{{***MSC-DIVINA***LIVE***August 23rd - 30th***}}

Mikesa1721

I have a feeling after our Trans-Atlantic trip, we will be doing a Med cruise next. We're getting kind of bored with the Caribbean. My girlfriend Kim wants to see Greece and more of Italy, but I have a feeling after next year,,sailing from Venice will be a thing of the past. We love the Fantasia class ships because of the Yacht Club, so hopefully we can find an itinerary that encompasses her wish list of ports.

I went into the gym one day looking around and noticed just about every machine was being used. I'm wondering if some of the crew aren't in there exercising?? Wonder if they have set hours they can use the gym?? Interesting questions I'll have to ask on our sailing in January.

Hi Mike after all the hours the crew works I don't think they will there early to exercise. Mike are you making that YC tempting, wow!!!!!!!!

So Captain Scala's a nice guy.............wonder if he would be up to reversing the itinerary?......I'd rather have GSC up first and have the two sea days home to recoup......:D

That would definitely be a better itinerary Aussie!!! Nothing like spending your day at GSC only to get back on this ship knowing you have to pack all your things. Horrible feeling I tell you!!!

I'm so happy you had a great time Tatka!!!!! We said the same thing when we disembarked last Saturday. I can only imagine how hard it is going to be for us when we have to disembark Divina after our 19 day repo sailing in October 2015.

I don't want to even think about that,,just want to be back onboard right now, but we have another 146 days before we can do that again.

We met a lot of great people onboard,,especially a wonderful family from Manchester who we are in contact with almost every day, and will be visiting for a few days before we fly to Genoa for our TA sailing. We loved meeting people from all over the world and it sounds like you do to Tatka!!

Captain Scala is wonderful as well,,,love his sense of humor, and he is so approachable and easy to talk to. I'm hoping one of these sailings we get to have dinner with him just so we can talk in more of a casual setting.:D

Mike, a place you might meet the Captain is the smoking lounge, we saw him in there one day!:)

Mike, a place you might meet the Captain is the smoking lounge, we saw him in there one day!:)

American,,,Captain Scala announced something about cigars under the stars one night. I'm looking through my Daily's but haven't found it yet. I thought he did this in the Cigar Lounge on Thursday night, have to see if I can find some more info about it.

Edited by Mikesa1721

So Captain Scala's a nice guy.............wonder if he would be up to reversing the itinerary?......I'd rather have GSC up first and have the two sea days home to recoup......:D

He is a very nice guy with great sense of humor. By his own words if he was to lose his job, he would be a comedian. I am 100% sure he won't have a problem doing this.

I also think he has great skills in languages. His English is nice and almost accentless (is there such word? :) )

American,,,Captain Scala announced something about cigars under the stars one night. I'm looking through my Daily's but haven't found it yet. I thought he did this in the Cigar Lounge on Thursday night, have to see if I can find some more info about it.

In our cruise it was from 9:45 pm near main pool on White out party.

I have my photo taken with him there. I will post it when I reach home (we are still driving)

In our cruise it was from 9:45 pm near main pool on White out party.

I have my photo taken with him there. I will post it when I reach home (we are still driving)

Excellent Clue Tatka!!!! Thank You so much for that info!!! Yes,,Tuesday night,,

Cigars Under The Stars from 9:45pm - 10:45pm at The Aqua Park. We didn't attend though,,we had met with Captain Scala at The Yacht Club Welcome Party, and then again at another cocktail party later in the week.

Excellent Clue Tatka!!!! Thank You so much for that info!!! Yes,,Tuesday night,,

Cigars Under The Stars from 9:45pm - 10:45pm at The Aqua Park. We didn't attend though,,we had met with Captain Scala at The Yacht Club Welcome Party, and then again at another cocktail party later in the week.

YC snob..............:D

You're gonna be up there one of these days Aussie,,,just wait and see!!!!:D:D And I just hit 1000 posts!!!! Yayyyyyyy!!!!

Congrats, Mike!

On both 1000 posts and sailing in YC. :)

They looked very nice from outside.

And we are finally home, after 22 hour drive.

Congrats, Mike!

On both 1000 posts and sailing in YC. :)

They looked very nice from outside.

And we are finally home, after 22 hour drive.

Thank You Tatka!!!!! I've driven up to Upstate New York quite a few times so I know what that ride is like. Hoping to hear more about your trip aboard Divina once you recover from the long ride!!!:D

That would definitely be a better itinerary Aussie!!! Nothing like spending your day at GSC only to get back on this ship knowing you have to pack all your things. Horrible feeling I tell you!!!

I'm more worried after a day in the sun and the all I can drink package.....I'll forget to pack and get up in time to get off............:D....I'll just tell him unless he wants a stow away he should consider the reversal option...........he might go for that..........

I'm more worried after a day in the sun and the all I can drink package.....I'll forget to pack and get up in time to get off............:D....I'll just tell him unless he wants a stow away he should consider the reversal option...........he might go for that..........

Gather the pax and create a mutiny onboard Aussie!!!! LOL!!! What I would like to see is a trip to GSC instead of Nassau on some of these 3 day sailings we've been booking. We had a great time on GSC and would much rather spend a day there than in Nassau.

Gather the pax and create a mutiny onboard Aussie!!!! LOL!!! What I would like to see is a trip to GSC instead of Nassau on some of these 3 day sailings we've been booking. We had a great time on GSC and would much rather spend a day there than in Nassau.

Look at NCL cruises. They own GSC.

I know MSC leases the island from NCL JKgourmet,,I was hoping that maybe MSC could stop at GSC rather than Nassau. We really like the short 3 day weekend type trips, but we stay on the ship when docked in Nassau,,I think GSC would be a better alternative, but the man power and added expense to bring food, supplies, and tender pax to GSC would probably be cost prohibitive on those 3 day sailings.

Edited by Mikesa1721

While I liked GSC a lot, and we visited it twice this year with NCL and MSC, there are more interesting private islands like Holland America's Half Moon Cay, Princess's Princess Cay and Royal Caribbean's Labadee (Haiti).

Hi Mike after all the hours the crew works I don't think they will there early to exercise.

Hi, Related to this, on my backstage tour of the Allure's Aquatheater, they said the divers in the show are REQUIRED to work out a certain number of hours per week, it is logged. I believe the same was true of the dancers. It could be the same on MSC.

Hi, Related to this, on my backstage tour of the Allure's Aquatheater, they said the divers in the show are REQUIRED to work out a certain number of hours per week, it is logged. I believe the same was true of the dancers. It could be the same on MSC.

I think you are probably correct in your assumption Maureen. After seeing some of the shows 2 weeks ago,you can definitively tell that most, if not all do some form of fitness training each day. We've seen a lot of the entertainment crew in the Galaxy Disco after the Starwalker show,,but never asked them about their daily regimens,,we were always to enthralled in their performances!!

Mike I had a chat with Gerry Cahill...CEO of Carnival and like you I would love them to do HMC instead of the 24 hour stop in Nassau on the 3 day cruise..........but he explained to me that it is a logistics factor.....basically they get paid to dock in Nassau by the country and bring in the $$$....their private island costs them $$$ so they only do it on the longer cruises....it makes sense but it still sucks.....I'm sure it is the same for the other private islands......however...it is funny I wrote to MSC on facebook where they answer all your questions very quickly........and they told me that at this time they are not going to reverse the itinery although they saw my point.............could it be something in the future............hopefully......

Mike I had a chat with Gerry Cahill...CEO of Carnival and like you I would love them to do HMC instead of the 24 hour stop in Nassau on the 3 day cruise..........but he explained to me that it is a logistics factor.....basically they get paid to dock in Nassau by the country and bring in the $$$....their private island costs them $$$ so they only do it on the longer cruises....it makes sense but it still sucks.....I'm sure it is the same for the other private islands......however...it is funny I wrote to MSC on facebook where they answer all your questions very quickly........and they told me that at this time they are not going to reverse the itinery although they saw my point.............could it be something in the future............hopefully......

One can only hope Aussie. I love the idea though!! I'm all in for that change. Hopefully if one of the new ships is sent to the POM, we might see that itinerary.:)

OMG we are 13 days from sailing and our roll call is DEAD....WTH.....I'm just chomping at the bit..............I don't get it........maybe it means the ship is empty and my inside guarantee will be a balcony:D or better yet a YC cabin..................hahahahahhhahahhahhhhahahhah I know that will NEVER happen. but as soon as I find out my cabin assignment I'll be so happy....it's kinda like playing the lotto.............going guarantee.........except that I at least get a room and not a ticket worth bloody nothing...........:eek: