Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Such a great review. I love the Pride and can't wait for the upgrades also. Living in MD makes it so easy to cruise.

Leaving tomorrow on the Freedom and this review is making me more anxious about GT and HMC.

You do such a great job on these reviews.

Oh....and I love that shirt too (Go O's).

I am really enjoying your review. Thank-you so much for taking the time to post it, I know it is a lot of work taking the pictures etc and I want you to know WE all appreciate it !!!!!!

I was just wondering on the HMC map where you and your parents sat? We have been there 3 times an always had a cabana. This time it is us my husband and myself going no family or friends and we don't want to spend the extra money for the 2 of us. We have a little trouble walking like your dad so I knew where ever you guys sat would probably best suit our needs.

Thank you again

Hey Brianna! Just loving your review! Isn't HMC a slice of heaven on earth?! We've been there at least 10 times, and it never gets old. We added the Fascination to our vacation plans, specifically for HMC. Just getting there now in my review.

Another fantastic review! Thank you SO much for taking the time to do it. We loved our cruise on Pride a few years ago. What a great daughter you are to plan that surprise for your parents' anniversary. Don't think my kids even remember the date of ours!! :rolleyes: Can't wait to read more! :)

CarnivalPride-July272014189_zps901f822c.jpg

Brianna, was going to wait till you finished before commenting again, but I just have to butt in for a quick little minute to tell you how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture. We were in HMC on our Glory cruise in May 2010 and it has to be one of the most beautiful places. I'm enjoying your other pictures as well and seeing places of HMC that I didn't see. So sorry about the "Tea Time", I'd have been happy to join you and reminisce about our past cruises.

Very much enjoying your review, but love love love the Half Moon Cay pics. We have been there three times and would go back in a heartbeat! I can't believe we never heard about the Behind the scenes tour but will definitely put that on my bucket list. The first time there (2003?) we were told only 5 or 6 people lived there full time. Now 126--wow! And the pictures of the ship from the island are perfect. I have never been able to get a straight on shot with the entire length of the ship.

We are going back to Grand Turk next year and have never gone to the pool at Margarittaville(sp?). I was thinking of trying to talk the group into that and your pictures kind of sealed the deal. I hope it is as uncrowded when we are there!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. Oh, I almost forgot--loved the Orioles shirt!!!

I wasn't very much of a beach person until I went to Half Moon Cay for the first time in 2009. It's impossible not to fall in love with that beach....it is just gorgeous. The water, the sand, the sun....what more could you want.

My parents were told that the reason why more people live on the island is because they are receiving more ships into Half Moon Cay than ever before. There is a different ship there just about every day.

When we were returning to the ship on the tender I made sure that I sat up on the top deck of the tender boat on the left side to ensure that I was able to get some great pictures of the ship. I have some more photos of the ship coming up in the review from Half Moon Cay.

Before you head out on your cruise check to see if there will be any other ships in port with you in Gand Turk. If there are then I would head to the Margaritaville pool early in the day before it gets busy.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review

Such a great review. I love the Pride and can't wait for the upgrades also. Living in MD makes it so easy to cruise.

Leaving tomorrow on the Freedom and this review is making me more anxious about GT and HMC.

You do such a great job on these reviews.

Oh....and I love that shirt too (Go O's).

Thank you so much. I wish we loved closer to a port.....I would cruise even more than I do which may not be a good thing ;-) People that don't have to fly to cruise ports don't realize how good they got it....haha

Enjoy your cruise on the Freedom. We were on the Freedom before the 2.0 upgrades....be sure to check out the Fish and Chips area. People never remember that it's up there.

Will you be stopping at Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay on your cruise on the Freedom??

Hopefully the Orioles will make the playoffs...even though I've already focused my sports attention on the football season.

I am really enjoying your review. Thank-you so much for taking the time to post it, I know it is a lot of work taking the pictures etc and I want you to know WE all appreciate it !!!!!!

I was just wondering on the HMC map where you and your parents sat? We have been there 3 times an always had a cabana. This time it is us my husband and myself going no family or friends and we don't want to spend the extra money for the 2 of us. We have a little trouble walking like your dad so I knew where ever you guys sat would probably best suit our needs.

Thank you again

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. It makes me happy to know that people enjoy it. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.

In Half Moon Cay we sat just to the left of the rental shack. When you get off the tender and walk up into the cruise center area. Take the first sidewalk to the left and take the sidewalk down until you see the rental shack. From the rental shack there are steps and a wheelchair ramp down to the beach. When you're at the rental shack look to your left and you will see a row of trees. Sit in the lounge chairs in the last row of chairs under the trees and you will have shade for the whole day. It was a perfect location.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is with renting a cabana....the water is too gorgeous to spend it sitting in a cabana

Hey Brianna! Just loving your review! Isn't HMC a slice of heaven on earth?! We've been there at least 10 times, and it never gets old. We added the Fascination to our vacation plans, specifically for HMC. Just getting there now in my review.

Thank You. Your review is pretty great as well. I'm excited to see your pics of Half Moon Cay. And yes Half Moon Cay is just beautiful. There's no other place quite like it. This was our 3rd visit there. I swear I didn't want to leave....how do I get a job of staying on the island.....Sign Me Up

Another fantastic review! Thank you SO much for taking the time to do it. We loved our cruise on Pride a few years ago. What a great daughter you are to plan that surprise for your parents' anniversary. Don't think my kids even remember the date of ours!! :rolleyes: Can't wait to read more! :)

Thank You for reading my review...so happy that you're enjoying it. I told my parents about a week before the cruise that I were taking them for their anniversary but the only catch was that I was going along.....pretty clever huh??? Haha

CarnivalPride-July272014189_zps901f822c.jpg

Brianna, was going to wait till you finished before commenting again, but I just have to butt in for a quick little minute to tell you how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture. We were in HMC on our Glory cruise in May 2010 and it has to be one of the most beautiful places. I'm enjoying your other pictures as well and seeing places of HMC that I didn't see. So sorry about the "Tea Time", I'd have been happy to join you and reminisce about our past cruises.

It is pretty great isn't it. My mom took this one when they were on the tour. When they got back from the tour she said "look at the photos I got of the ship".... I was super impressed. These pics really show you how beautiful the ship is in the water.

Enjoying your review. Grand Turk is my favorite port. We are cruising next March on the Conquest for 8 days to Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba and Curacao. You mom looks like she is enjoying the cruise.

Go 'Canes!

Thank You so much. I would have to say that Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are in my top three favorite ports (I still LOVE Key West). Yes my mom really enjoyed the cruise.

It is pretty great isn't it. My mom took this one when they were on the tour. When they got back from the tour she said "look at the photos I got of the ship".... I was super impressed. These pics really show you how beautiful the ship is in the water.

It is a really great picture. Please let you mom know it looks like a post card or enlarged, framed and displayed. :) I took a LOT of pictures of the ship in the water at HMC from our Glory cruise and several came out nice, but this one your mom got is just spectacular and even my two best ones don't even hold a candle to it.

I know I will continue to enjoy your review. I check for updates, each day, for yours and I'm reading Jamman54's too. Will you be doing a section on your trip to the Little League World Series? Did you go to the main one, in Williamsport, PA? A softball team that I played for back in the days when they just started getting organized girls softball (over 30 years ago) just won, for the first time ever, the Little League Junior Softball World Series. They had the game televised (the one from Kirkland, WA) and the level these 13 & 14 year-olds are playing at is a higher level than the year I played in high school. All the kids involved whether it be baseball or softball should really be proud. They definitely put in a lot of time and hard work and win or lose, they should all be proud.

Thank you so much. I wish we loved closer to a port.....I would cruise even more than I do which may not be a good thing ;-) People that don't have to fly to cruise ports don't realize how good they got it....haha

Enjoy your cruise on the Freedom. We were on the Freedom before the 2.0 upgrades....be sure to check out the Fish and Chips area. People never remember that it's up there.

Will you be stopping at Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay on your cruise on the Freedom??

Hopefully the Orioles will make the playoffs...even though I've already focused my sports attention on the football season.

yes, going to Nassau, HMC and GT it's a great itinerary for a 5 night cruise. I've been on the Freedom twice before but not since upgrade.

Yes....the O's SHOULD make the playoffs. After that, looking for the Ravens to do some great things this season!

Yes....the O's SHOULD make the playoffs. After that, looking for the Ravens to do some great things this season!

👍👍👍👍 O's are doing Amazing. Ravens preseason went great...let's see how the rest is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is a really great picture. Please let you mom know it looks like a post card or enlarged, framed and displayed. :) I took a LOT of pictures of the ship in the water at HMC from our Glory cruise and several came out nice, but this one your mom got is just spectacular and even my two best ones don't even hold a candle to it.

I know I will continue to enjoy your review. I check for updates, each day, for yours and I'm reading Jamman54's too. Will you be doing a section on your trip to the Little League World Series? Did you go to the main one, in Williamsport, PA? A softball team that I played for back in the days when they just started getting organized girls softball (over 30 years ago) just won, for the first time ever, the Little League Junior Softball World Series. They had the game televised (the one from Kirkland, WA) and the level these 13 & 14 year-olds are playing at is a higher level than the year I played in high school. All the kids involved whether it be baseball or softball should really be proud. They definitely put in a lot of time and hard work and win or lose, they should all be proud.

Yeah I'm not sure which one I want to get framed....this one or the first pic I posted when I started the Half Moon Cay photos. I may even get one printed to hang up in my office. The funny thing is my mom didn't even want to take a camera that morning when they left for their tour. I asked her to take a camera cause you never know what you would see on the tour. I'm definitely happy that she decided to take a camera with her.

I wasn't planning on adding pics to the end of my review of the LLWS in Williamsport. If you would like I could e-mail some pics to you. Yes we went to the LLWS in Williamsport, PA. It was AMAZING. When we were heading home I told my dad that I enjoyed the LLWS as much as a cruise. Watching baseball like that is how the game is meant to be played....young kids playing for fun, for their coaches, for their teammates, and for their communities. If I don't see another MLB again....it wouldn't bother me one bit. I will definitely be going back to Williamsport again next year

yes, going to Nassau, HMC and GT it's a great itinerary for a 5 night cruise. I've been on the Freedom twice before but not since upgrade.

Wow that is a great itinerary. You really picked a good one with the exception for Nassau ;-) Enjoy Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk....have a great cruise.

I'm looking for my Chicago Bears to have a great season as well....as long as Jay Cutler doesn't have a meltdown...haha

Yeah I'm not sure which one I want to get framed....this one or the first pic I posted when I started the Half Moon Cay photos. I may even get one printed to hang up in my office. The funny thing is my mom didn't even want to take a camera that morning when they left for their tour. I asked her to take a camera cause you never know what you would see on the tour. I'm definitely happy that she decided to take a camera with her.

I wasn't planning on adding pics to the end of my review of the LLWS in Williamsport. If you would like I could e-mail some pics to you. Yes we went to the LLWS in Williamsport, PA. It was AMAZING. When we were heading home I told my dad that I enjoyed the LLWS as much as a cruise. Watching baseball like that is how the game is meant to be played....young kids playing for fun, for their coaches, for their teammates, and for their communities. If I don't see another MLB again....it wouldn't bother me one bit. I will definitely be going back to Williamsport again next year

Are you talking about the first photo, the close up picture of Pride in the water? Yes, I love that one too. Glad your mom took the camera. I always make sure I have mine. :)

I've actually never been to the LLWS but have been through Williamsport. When I played little league, the PA state championships were always held in Williamsport, at least softball was, but our team didn't make it to states the year I made all-stars. I was bummed. The states were usually held in mid to late July, before the LLWS. I have a nephew who played last year and his team came in 2nd in the states (PA) but they never made it to Williamsport. I have another nephew coming up, so I'm really hoping he might get a chance to play in it. We do watch it on TV and love watching them play. I saw the video of the one coach's speech to his team (RI, I think) after they lost. So inspirational. If you'd like to send the pics, I'd love to see them. Do you still have my email?