goes, you may be pleasantly surprised. I believe there is a self service automatic push button type coffee machine ( using real coffee beans) located in the buffet area for all to use.

Agree, there are a few great coffee machines - buffet and just outside - make it how you like - espresso, cappucino, latte, froth, doubles etc. Much nicer than the coffee you can buy onboard (too weak). By the end of our cruise everyone was onto it and didn't mind queuing to get a good cup. It was the best single thing about Carnival... wish these machines were on ALL ships! :)

Agreed once every one found out about these couple of machines they were constantly needing to be restocked and lines got longer. One day both of these machines broke down at the same time and I thought there was going to be a riot. Don't come between an aussie and a decent cup of coffee :)

Edited by chuffed66
Removed quote

I read somewhere from a report on a particular cruiseline. I forget which one is that Australian cruises drink so much coffee compared to the Americans and they have to put a lot more salmon the boat when their are Australian cruisers or cruising out of Australia.

I agree with what has been said above. I love my coffee and the coffee from those machines were great. Didn't pay for a specialty coffee after I found the machines and you can use any time of the day or night. Out of all our cruises and different ships those machines were 100% better than any other free self serve coffees on any other ship. Fiona

They have Australian ones but not many

Hi ,

I only had to ask the room steward and a power board appeared within minutes ,he told me that they have a whole cupboard of them ,he was surprised at how many took there own , so no problem.

cheers Deb

We were on the spirit in may, hubby asked for a power board, response was they don't have them, so he told friends going in june to take their own which they did but it was taken off him by security and he had to collect it last morning as he was leaving the ship. Fortunately I had a double adapter with me which we managed with. Lucky you Deb to get one from your room steward. Hubby asked at guest relations and the room steward and also phoned guest relations.

Edited by Tara Jane