Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

• 2 weeks later...
Most recently, I was very curious to establish what the spa/men's locker room facilities on the Quantum of the Seas would be like. After doing some very light research within the RCI forum, it would appear that RCI has decided to use a similar spa arrangement as on the Oasis-class ships, by ONLY offer a co-ed/clothing-required spa facility. I found this very disappointing, as I am certain other folks who enjoy more relaxed use of such amenities would agree. Sigh. However, if anyone has actually sailed on or toured the Quantum, a first-hand account would be greatly appreciated.

I was on the Quantum for a cruise in December. It seems that RCI has taken things a step further. Not only is there no free steam/sauna in the locker rooms, but now there are no locker rooms at all! There is, of course, a paid co-ed spa area, similar to that on the Oasis class ships. But that is it.

There were aspects of the Quantum class ship that I liked, such as the Two70 lounge area. But the Freedom class is still my favorite.

• 2 months later...

debating a cruise either on the Holland America Zuiderdam vs. Celebrity Silhouette. Unable to find detailed deck maps, can anyone let me know if these ships have both dry sauna and stream room and if they are co-od or not?

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed on Ventura last month & thought it time I reported back on the Sauna/Steam facilities.

As usual on most cruise ships the free sauna/steam is well hidden & not advertised on any onboard literature, you will find it on the second left past the Spa reception desk, access can also be gained into this area from the adult only pool area. There are separate Male & Female facilities, the male area consists of an approx 10/12 man steam room & a smaller 3 tier sauna. The steam room lacked any real heat for most of the second week of my trip & was used by guys just wanting to be a bit cooler after the heat of the sauna, sadly the steam often smelt of drains - Yuck! No complaints re the sauna which was always hot!! Most guys used the facilities naked -as one should & there was always a plentiful supply of clean towels for those wanting to cover up. There are only three showers, which meant at busy times I had to wait for a few minutes, however this wasn't a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the saunas and steam room on the Sea Princess are part of the locker room area?

Travelling around the world next year

They have a female and male steam and sauna and a very small changing area. Yes you could say that they are in the locker area.

Thanks for that

On the Diamond Princess the locker room and the saunas etc are in the same area providing privacy from the outside pool areas, unlike the Golden Princess (which I am travelling on in November) where access is from the pool area only (I believe) and not from the locker room. Not the best!

Hence my question re the Sea Princess location.

Cheers

Golden Princess Saunas etc

Have been reading the comments re this cruise ship over the years regarding the saunas that need to be accessed from the pool area rather than the changing room.

Nothing worse than wearing swimming trunks etc in a sauna or steam room.

I see no problem with entering wearing a towel or slipping off your trunks when inside. Do you? Cheers

Have been reading the comments re this cruise ship over the years regarding the saunas that need to be accessed from the pool area rather than the changing room.

I see no problem with entering wearing a towel or slipping off your trunks when inside. Do you? Cheers

Nothing at all wrong with that! I've done the same thing in Persian Gardens, if it's quiet and no female passengers present.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with this saunas is that they are in the pool area, men's in one corner and women's on the opposite corner. When someone opens the door of either sauna, people (including kids, even thou it supposed to be adult area only) at the pool or from some chaise lounges can see inside the sauna. And it's not easy to identify which is men's and which is women's. Yes women walk in the men's sauna and men walk in the woman's sauna all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
i'm sailing on Brilliance of the Seas this Friday and hope they still have free non-coed sauna facilities.

I was on the Brilliance of the Seas in May, and they had free non-coed steam & sauna facilities at that time. The steam room seats 4 comfortably; 6 can fit. The sauna was large enough for a dozen or so.

I was on the Brilliance of the Seas in May, and they had free non-coed steam & sauna facilities at that time. The steam room seats 4 comfortably; 6 can fit. The sauna was large enough for a dozen or so.

Brilliance of the Seas is one of my favorite ships as well as the other Radiance class ships to still offer the free non-coed steam & sauna facilities. The best time to visit is 2 to 6pm daily. It's called happy hour in some circles. :D

• 3 weeks later...
The problem with this saunas is that they are in the pool area, men's in one corner and women's on the opposite corner. When someone opens the door of either sauna, people (including kids, even thou it supposed to be adult area only) at the pool or from some chaise lounges can see inside the sauna. And it's not easy to identify which is men's and which is women's. Yes women walk in the men's sauna and men walk in the woman's sauna all the time.

We will be on the Grand Princess departing San Francisco 12/20 and it looks to me like this ship also has the saunas and steam room in the pool area. I prefer to hang out in the adult area (when I am not taking care of our kids) so hopefully it is a bit quieter. So any recommendations anyone has on proper etiquette would be much appreciated!

We will be on the Grand Princess departing San Francisco 12/20 and it looks to me like this ship also has the saunas and steam room in the pool area. I prefer to hang out in the adult area (when I am not taking care of our kids) so hopefully it is a bit quieter. So any recommendations anyone has on proper etiquette would be much appreciated!

Basically, you have to wear shorts or swimming trunks all the time. Just like being in a public pool, with kids and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Can you tell us what the spa is like on the Dawn? It's our first time on NCL. Are there steam rooms in the regular locker room or only in the spa? Is the spa pass worth the expense? Thanks in advance for your tips.

We've not been on the Dawn but the other ships you have to buy a pass to access the spa area. There is generally a sauna & steam and some have whirl pool, plunge pool etc, it depends on the ship. There are separate areas for men and women and usually a mixed area with some other features.

We always buy a pass as we think it is worth the relaxation time, they are not usually as busy as the ships with free facilities but are still good.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

This thread is SO long now hard to locate a lot of details. Anyone recently off Oasis or Allure with feedback or current Spa Pass rates?

I'm sailing on a 3 day later this month just to experience the ship without committing to a full week.

Have seen all the details that it is a paid area, co-ed, and no natural light. Gym access is free as is a gym locker room (with a shower?) Sharing a cabin so at a minimum I like to use the spa/gym area to get ready in the AM and clean up after port before dinner.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Any information on Cunard? Especially QE and QM2.

Just got off the QE on Wednesday from a round trip to the Canaries and back. The sauna was pretty busy all the way thru with several regular guys.

The sauna is in the locker room and is free of charge. Its not huge and feels crowded at 6 people. It has a nice window over the ocean which is very relaxing as the sun goes down.

Its the same set up in the Queen Victoria but in the QE they are missing a clock, a water cooler, a couple of benches and a hair dryer which you can find on the other ship. Guess this is budget cut backs.

The lack of benches is the biggest drawback as it means there is less space for cooling down in between sessions.

• 5 weeks later...