Looking for Capt. Morgan

davehaj

Any recent cruisers notice if Capt. Morgan is still available at the bars. Thanks, Davehaj.

I was on Fantasy a couple of weeks ago and I definitely saw Captain Morgan at the Majestic Bar. I was a bit surprised because I thought they had removed it from all ships, but it was there! :) Maybe it is only at SOME bars?

They've removed Captain from the ships?! Captain and diet is one of my favorite drinks. Did they replace it with another type of spiced rum? Sailor Jerry's perhaps?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Removed Captain from the ships? Yikes! Who drives the ship?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Given the outrage when they pulled it a few months back, it's not surprising that it's back. I'm not sure what outraged more people, the Captain being pulled or the misinformation from JH.

Edit: Actually it was never pulled but for a short time they weren't restocking it.

Edited by Big_G

Removed Captain from the ships? Yikes! Who drives the ship?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

They use one of those fancy auto-pilot features now!

I went back and found the original thread about this from October. Seems it may have just been a miscommunication or supply chain issue. Hope everything is back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Given the outrage when they pulled it a few months back, it's not surprising that it's back. I'm not sure what outraged more people, the Captain being pulled or the misinformation from JH.

Edit: Actually it was never pulled but for a short time they weren't restocking it.

what outraged me on my last carnival cruise was when i asked for captain morgan and ginger ale they took my order charged me for the captain morgan which was stated on my receipt and then handed me a drink made with bacardi oakheart instead. making an attempt to deceive me. the bartender knew they didn't have it and made a different drink and tried to trick me. of course it took one sip to figure out what they did. when i questioned the drink they brought the bacardi bottle over and said it was the same thing. i said no it wasn't. if they don't have it for some reason just say so don't try to trick people.:mad:

another issue i have personally noticed with the bartenders on board the ships after the cheers program has been established is with the classic cocktails. these drinks are supposed to be hand poured double shot drinks with specific high end spirits as listed on the bar menu. i love the ultimate margarita and order it a lot of them on my cruises. my last cruise april 2014 on the pride the first drink i ordered at the lobby bar once on board was an ultimate margarita which i watched them make. they took a big plastic container with the drink pre made inside and just poured it in the glass. it was obviously horrible and watered down. and i asked for another drink that was hand poured. through out the cruise and also on previous cruise i have taken on carnival i have watched them make my ultimate margarita with margaritaville tequila instead of quevo 1800 which is what is suppose to be in it. margaritaville tequila is a cheap tequila.(the type of tequila used at bars in a rail or well drink) and not a premium alcohol. some people might say i am too picky or it doesn't matter. but it does matter when you are paying a premium price for a drink which is suppose to have a premium spirit in it. i of course questioned the tequila while they were making the drink and they said it was an accident. which is hard to believe when i constantly saw different bartenders at different bars on different ships doing it. it seems that the bar managers on the ships are trying to save money in their department by having bartenders doing this. so just keep your eyes open when the bartenders are making your drinks.