What's different about Allure boarding.

We have sailed Oasis and Allure several times and were always amazed at how smooth and fast the Boarding process was in Port Everglades. We are sailing again this Sunday 8/17 and just received notices of specific boarding times based on the Deck your cabin is on. We are on a Deck 9 which is among the last to board at 3:30 PM!

Anyone know what caused this change to what was always a smooth process?

We have sailed Oasis and Allure several times and were always amazed at how smooth and fast the Boarding process was in Port Everglades. We are sailing again this Sunday 8/17 and just received notices of specific boarding times based on the Deck your cabin is on. We are on a Deck 9 which is among the last to board at 3:30 PM!

There's been no change that I'm aware of that has caused Royal to send out these emails. So far, they don't seem to be enforcing suggested arrival times at US ports.

We got a similar message last year on the Freedom. A lot of people saying that have been getting them from different ports. We ignored ours and got there at 10:30 am. They let us in at 11:00 and we boarded the ship by 11:30. I think they are just trying to spread out the crowds since the ships are so big? We are sailing on the Allure on 8/31! You'll have to let us know how much fun you have!

Edited by cruisebabe50

I don't think anybody will follow the letter. Just check in at your usual time.

Enjoy your cruise!

At least nobody that uses Cruise Critic, or one of the facebook groups, or the 10% or so of us that enjoy the day in port before boarding, there are a few of those too :)

We just received the notice yesterday also. I am scheduled to arrive 3 hours prior to my "suggested" boarding time. I'm glad I'm a Crown & Anchor Platinum member and can board anytime because I would be upset if after making travel plans I then have to wait. I think it's a bad idea to try to enforce this after only giving 5 days notice. If RC is going to start doing this they need to let people know when they are booking their trip. I just took a cruise in May and this didn't happen then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just like a hotel, a cruise charges by the night. ;)

Check-in at hotels isn't usually until 3:00 - 4:00. They need turn around time. Albeit, check out time usually isn't until 11:00 - 12:00. However, most vacant their hotel rooms earlier than that.

I feel that we have been fortunate to be able and check in on ships around 11:00, and able to eat, tour the ship, etc., until our staterooms are ready. ;) I hope it doesn't change and that these times will start being enforced. :rolleyes:

Has anyone received an earlier time for boarding?

Did it not say that C & A members could board anytime?

• 2 weeks later...

We are scheduled to leave on Allure Aug 24th and received the following text about boarding times. We then received a call on my mobile with the same information about 5 minutes later. We usually look to board our cruises about 11:00 AM, and beat the crowd for lunch, then explore. We are Diamond, so it says we can check in at 12:30. At this point, I am still planning to check in about 11:00 AM and hope to be on board by 11:30.

Gotta say - i would be very unhappy if I had to wait until 3:00 to check in.

I've also seen a couple other messages about Allure departing late the last few sailings. I wonder if this is the reason why - more people getting on late....

Anyways - below is the text message we received.

----------------------

S: Check-in Notice: Allure of the Seas, August 24, 2014 Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Allure of the Seas, on Sunday, August 24 from Port Everglades. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we invite you to plan to arrive at the terminal based on your assigned decks - see timing below. We invite our Suite, Crown & Anchor Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 12:30 PM and 4:00 PM. All other guests should refer to the timing based on your deck. Guests on deck 3 & 14 should check-in at 1:30 PM. Guests on deck 7, 11, & 12 should check-in at 2:30 PM. Guests on deck 10 should check-in at 12:30 PM. Guests on deck 6, 8, & 9 should check-in at 3:00 PM. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Allure of the Seas. To confirm: reply with YES and send.