Mercury Departure from San Diego at 8 pm!

flowy

Gee, what gives with the Mercury departure at 8 p.m.???? We are on the December sailing. It was changed from 5 p.m. For the price of this cruise, it shortens the day substantially.

No first night dinner in the dining room? At $2,100 per person for the Sky Suite, it is pricey enough without shortening the cruise. Anyone have any info on this?

Hi flowy. We are on the October 31st sailing at 8pm. Just to clarify, you will have first night dinner, just the ship won't be moving if you are on main seating. I plan to be getting on the ship at midday, for a chance to look around and have some lunch on board and then maybe get off again to have a look around San Diego a bit more. We are on main seating, so hopefully can be out of the dining room in time for sailaway. So I wouldn't worry. The only change I can see this makes is that we get into Cabo at 10.30am instead of 9am.

Phil

It will be just fine! You can board about 11:30AM. They will have food in the buffet for several hours and as Phil states dinner will be served in the DR as well. You will be able to enjoy your cabin, get your luggage & unpack & be all relaxed & set to go! There will be many amenities to enjoy on board! Relax & have a great time! Just because the ship isn't moving yet, you are still on it having a good time!!! :D

We are on the December 2 sailing & according to Celebrity's website, as well as the on-line agencies I've checked, sailaway is still at 5PM.

I for one wolud love a later sailing time because our work schedule forbids us from flying in the day before, & I would like the extra time to allow for any airline isssues! Either way, can't wait!!

The December 12th sail is at 8 p.m. at this time. I will miss seeing the departure from San Diego and the sail away party or at least champagne as I will be in the dining room for late seating, but, gee! That should be my biggest problem. I'm taking everyone's advice and enjoying.

Thanks for the advice, Fran

We are sailing on the Mercury 11/11/05 and on the Celebrity site it states that we will leave at 9pm. I had my TA call them and we are leaving at 5pm. We can board around 11:30.

Can't wait............will have a martini in one hand and be waving to everyone with the other!!!!!!!!!!

You all have a great trip, too!!!! I will warm up the Mercury for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marci/a911Chick

Archived