Day pass sandals, breezes or bch nassau

rcrx

Ok so which one seems to be the best and easiest to get to?? We will have a LONG port day. BCH looks laid back and chill. Sandals looks pretty darn nice. Not sure about Breezes or Melia. RIU doesn't look up to my speed so to speak. So far we are leaning Sandals or BCH. We enjoy adult beverages and sometimes to many..:):) so maybe Sandals would be better deal??

Any suggestions??

THANKS

Will be there late Sept so I'm assuming not terribly busy??

We've been to Sandals, Breezes, Melia and RIU. We enjoyed them all and would be happy to go back to any of them, depending on what type of day we wanted.

Besides lots of adult beverages, what kinds of things are you looking for in a day pass? Peace and quiet? Water sports? Romantic atmosphere? Long walk on the beach? Calm water? No kids? Why do you say RIU isn't your speed?

They are all easy to get to but BCH is the only one in walking distance.

We have been looking at Sandals and it appears they have raised their prices quite a bit. They've split the days into hours. When we called them just a little bit ago they offered us 10am - 2am for $310 per person. I saw another site offering $295 per person from 9:30am - 6pm.

We spent our honeymoon at a Sandals and would LOVE to spend the day at Royal Bahamian - they are worth the money when you are spending a week there, but I can't fathom those prices for a single day with no room. I'll be checking with my travel agent on Monday to see if she can get us some better info.

At any rate, from what we are gathering Breezes is a more active resort. Melia sounds good but we are wondering a bit about food. We would love to hear more about Riu. My wife and I want more of a Sandals atmosphere when we are in Nassau on 10/29, just not at those prices. It will be a very long port day.

Edited by AlexanderBeetle

We have been looking at Sandals and it appears they have raised their prices quite a bit. They've split the days into hours. When we called them just a little bit ago they offered us 10am - 2am for $310 per person. I saw another site offering $295 per person from 9:30am - 6pm.

We spent our honeymoon at a Sandals and would LOVE to spend the day at Royal Bahamian - they are worth the money when you are spending a week there, but I can't fathom those prices for a single day with no room. I'll be checking with my travel agent on Monday to see if she can get us some better info.

At any rate, from what we are gathering Breezes is a more active resort. Melia sounds good but we are wondering a bit about food. We would love to hear more about Riu. My wife and I want more of a Sandals atmosphere when we are in Nassau on 10/29, just not at those prices. It will be a very long port day.

Wow, those Sandals prices are insane! We love Sandals but I would ever pay that for a day pass. Where did you go for your honeymoon?

What did you want to know about RIU? We've done the day pass there twice and also stayed there for the weekend. It's not really like Sandals. It's a small property with one pool. Buffet lunch and drinks are included.

Wow, those Sandals prices are insane! We love Sandals but I would ever pay that for a day pass. Where did you go for your honeymoon?

What did you want to know about RIU? We've done the day pass there twice and also stayed there for the weekend. It's not really like Sandals. It's a small property with one pool. Buffet lunch and drinks are included.

We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. We loved it so much and are planning to go back... perhaps for our 10 year. Once I talk to my TA I will post here with the details she gets me. I could hardly hold the phone up to my ear when the guy gave me that rate.

For a relaxing and casual atmosphere for adults would you recommend RIU or Melia? Breezes seems a little more active than we are looking for. We are cruising without the kids (3 under 5, it's crazy!) so we are really looking forward to having some peaceful time to ourselves :) Melia looks fantastic but wish there was an all-inclusive option. Are meals/drinks expensive there?

Got some more reliable information on Sandals:

You can just arrive and purchase a day pass. These prices are per person:

10am-6pm $110

6pm-2am $110

10am-2am $190

Still a bit high but much better than what the other guy told me.

That sounds like what we paid when we were there a couple of years ago. I emailed Sandals and they sent the quote. I printed out their email just in case I had any problems at the resort, but I didn't need it. We also got there a little before 10 and they let us right in. They even said that breakfast was still being served but we had already eaten on the ship.

The evening pass includes dinner so that is why it is pricey.

We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. We loved it so much and are planning to go back... perhaps for our 10 year. Once I talk to my TA I will post here with the details she gets me. I could hardly hold the phone up to my ear when the guy gave me that rate.

For a relaxing and casual atmosphere for adults would you recommend RIU or Melia? Breezes seems a little more active than we are looking for. We are cruising without the kids (3 under 5, it's crazy!) so we are really looking forward to having some peaceful time to ourselves :) Melia looks fantastic but wish there was an all-inclusive option. Are meals/drinks expensive there?

Oh, we loved Sandals Whitehouse! Especially the main pool and coffee shop. :)

RIU isn't adults-only but there aren't many kids there because there isn't much for kids to do. I thought it was very relaxing around the pool. The beach is lively in front of the resort, but if you want down a ways, it's secluded and gorgeous. You can also walk over to the Cloisters, which came from a French monastery. It doesn't take long to see them and they are very pretty.

You can book RIU in advance through Island Marketing for $75 a person. Otherwise, it's $100 a person at the front desk.