Two Thumbs up for kids program on HAL!

Disneynerd

If you have children and are concerned they won't have much to do on the HAL line - don't be!!

We just got off the Westerdam (from Seattle to Alaska). My dd is 12 and after taking a Disney cruise last year I was a bit worried about if she would have things to do on HAL.

Club Hal is fabulous. My dd met several girls her age and they all hung out together at the club and then at the pool, lido, etc. She had a better social life than we did!!!

The staff was wonderful at the club and our dd was there during most of their open hours. She never ate dinner with us in the main dining room since we had late seating and she preferred to be at the club until they closed (at 10:00). There were different theme nights and unfortunately she missed the last night (the unbirthday party) as we were in Victoria.

The staff even wrote her a letter and put it in our room mailbox the last night and it was just the sweetest letter. With fewer kids, there was lots of interaction with the staff and personal attention.

I can't say enough good things about their program and the staff. My dd is skyping right now with one of the friends she met and they are making plans for "their" next cruise :D.

Club HAL is the very reason we chose our first family cruise to be on Holland America. It did not disappoint and I feel, like Kazu said above, it is the best kept secret. Shame as we have been on Princess and Disney and our two prefer Club Hal. The staff make all the difference and the number are low so much more direct interaction/supervision.

It makes us enjoy our cruise much more as we know DD and DS are safe and having a blast.

I remember on one of my cruises seeing children from club HAL, various ages, coming by the library - dressed in pirate theme! They must have spent the morning dressing up and making their "props" and I believe they were on a treasure hunt to recapture their lost booty (or so I was told!) They were not disruptive at all, well behaved, and the outfits/costumes were terrific!

Looked like they were having a great time !

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer