Children and evening/night activities

MaiTaiMary

This will be our first time cruising with the kids. :) They will be 7, 8, and 10 years old.

After we eat dinner, what activities will be available for them to do? I'm not sure if they will want to go to the show. They will have been at Camp Carnival in the afternoon, so I don't want to have them go back there, unless they really want to.

Just looking at our options of what there is to do for kids that age until about 9:00p or so at night.

there's different activities every night. Just know that Night Owls fee is applied after 10pm, so if you dont want to pay it, be sure to get them before 10.

you say "until 9". with those ages, id expect them to want to stay past that . they do a lot of fun stuff during Night Owls. and it gives you and your DH some night time enjoy time.

On our cruise, each night they had a different party. "Glow Stick Party", "Mardi Gras" party, "Mexican Fiesta", Pirate theme.

They'll have trouble staying up past 9:00pm, especially after having had an action packed day.

"Glow stick party, Mardi Gras, Mexican Fiesta, Pirate,". Are you referring to CC? or is this elsewhere on the ship? I'm looking for things to do other than CC. :)

Not too much to do for children not Camp Carnival related.

Some things are to do without CC are: Movies outdoors, video game arcade, family oriented comedy show and sometimes even a g rated Quest, which the kids would love .

Edited by pamrose228

Hi,

I think you are on the Miracle right?? Telling folks the ship will make a difference. Up until now the Miracle has not had movies at night. Most activities for children are arranged by Camp Carnival as that is its purpose to keep the children busy. Other than the arcade, pool, mini golf , ping pong or basketball, there are no other activities except perhaps the family comedy show or whatever musical production show is being performed. There is a room also which offers board games.

There's of course the tv in the stateroom as well.

They'll have trouble staying up past 9:00pm, especially after having had an action packed day.

"Glow stick party, Mardi Gras, Mexican Fiesta, Pirate,". Are you referring to CC? or is this elsewhere on the ship? I'm looking for things to do other than CC. :)

Camp Carnival. honestly, as a PP said, theres not much for them to do besides what CC offers. pools and slides close. there is the arcade, though

Hi,

I think you are on the Miracle right?? Telling folks the ship will make a difference. Up until now the Miracle has not had movies at night. Most activities for children are arranged by Camp Carnival as that is its purpose to keep the children busy. Other than the arcade, pool, mini golf , ping pong or basketball, there are no other activities except perhaps the family comedy show or whatever musical production show is being performed. There is a room also which offers board games.

There's of course the tv in the stateroom as well.

Sorry. Yes, the Miracle. :) Good memory, my fellow San Diegian. ;)

Camp Carnival. honestly, as a PP said, theres not much for them to do besides what CC offers. pools and slides close. there is the arcade, though

I just asked in another thead and they said the pool was open until 11:00pm. Is this not true?

We fully plan on using Camp Carnival during the day. DH and I need some "quiet" time!! :D I just don't want them to spend their entire cruise there.

Of course depending on how much they like it, we may very well have them go back after dinner.

They might like the shows, though. :) Just thinking of our options. :D

So CC is open until 10:00pm, then they charge?

At those ages, my son liked Camp Carnival so much that not only did he want to go there after dinner, but he wanted to eat dinner there as well. He saw us for breakfast, lunch, afternoon pool or sports time, and shore excursions. Otherwise, he loved being with the other kids. I think the evening activities are especially fun.

At those ages, my son liked Camp Carnival so much that not only did he want to go there after dinner, but he wanted to eat dinner there as well. He saw us for breakfast, lunch, afternoon pool or sports time, and shore excursions. Otherwise, he loved being with the other kids. I think the evening activities are especially fun.

Oh, that sounds promising! :D What did he like doing the best?

What are the hours of CC in the evening? 5:00pm - 10:00pm?

Oh, that sounds promising! :D What did he like doing the best?

What are the hours of CC in the evening? 5:00pm - 10:00pm?

CC usually closes at 5:00 and then opens back up in the Lido Deck restaurant for kids to eat there with other kids at 6:00. They will then walk them to CC after dinner and they can stay until 10:00 no charge. They will play games, have contests, make crafts, all kinds of things. It varies from ship to ship.

At 10:00 starts the Night Owl program, which charges. Some nights, its a movie/video games, some nights special parties with party favors like stuffed animals, backpacks, T-shirts, even alarm clocks!

My son was 5 when he started going to CC and that is his favorite thing! He begs to eat with his friends and loves being able to stay up late. He will turn 12 on the next cruise, and I will keep him with the 9-11 year old group.

Hopefully someone else will know current hours, but I do know it was plenty. My son is now 17 and still went to O2 ( ages 15 to 17) some this summer on our Liberty cruise. At your kids' ages, he enjoyed the various sports contests, scavenger hunts, the late night party they have one night til 3 AM, not having to eat dinner in the dining room, and just hanging out with other kids.

Our son is 8 1/2 and loved Camp Carnival on both Splendor and Freedom. In fact he enjoyed the kids program on Carnival far more than ones on Celebrity, NCL, or Princess. There will be a weekly schedule for each age group that you can pick up on the first day of your cruise that will show what activities are happening for the kids throughout the trip. Camp usually opens at 10am and closes from 1-2 on Sea days, reopens until 5, closes from 5-6, reopens for kids dinner at the buffet for 6, then back to the club until 945pm. Late night has a charge and goes from 10 until 1am. On port days kids may stay at the club while their parents are ashore and they will be given lunch if they are there during that time.

Activities vary by age but include video games, movies, crafts, board games, physical activities (ie gaga ball, basketball), dance parties, etc. My son really enjoys going to Kids Dinner at 6pm, then spending the evening at the club. If he doesn't happen to be interested in a particular activity he will hang with us and swim, play mini golf, hit the arcade, or go to karaoke. He also got a big kick out of the family friendly comedians whose shows were offered at 8 pm and 9 pm. He has enjoyed some of the theater productions as well, particularly if they involve something like juggling or magic....

I do suggest doing the Camp Carnival preregistration for each of your kids while you are completing your check-in paperwork online; it's a nice time saver on the first cruise morning when the kids are ready to hit the club!

We think cruises are the ideal family vacations. Hope you have a wonderful time!