tipping guide (for all of you who want good service with the purchase of a suite)

I'm actually a little confused now. I thought we were talking about tipping the butler & concierge, but you don't have access to these people. They are not interchangeable with the steward. In a suite you have 3 people: the concierge, the butler AND the steward. Of the 3, the steward is already recompensed by their share of the $12 pp pd Daily Service Charge (DSC).

I have sailed with butler and concierge as well as with out. I also do not think that the twelve dollars a day is enough for the steward as this is split amongst the entire crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you tip your life guard ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No lifeguards. Just like on a ship.

However if there were yes of course! Doesn't everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

I add on a tip to any specialty restaurant and beverage (whether it be coffee or soda) as I go along and make sure to tip the room person towards the end of the trip. But in my opinion tipping to early in some instances depending on the person could reduce the incentive for them to perform well.

Although I had no popcorn, lucky for me I purchased licorice this morning and some nestle bars :)

We brought fudge and salt water taffy home from the beach vacation

I always tip at the end of the cruise, focusing on the concierge, steward, and butler. If there is a very exceptional bar wait staff or specialty dining wait staff, I may give them a tip as well. I hand write a little note in an old-fashion thank you card and tuck the money inside. I always sign the note with my suite number as well as name, so the individual can show his or her supervisor.

For exceptional service, such as the time the butler and steward decorated out suite with towel swans and roses and confetti hearts for our 20th anniversary, I take the time to fill out a Vacation Hero card AND write a note to the Hotel Director citing the exceptional event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have missed something. Why does it seem like you are attacking this poster? I have been following this thread...just reading the different opinions and then WHAM there was this. Was there a point in regards to the discussion at hand or just a personal assault?

Sorry I just don't 'get it'.

Rochelle

I am missing something as well because those posts that she quoted thinking they were mine are not even mine. Well I think maybe one of them might be but certainly not the others.

That poster who likes attacking me must be on their way to work or something

A bully doesn't bother me though so I just laugh that poster off 😜

I am missing something as well because those posts that she quoted thinking they were mine are not even mine. Well I think maybe one of them might be but certainly not the others.

That poster who likes attacking me must be on their way to work or something

A bully doesn't bother me though so I just laugh that poster off ��

Yes, I could see (somewhat -- it was difficult to see with the formatting) that some of the quotes that were posted here were in some cases responses you were making about someone else's comments. haha reading that back --it sounds funny but I hope you understood my meaning).

A lot of time must have been put in to research your previous postings. The purpose it seems would be to discredit you. I certainly do not see why from anything you have written in this thread. Nor is it clear how these references to older posts (whether directly by you or not) even apply to the discussion at hand.

Perhaps I need to pour out this decaf and get myself a cup of the good stuff-- then maybe I can keep up. Great attitude you have about not letting it bother you.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Yes, I could see (somewhat -- it was difficult to see with the formatting) that some of the quotes that were posted here were in some cases responses you were making about someone else's comments. haha reading that back --it sounds funny but I hope you understood my meaning).

A lot of time must have been put in to research your previous postings. The purpose it seems would be to discredit you. I certainly do not see why from anything you have written in this thread. Nor is it clear how these references to older posts (whether directly by you or not) even apply to the discussion at hand.

Perhaps I need to pour out this decaf and get myself a cup of the good stuff-- then maybe I can keep up. Great attitude you have about not letting it bother you.

Rochelle

What seems to have happened is that LuvTheShips made a joke (the one where he tips everybody including the Service Desk when they give him an answer he likes.... but first folds the bills into origami, giving them time to chat about the person themselves.

Clearly intended as satire, but Cathy clearly missed that (as can happen, from time-to-time).

If one missed the satire in that post, it might be construed as belittling to some of the crew, so Cathy (Immie) set out to locate any prior posts this poster had made, pertaining to tipping (serious posts).

I can understand HOW it happened, but I'm not sure it accomplished much.

Stephen

Just remove the tips and tip what you want in cash. If there is a long line or they give you an attitude dispute the charge with the credit card. Print out the terms and conditions from the website, highlight the part that says they can be removed and use it to dispute the charge.

I also agree we should only be tipping the people that privide us individual services. The cruiseline should be paying all the others, especially the staff who don't even work on the ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

What seems to have happened is that LuvTheShips made a joke (the one where he tips everybody including the Service Desk when they give him an answer he likes.... but first folds the bills into origami, giving them time to chat about the person themselves.

Clearly intended as satire, but Cathy clearly missed that (as can happen, from time-to-time).

If one missed the satire in that post, it might be construed as belittling to some of the crew, so Cathy (Immie) set out to locate any prior posts this poster had made, pertaining to tipping (serious posts).

Stephen

Cathy is taking cc a little to seriously and seems fixated on me

This is one reason that not everything I disclose about myself is entirely true. Lol

Oh my cruising comments regarding ship info. Tour info and the like are all real and accurate based on experience and I love to share that info with other serious cruisers

However when i make comments about myself or joke about myself, trust me those posts are not always accurate! This is a public forum albeit a privately owned one. Personal info should never be divulged!

😎

Edited by luvtheships

Stephen

Thanks for the explanation...it certainly helps.

I laughed at the origami post when I first read it. I do understand how things can get taken out of context on here.

As for you..I see you setting fire under a gambler. Being a downhome Canadian, just luvs me a good campfire. ;)

Rochelle