MDR Question?

jb456

Hi,

Are there tables that will only sit 2/3 people where you don't have to sit with a bunch of other people?

If so - do you simply ask to be seated at one and just wait your turn for one to become available?

Whats the dress code like in the MDR when it's not a formal night.. Can you wear jeans and a polo/golf shirt?

Thanks

Edited by jb456

We had "any time dining" and we were seated 3 at a table (me, husband, son)

as for dress code, it says "cruise casual". jeans and a nice polo shirt is fine. thats what my husband wore. but we saw everything in there. shorts, tshirts, tennis shoes. the only things that arent allowed are flipflops, cutoffs, hats, tanktops

Edited by KLD1019

If you have a set dining time you can go see the maitre d' at around 1:00pm to check what size table you have and request a change. If you have your time dining, you may request a smaller table.

If you choose traditional dining there's no guarantee that you will get a table for 2/3. We do anytime dining so that we will definitely be seated as we prefer and don't have to worry about if it will happen or not or ask to be changed later.

Thank you all - were 3 people at the moment (a 4th might join) but as of now with 3 people were hoping to just get a table that holds 4 people or on some youtube videos I seen what looks like booths that hold 4 people.

Going to select anytime dinning. Thanks

We did YTD and always got a table for 4 for the 3 of us. Two nights we had to get a pager since there were no tables of 4 available and we didn't want to join people at a shared table. The wait was maximum 20 minutes, if that. The pager works pretty much all over the ship we were told, so we just wandered until called. There was never a wait for a table for 4 for breakfast, brunch or tea. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did YTD and always got a table for 4 for the 3 of us. Two nights we had to get a pager since there were no tables of 4 available and we didn't want to join people at a shared table. The wait was maximum 20 minutes, if that. The pager works pretty much all over the ship we were told, so we just wandered until called. There was never a wait for a table for 4 for breakfast, brunch or tea. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks I like to hear that :)

You can always decline a table and wait for one you like, but honestly, after living in a relatively small space with 2500 other people for a few days, you're not going to care if your table is right next to someone else's.

You can always decline a table and wait for one you like, but honestly, after living in a relatively small space with 2500 other people for a few days, you're not going to care if your table is right next to someone else's.

acually we did.. we were in the middle table. It was a table that originally held 6 people and they seperated the tables by mere inches. It was extremely uncomfortable. Felt I walked in to the middle of a party. I know each couple beside I wanted a table for 2 and this is what we get-===I think if we were on either end it would have been better

acually we did.. we were in the middle table. It was a table that originally held 6 people and they seperated the tables by mere inches. It was extremely uncomfortable. Felt I walked in to the middle of a party. I know each couple beside I wanted a table for 2 and this is what we get-===I think if we were on either end it would have been better

We tried anytime dining on our last cruise and this happened to us more often than not. We never felt like we were at a 'table for 2'. Always right beside others that had obviously asked for a table for 2 also. :(

We realized we much prefer the assigned dining and I simply see the maitre'd on embarkation and request the table for 2 if this is what we decide on. They are set up much better and there are no 'surprises' each night.

Hi,

Are there tables that will only sit 2/3 people where you don't have to sit with a bunch of other people?

If so - do you simply ask to be seated at one and just wait your turn for one to become available?

Whats the dress code like in the MDR when it's not a formal night.. Can you wear jeans and a polo/golf shirt?

Thanks

On non elegant nights you will see a lot of people in shorts which is allowed so you should have zero problem with jeans and golf shirt

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Hi,

Thanks

Check out this thread regarding contacting your Maitre D before you cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2079824

I read you should wait until you are a couple weeks out from sailing. This only applies to traditional dining (assigned times) - not "Your time dining".