{{***MSC-DIVINA***LIVE***August 23rd - 30th***}}

Mikesa1721

thanks for the quick responses, i'm fine with it... as far as the long walk goes good thing im in a chair and she will just hop on if she gets tired :D:D:D

Haaa!!!!:D You can get all the way forward,,and all the way aft using deck 7. It's the only enclosed deck that actually runs the entire length of the ship.

Hi Mike

Hoping you can help with this one as you know there are 9 of us in the YC for 14 nights we are not all big drinkers, we will probably go to the shows in the evening but also want to go to see some of the other entertainment going on around the ship. Would you recommend buying the drinks vouchers for using when out with the yc area or do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Judith

Hi Mike

Hoping you can help with this one as you know there are 9 of us in the YC for 14 nights we are not all big drinkers, we will probably go to the shows in the evening but also want to go to see some of the other entertainment going on around the ship. Would you recommend buying the drinks vouchers for using when out with the yc area or do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Judith

Absolutely Judith!!!! Just a book of 15 should do you just right. Our bar bill outside of the Yacht Club for the week was $44.00,,,we rarely escaped the confines of the Yacht Club, but when we did, we really didn't find ourselves drinking all that much. Dancing, watching the shows,,,consumed a lot of our time beyond the Yacht Club.:D

thanks for the quick responses, i'm fine with it... as far as the long walk goes good thing im in a chair and she will just hop on if she gets tired :D:D:D

Hey GJ2.......you are on our sailing.......just let me know I'll give you a push about once the wife climbs onboard..............:D

Hey GJ2.......you are on our sailing.......just let me know I'll give you a push about once the wife climbs onboard..............:D

you might want to bring a skateboard or rollerblades i can pull you along too. i've got power !!!!!!!!

Hey mike! I will be sailing the Divina in Nov also in the yacht club... I have room 16032 any info u could pass along for me about the room, butler, yacht club etc.

Coimead86,,,great choice!!! That's one of those square staterooms!! Lots of room plus a larger balcony than a normal YC1 stateroom. I'm not sure who your butler will be though,,,they seem to come and go month after month.

Here's a little secret that I believe I passed along in this thread a while back. If you're planning to go to Great Stirrup Cay,,,go to the concierge(Thomas),,and ask him for a few cooler bags. Next,,,raid your mini-bar of everything,,,beer, soda,,juices,,and then go and see the One Bar bartender(hopefully Dayman) around 8:30 when he opens up. Ask him for some more beers,,sodas,,juices,,etc. Then grab some ice from the cooler on top of the carts that the room stewards use,,or ask the butler to fill your cooler bags with ice. This will save you a bunch of money once you get to GSC.

Hopefully Dayman will still be bar tending up at the One Bar,,,ask him to make you a few of his special cocktails. Some were very good,,,the Jamaican Paradise,,not so much.

Other than that,,just sit back, and relax, because you will be spoiled rotten in The Yacht Club!! Have a Great Cruise!!! Remember to come back and let us know all about your YC experience!!!:D:D

Thanks for all your great info on YC Mike, I have a small silly question for you.

In the bathroom, if there a swivel shaving mirror, does it have a magnified side ? Age is taking its toll on my eyes so need that close up mirror to assist with the make up ha ha ha :)

Thanks Anne

Thanks for all your great info on YC Mike, I have a small silly question for you.

In the bathroom, if there a swivel shaving mirror, does it have a magnified side ? Age is taking its toll on my eyes so need that close up mirror to assist with the make up ha ha ha :)

Thanks Anne

Yes it is a magnifying mirror Anne,,,Kim used it for the exact same reasons!!:D

Thanks for everything, Mike. You brought back great memories of the YC...and as we will be on the awesome Divina YC again in just one week, I have loved reading your tips on things I missed the first time around! I will be sure to ask for the cooler bags for GSC. Such a great idea! Our butler the first time around was Aron. I know he is on leave now so I'm excited to see who took his place. He was the most wonderful butler...anticipated our needs after only one day! Counting the hours!!!

Thanks for everything, Mike. You brought back great memories of the YC...and as we will be on the awesome Divina YC again in just one week, I have loved reading your tips on things I missed the first time around! I will be sure to ask for the cooler bags for GSC. Such a great idea! Our butler the first time around was Aron. I know he is on leave now so I'm excited to see who took his place. He was the most wonderful butler...anticipated our needs after only one day! Counting the hours!!!

Have a great cruise kathiean!!!! We love the Yacht Club and especially our butler Johnny!!! It's the little things that they do that make your trip memorable,,,we just hope to see Johnny back onboard in January after he returns from his 3 months off in December. Please say Hi to "Dayman" and "Sri" at The One Bar from the Zing Zang guy,,,they'll know exactly who you're talking about!!! They both are wonderful and just took fantastic care of us all week long!!!

Mike have you ever been to Mullet Beach or Grand Case Beach........I've looked at so many beaches on that island my head is swimming......they look so amazing........I am wondering how long it takes to get to Grand Case and Mullet is next to Maho so that would kinda kill two birds with one stone type of thing...........I want to go to them all................:D

Mike how long did it take you to get to Maho and back?........Looks like we may head there for the 11:15 KLM arrival and stay until after it's departure at 12:25 and then head back to Phillipsburg for Great Bay and shops.....

When we were there,,,,

Water taxi from port to downtown area (for taxi/bus) $6. all day round trip.

Taxi to Maho about 10-15 mins(depends on traffic) about $10. one way.

Bus to Maho about 25-30 mins (depends on traffic) about $2. one way.

The 747 take off is not to be missed, took off just as we got behind it on the beach, will blow you right to the water!:eek:

Saw one girl standing by the fence thrown across street, hit her head on cement, hurt but OK luckily!

Bars and beach will be full for the big planes, the bars post the flight schedules for the day!:)

Have fun!

American is quite accurate in the travel time to Maho. I might suggest trying to get to the taxi area early though. We found ourselves standing in the Maho Beach line for at least 20 - 30 minutes before a taxi was available to take the group to Maho.

Mike what do you think about hiring a cab for the day and asking the driver to take us around the place a bit and then to Maho and back....and just pay him a large fee for the day......we did it in Barbados once and it was fun.......cost us about $180 for the day............do you think it's safe

Mike what do you think about hiring a cab for the day and asking the driver to take us around the place a bit and then to Maho and back....and just pay him a large fee for the day......we did it in Barbados once and it was fun.......cost us about $180 for the day............do you think it's safe

They do have a daily island tour rate Aussie,,and the drivers are very personable,,they love their island and love to talk about it.

IMG_2358.JPG

Edited by Mikesa1721

They do have a daily island tour rate Aussie,,and the drivers are very personable,,they love their island and love to talk about it.

IMG_2358.JPG

Thanks for that.........$250 plus a tip......would be a bit much when I could do it cheaper the other way, what to do..........what to do............alright....I guess we will talk about it on route and see what floats our boat come Tuesday in St. Maarten...........I have to say that the beach house on Grand Case I found for 2 couples for $1600 for 7 days right on the water.....Sallys cottage.....is definitely something I intend to do.............it looks so cute and the views amazing......the village with all the shops and restaurants are right there and the ocean is your backyard.........the dreams I have amassed whilst looking into this island........and the prices to buy there are so reasonable......under $200,000 there are quite a few choices..........and there was even a restaurant in the Grand case beach area for rent for $1000 per month........a dream of mine....quaint little bar/restaurant..............imagine living the dream in St. Maarten..........I've always thought living in the US Virgin or British Virgin Islands would be fun in retirement...and we could do both, but not sure if the Dutch/French island would be a problem.....I do go on abit don't I!!!!!:eek:

Imagine hearing this in a cute accent and it isn't as bad.....:)

Edited by Aussiegrlfl

Thanks for that.........$250 plus a tip......would be a bit much when I could do it cheaper the other way, what to do..........what to do............alright....I guess we will talk about it on route and see what floats our boat come Tuesday in St. Maarten...........I have to say that the beach house on Grand Case I found for 2 couples for $1600 for 7 days right on the water.....Sallys cottage.....is definitely something I intend to do.............it looks so cute and the views amazing......the village with all the shops and restaurants are right there and the ocean is your backyard.........the dreams I have amassed whilst looking into this island........and the prices to buy there are so reasonable......under $200,000 there are quite a few choices..........and there was even a restaurant in the Grand case beach area for rent for $1000 per month........a dream of mine....quaint little bar/restaurant..............imagine living the dream in St. Maarten..........I've always thought living in the US Virgin or British Virgin Islands would be fun in retirement...and we could do both, but not sure if the Dutch/French island would be a problem.....I do go on abit don't I!!!!!:eek:

Imagine hearing this in a cute accent and it isn't as bad.....:)

We were looking into it as well Aussie!!! I can work anywhere in the world,,just need an internet connection, so location isn't a real problem for me. I know my girlfriend would love to be able to go topless all day, every day!!!:eek::eek: The biggest thing holding us here is my girlfriend's two children. I think once the youngest graduates high school in 4 years,,we are outta here!!! We like living in Florida,,but the summer heat and humidity has really started to grow old on us. We've been looking at St. Thomas as well,,,actually have a roll call buddy who lives in St. Thomas, so I plan to chew her ear off once we board the ship next October.