Best Carnival Ship and Best Carnival Itinerary

TCRN

Favorite is the Breeze only because it's new and has all of the bells and whistles. Just by a nod as like others were quite fond of all of the CCL ships we have sailed on. The Valor probably brings the most memories with five sailings. Always feels like home. Comfortable.

The southern itineraries are our favorite and anything going to St Lucia. Our all time favorite island.

We've been blessed to have been on the cruises we have been on. They have all been just great. Never an issue, complaint or problem.

I have to agree with the Southern Caribbean itinerary. Very port-intensive but very beautiful.

As for favorite ship, Let me give a bit of background information. We sailed on the Freedom last year (3rd time on her) and were upset with the new entertainment option, Playlist Productions. After the very first exposure to one of the shows, we hunted down a high-ranking Carnival management employee to discuss this new format with him. He was a bit cautious about what he'd say but did confirm that the Carnival ship which consistently gets the highest customer satisfaction ratings is the Liberty which got the bulk of the 2.0 upgrades but still shows the original "good" shows including the live orchestra.

Brian

I know it is a matter of opinion but I am interested to hear what my fellow cruisers feel is the best ship and the best itinerary.

For the best ship…what is it about that ship that blows the others out of the water (see what I did there :D)? Which cabin did you have? Was it a specific crew member that made your experience top notch?

For the best itinerary…what excursions did you do? What is not to be missed at each port? How soon are you going back?

For me, the best ship I've been on is the Valor and I have to be honest…in large part it was due to Felipe (woo hoo!) the Cruise Director. The best itinerary I've experienced has been the Key West & Cozumel itinerary.

Let's hear your thoughts!!!:cool:

Favorite ship: Miracle. Pride and Legend are tied for 2nd, Splendor is next, followed by Breeze.

Best itinerary: Repo cruise from Tampa to Long Beach this past August. Tampa, sea day, Grand Cayman, sea day, Cartagena Columbia (one of the most beautiful cities we've ever visited), through the Panama Canal (an incredible experience we'll never forget), sea day, Puntarenas Costa Rica (where we hope to never go again), three sea days, Cabo San Lucas, sea day, Long Beach. This 13 day cruise really raised the bar for us. Seven and eight days cruises just won't seem long enough now.

I certainly don't claim a lot to choose from, but I would say Breeze.

Butch the CD

Arie our dining room server

Plenty of activities

Lots of quiet spaces as well

Thermal Suite

Itinerary: Antigua (best beach day we have ever had), Tortola (the Baths), St Thomas (Island Tour and Snorkeling), Nassau (just like kicking around on our own).

I have only been on the Triumph and the Magic. I liked the Magic the best and frankly think it will be hard to beat (except maybe the Breeze). I like the big ships apparently. lol

I haven't been on the Southern Caribbean itinerary but I am going with that one as my favorite. Will find out for sure next April (God willing)!