Not Able to Choose Times for MTD

yogimax

So what's the story with MTD reservations? In the past, I could always pick the times I wanted by simply going online before the cruise.

Now, all I get is a message that this will have to be done onboard the ship. Well, our cruise is in November and I'm going to guess that the most popular times will already be booked.

Is this something new or am I missing something?

The "new" pre-cruise planner is wacky and glitchy! We had a problem selecting times for our October 5th cruise on the Brilliance. I received an email,90 days before sailing, stating I could make my reservations but when I would go in there I'd get the same message you are reporting. I called and they had the same issue.

Just last week I tried again and it was finally open! (at about 45 days out)

They tend to keep the most popular times for onboard booking....otherwise, everyone would choose the 7:30 timeslot in advance. You know you don't NEED reservations, unless you have a very large party....you can just show up and be seated.

So what's the story with MTD reservations? In the past, I could always pick the times I wanted by simply going online before the cruise.

Now, all I get is a message that this will have to be done onboard the ship. Well, our cruise is in November and I'm going to guess that the most popular times will already be booked.

Is this something new or am I missing something?

Hard to say anymore if it's a new policy, or a new mode of website malfunction. I'd call them and see what story you get on the phone.

My suggestion would be to call and get someone on the phone, either from Cruise Planner or C & A. My MIL did this last week for several hours to plan everything for our party of 10. She had to call a few times to get it all straight since somehow they can't manage to handle a party of 10 people, with 5 different reservation numbers....(with all the information right in front of them..) :eek:

Pack your patience when you call...

If you try to make a MTD reservation for 6 people every day, it won't work and will give you an error message. The system can only accommodate 32 bookings at once. If try to just book for 4 days and then go back to do the other 3 days, it won't work either, because if you try to do just four, it won't finish and will ask you to fill out the other three. And you do need reservations if you are looking for a specific time. The first time we used MTD for just the two of us, we went to the dining room every day and got lousy dinner times, because all the good times were already booked. This happened on our Greece Cruise and Caribbean cruise. So don't think you can just walk up to the podium expecting to walk right in. MTD is becoming very popular and they only use one floor for it.

I spent a few hours selecting MTD times to work with shows,sail-aways and such and saved it all...went back the next day and it was ALL GONE....:eek:

So now we will just SHOW UP!!!!!!

How do you know when the shows are? We have cruised quite a bit and it seems like they change a lot.

We had 6 in our party scheduled for MTD on Freedom last week. At the last minute, my mother decided to join us on the cruise. Adding her to MTD with us was not easy. In fact, it removed our whole reservation. On the first day, we stopped by the MTD Room (Galileo) and spoke with one of the MTD staff. She told us what had happened in the computer and then assured us that she would take care of it.

And she certainly did. She got us a wonderful table for 8 near the window and with the same wait staff every night. We originally planned for 7:30 - and she told us it might be difficult to guarantee that the party before us would be finished. None the less - it worked perfectly every night and she even called us one night to let us know that the party seated there before us had not dined there that evening and that we could come early if we chose. She was wonderful to us and we made sure to give her a WOW card.