outdoor movie screen

oaktreerb

I just received a HAL promotional "Exotic Voyages" and it mentions seeing a movie in the movie theatre or on the giant LED screen on deck (select ships). I've been on several HAL ships and have never seen a movie screen on deck. Which ship are they referring to?

Veendam has one of those giant screen and, thankfully, it was silent for our whole cruise. I worried they would blast loud music or whatever during the days but they did not. I think Rotterdam may be the only other ship that has one. They are located far aft at the stern at Rotterdam's outside pool and at Veendam's 'Retreat'. :rolleyes:

Rotterdam loved the outdoor movie screen BUtT they only showed two documentaries on a 54 day cruise and then on the way back 38 Days same two shows, it was beautiful. No clue why they would spend the money to put the screens in and then never bother to use them, then you here the usual excuses budget cuts!

An outdoor screen would have to show movies that are suitable for all audiences. Very few movies are rated G anymore. Maybe that's why documentaries were shown.

How about the noise for people with aft cabins?

Could they show a movie on deck on a transatlantic or transpacific cruise when in open ocean?

An outdoor screen would have to show movies that are suitable for all audiences. Very few movies are rated G anymore. Maybe that's why documentaries were shown.

How about the noise for people with aft cabins?

Could they show a movie on deck on a transatlantic or transpacific cruise when in open ocean?

Movies should be reserved for the Screening Room or Queen's Lounge. There's a time and place for everything.