anybody know where to rent a scooter for the cruise?

My sister is thinking about joining us on our cruise in November.

She has MS and has a hard time walking some days. I have seen these scooters on all of our cruises but have never needed one so didn't pay attention.

Does the cruise line rent them or does anybody know of a company that does.

TYVM

Bill

My sister is thinking about joining us on our cruise in November.

She has MS and has a hard time walking some days. I have seen these scooters on all of our cruises but have never needed one so didn't pay attention.

Does the cruise line rent them or does anybody know of a company that does.

TYVM

Bill

The cruise line does not rent scooters.

Here is one company:

http://www.specialneedsatsea.com/

The cruise line does not rent them, but there are two companies that will rent you whatever equipment you need and it will be waiting for you in your cabin. When your cruise is over, you just leave it in your cabin and they will pick it up.

http://www.specialneedsatsea.com

http://www.carevacations.com

I've used Care Vacations a few times and it's worked out very well.

I used Special Needs at Sea twice. They were cheaper then the other company. I had no problem with them. The wheelchair was waiting in the room when we got there and we just left it in the room when we left.

Doris

I second Special Needs at Sea. We rented a scooter for my DH on our last cruise from them and it was in the cabin when we arrived. You just need to make sure you have accommodations large enough to store the scooter at night (it cannot be left in the hallway) and it should also be plugged in overnight to charge. They supply quite a long cord so that won't be a concern as to where to place the scooter in conjuction with the electrical outlet.

I second Special Needs at Sea. We rented a scooter for my DH on our last cruise from them and it was in the cabin when we arrived. You just need to make sure you have accommodations large enough to store the scooter at night (it cannot be left in the hallway) and it should also be plugged in overnight to charge. They supply quite a long cord so that won't be a concern as to where to place the scooter in conjuction with the electrical outlet.

Hmmmm does anybody know the width of the doors for the cabins. the one scooter my sister could get since she doesn't weigh very much is only 19+ inches wide.

Bill

Hmmmm does anybody know the width of the doors for the cabins. the one scooter my sister could get since she doesn't weigh very much is only 19+ inches wide.

Bill

If you are in an accessible cabin, they are 32 or 34 inches wide depending on the ship. A standard cabin door is 23" I believe.

Edited by ryano