Carnival Breeze, Toddler Style!

Sunkissed Mommy

Enjoyed the review my lo will be going on her 3rd cruise in January at 18 months, the other two were enjoyable but in getting worried reading about how difficult they ate at their age. I really hope we will still be able to eat in the dining room without too many problems. BTW also love the magnet idea

Traveling with a roving toddler isn't as bad as it may seem. We returned from this trip and made final payment on a cruise for October. We're going forward with it. We figure he has to learn public etiquette some time, why not when he's young?!?

Great review, I am traveling with my 2 year old in April so found this very helpful. I did read some people say children who aren't potty trained couldn't use any pools (even kids pools) did you find this true? If so I have 6 months of potty training ahead of me

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your review. I agree that kid reviews are hard to come by. My daughter was a little 2.5 on her first cruise and I would have found something like this very handy.

I do have a question for you though… Is the Suess stuff too young for my 6.5 year old daughter? We're very interested in the breakfast also… and where did you sign up for it at?

You're a lifesaver! I'll be cruising with my 20 month old soon. He'll be too young for Camp Ocean, so I wondered what there would be for him to do. I also wondered about the sleeping arrangement (he's also used to sleeping in a different room). The hooks and sheet are brilliant! We plan on eating in the dining room each night and wonder how he'll do there too. I think we'll grab an extra banana at lunch and let him get started with that while we wait. Were you able to get a private table? I worry about him bothering other guests. He's pretty good -- but he's (almost) two.

Thanks for the awesome review! :D

Thanks for your review. I agree that kid reviews are hard to come by. My daughter was a little 2.5 on her first cruise and I would have found something like this very handy.

I do have a question for you though… Is the Suess stuff too young for my 6.5 year old daughter? We're very interested in the breakfast also… and where did you sign up for it at?

There were many older kids! My son was the youngest kid in attendance for those events. Sorry I don't have info about the breakfast. I know it was $5 per person and included green eggs and ham along with the characters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You're a lifesaver! I'll be cruising with my 20 month old soon. He'll be too young for Camp Ocean, so I wondered what there would be for him to do. I also wondered about the sleeping arrangement (he's also used to sleeping in a different room). The hooks and sheet are brilliant! We plan on eating in the dining room each night and wonder how he'll do there too. I think we'll grab an extra banana at lunch and let him get started with that while we wait. Were you able to get a private table? I worry about him bothering other guests. He's pretty good -- but he's (almost) two.

Thanks for the awesome review! :D

Yes, I emailed the maître d ahead of time explaining that we wanted to be at our own table so we didn't disturb other guests dinners. They emailed me back about 1 week before the cruise telling us that our request would be honored. It was very nice of them!

We had a nice table, upstairs against the rail, so my son could look down on the first floor and people watch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I think maybe I'm the only one totally geeking out over the magnet clip/hangers! That's the biggest thing missing on Carnival - curtain room divider. We are going on the Breeze in November and are bringing our DD(13), and her best friend(11)... What we'd give for a little privacy!

Can you message me the link to those clips please?

Thanks for the review!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

This is great info. We'll be cruising with our son who will be almost 2 1/2 years old next November on the Breeze and I'm crossing my fingers he's potty trained by then so he can enjoy the waterworks, but I'm also not holding my breath, lol.

I wonder though in the shallow parts where you kind of walk through couldn't I carry him through as long as his butt isn't in the water?

THANK YOU FOR THIS! We are cruising in Jan on the Magic with our will be 15 month toddler.

I guess Mommy brain hasn't even thought through to the dinner time ritual yet! We love fruit, so we may have to stop by the lido on the way and pick up some pre-meal munchies.

This is great info. We'll be cruising with our son who will be almost 2 1/2 years old next November on the Breeze and I'm crossing my fingers he's potty trained by then so he can enjoy the waterworks, but I'm also not holding my breath, lol.

I wonder though in the shallow parts where you kind of walk through couldn't I carry him through as long as his butt isn't in the water?

I think policy states that he can't go in at all. However, I can tell you that some crew members are more lenient than others. On the day we were in Grand Cayman there was no one in WaterWorks. We played in there taking turns watching our son. A crew member told us to take him in because no one else was there. We chose not to because we felt bad if he had an accident. We're hoping my son potty trains early so he can enjoy the splash areas on cruise ships sooner rather than later.

While I completely understand the rules and why they're there for the ones that are in diapers.....who's to say that a 5 year old that is potty trained doesn't pee in the pool or Water works area because they don't want to get out, or even a 35 year old? Just sayin'......

While I completely understand the rules and why they're there for the ones that are in diapers.....who's to say that a 5 year old that is potty trained doesn't pee in the pool or Water works area because they don't want to get out, or even a 35 year old? Just sayin'......

It's not the pee they're worried about...

Great review! I loved the shower curtain idea! Now that we have two little ones, we put the youngest in a pack n play in the bathroom with the video monitor and white noise machine so that he can have his own space to sleep. We booked our next cruise specifically after our youngest turns 2 so that both kids can enjoy Camp Carnival and we can eat dinner in peace and maybe finally hang out in Serenity! We can't wait! Our kids love to cruise and are already gold cruisers at under 3 years old!

We've cruised with our grandchildren and we were put at tables with other children when we did assigned seating. I think dinnertime behavior has a lot to do with what the child is used to and the experiences they have had. Our granddaughter was 5 on her first cruise and was able to order her own meal and use her silverware and carry on conversation with grownups at the table. The other 5 year old was pout or in tears, ate with her fingers and would not talk to anyone. I don't think her parents tried to keep up with nap time, and she was out of sorts and cranky because of it.

• 2 months later...

FANTASTIC review, so helpful! THANK YOU for this! :)

We are about to board the Carnival Breeze with 6 month old twins & have been worried about getting around, which stroller we should take, cribs, etc. We already requested a crib, but seems that we may need to re-ask when we check in. Gosh I hope they do a free upgrade to balcony state room! That would be WONDERFUL if so. :)

THANK YOU FOR THIS! We are cruising in Jan on the Magic with our will be 15 month toddler.

I guess Mommy brain hasn't even thought through to the dinner time ritual yet! We love fruit, so we may have to stop by the lido on the way and pick up some pre-meal munchies.

We brought in a snack to our first dinner. Asked that a fruit plate be on table before we arrived and it was each night