Price Drop

jenn6743

wow, big drop.... I had a 140 one this morning but 70 was taken for higher fees/taxes... But still, been waiting many months for this one to drop.

I though mine was only going to be $210 bc I had a 15% off from a noisey cabin, and they took it off the new price. When I applied it they said I would only get it once...Any money saved it a good day for me!!!!

Congrats! I didn't book ES but about a week after I did book the price for a Balcony dropped to just $10pp more than my Ocean View. I called up and changed my booking for $20. The happy dance ensued shortly after.

Currently for $60 more I can pick my own balcony. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. Just hoping I can pull off this surprise without spilling the beans. Wife's 50th birthday. :)

saved 140.04 a room x 3 and free upgrade, went from a 8A to 8E (to us a prime location close to lido door whoo). We could not even get early saver for these (8A) rooms and we booked out over a year ago. I really not sure how much lower these rooms can go for I have never seen prices this low.

Jenn,

I know that feeling. We got in very early on the Pride reposition and the price is up 60% and has been that way for some time. I really don't expect to see a price drop on this cruise and am VERY happy with the price I got for it.

Steve

Got OBC from Past Guest Sale, our 5th price drop since booking in May -- we are now down $250PP

We also got to upgrade our 8C balcony on Empress to an 8E balcony on Lido, at no charge. Love Lido -- and love Early Saver since we are past final payment date!:D

*BTW -- had another exemplary customer service experience with the Carnival rep on the phone! Kudos to them!:)

When is the most likely time for the prices to start dropping? We are booked in March 2015?

Probably not for a while yet.

What I've done was go to Carnival's booking page and filtered out everything so that only my cruise shows. Then I bookmarked the page as "PriceCheckXXX" with XXX being the amount I paid for the room.

When I want to check prices I hit the bookmark and I can instantly see if the price went down. Right now the base price is $10 lower. Since I'm not ES I have to upgrade my booking... I don't get a price drop per se but I do get a cheap upgrade if I choose to do it.

March is Spring Break time, so don't be discouraged if nothing... or little changes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaiLina View Post

We just got a price drop with the past guest sale also! :-)

Me too! We are now at $365 OBC. :D

WOW, that's a good amount of OBC! I know any amount is great, but I'm going to keep checking up until the last days to make sure we get all we can!