!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Hello Gambee!!! I'm finally caught up. As usual, you are doing a great job. I'm enjoying all of your photos, but especially sailing away from Miami, the sunsets and your day in St. Maarten. :) Isn't that a pretty place? I love your use of the illustration mode, too.

I'm not sure I'd ever sail MSC or Divina, but she certainly is an attractive ship. I hope your mom is doing fine; I can only imagine how scary that fall was.

Also, thanks for the picture you took of Carnival Freedom leaving FLL on July 13. I was on the ship then, and it's special to see your perspective of us leaving! :D :cool: (I can't remember where on your site I saw it, but thanks).

Heather

My mom noticed that there were some events on the pool decks, so we headed upstairs to see what was going on. My uncle and I were coming down from all the alcohol we had consumed on St. Maarten.

This is on our way up,

MSCDivinaDay4-421_zps899b967c.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-422_zps020a7cee.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-423_zpsbb3d8e86.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-424_zps5ec5a85a.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-425_zps2a2e2e7c.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-426_zps32f9d6a2.jpg

Hello Gambee!!! I'm finally caught up. As usual, you are doing a great job. I'm enjoying all of your photos, but especially sailing away from Miami, the sunsets and your day in St. Maarten. :) Isn't that a pretty place? I love your use of the illustration mode, too.

I'm not sure I'd ever sail MSC or Divina, but she certainly is an attractive ship. I hope your mom is doing fine; I can only imagine how scary that fall was.

Also, thanks for the picture you took of Carnival Freedom leaving FLL on July 13. I was on the ship then, and it's special to see your perspective of us leaving! :D :cool: (I can't remember where on your site I saw it, but thanks).

Heather

Hello Heather, It is nice to see you here :). Glad to see that you're liking the review. There is more to come, thank you for sticking around :)

Edited by gambee

The main event was actually Salsa dancing classes. They had a lot of people engaged there.

Here is a short video.

MSCDivinaDay4-440_zpsbe1d459d.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-441_zpsbf4942eb.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-442_zpsc6c48b75.jpg

There's my family dancing :D, I haven’t seen my mom dance in a long time!

MSCDivinaDay4-443_zps614b20af.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-444_zps70aede18.jpg

Then we went for a little while to listen to our favorite singers on the ship. By now they knew us quite well.

Here is a short video of them singing, and me horribly singing as well. I have been told that I have one of those singing voices that only a mother could love :D

She even waved to us =)

MSCDivinaDay4-451_zps9ea084be.jpg

We stayed there until it was dinner and then headed towards the MDR, we all agreed to head there that day.

On the way there.

MSCDivinaDay4-452_zpsdbdf044c.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-453_zps9ca2fd8e.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-456_zps93c50a94.jpg

They had a nice crowd that night. I am not sure that I like how open this upscale restaurant is. You're basically on display during your entire dinner. That is a high traffic area.

MSCDivinaDay4-457_zpsefc8abbb.jpg

Edited by gambee

MSCDivinaDay4-458_zpsb3f2e20b.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-459_zps145d0df1.jpg

Service that day was the fastest out of the entire cruise, since we sat until we left, it was 1:45, still way too long for us. There should be some sort of option for passengers who dislike the European style dinner. Personally, I think MSC should dedicate one MDR to my time dinning.

MSCDivinaDay4-460_zps2a6560f5.jpg

The menu for that night.

MSCDivinaDay4-461_zps1391fb22.jpg

MSCDivinaDay4-462_zps16ec91d5.jpg

The seafood Gumbo was delicious!

MSCDivinaDay4-464_zpse5de7d58.jpg

Smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail was great. I think this was the first time that I ate smoked salmon on that cruise :-/

MSCDivinaDay4-465_zps46d128b2.jpg

My aunt said the spring rolls were really tasty as well.

MSCDivinaDay4-466_zps49b1cdd8.jpg

I also got the miso soup, it was nice. I rarely get soup, but do enjoy a miso soup here and there.

MSCDivinaDay4-467_zps12dd10d7.jpg

My aunt got the Steak, she loved it!

MSCDivinaDay4-468_zps5f3c5a32.jpg

Mom got salmon, it was just ok. Fish is not one of MSC's strong assests.

MSCDivinaDay4-470_zps379cc348.jpg

The name of the restaurant is Enoch's Place. I never spoke to the ones who went there, but I will tell you one thing. When we walked pass by the restaurant I knew we had made the wrong choice. The smell coming from the restaurant was ABSOLUTELY FABOULOUS!!!!! Like I said, I was outnumbered on this stop.

Here is a picture of the restaurant.

MSCDivinaDay4-192_zps13fb6bc4.jpg

We did this tour last year, and we also had Mailman as our guide. When we went to Iguana's farms it was being renovated they had snakes and monkeys and a lot of iguanas all sizes.

We also ate at Enoch's Place and yes you missed out on really good meal. My BF is picky when it comes to good West Indies food, being he's from the W.I, and he really enjoyed his food we will definitely eat there again when we go back. The prices were reasonable for the meals.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Forums mobile app

I got shrimp and risotto. It was just ok, and rather small.

MSCDivinaDay4-471_zps34d002da.jpg

And my uncle ordered the wrong thing, he thought it was seafood. This was very basic and plain. I felt bad for him so I gave him half of mine. He loved mine.

MSCDivinaDay4-469_zps33e46350.jpg

By the way, the portions in the MDR are rather small. And this is coming from me, those who know me, know how little I tend to eat.

MSCDivinaDay4-472_zps0e464562.jpg

For dessert I got the torts Caprese. It was delicious!

MSCDivinaDay4-473_zps482e95d8.jpg

Aunt’s rice pudding, great!

MSCDivinaDay4-474_zpscff7f861.jpg

My uncle screwed up again and ordered gelato of some weird flavor that I have never heard of. Again, he ate most of my dessert, since his was pretty bad.

MSCDivinaDay4-476_zpsa656039d.jpg

Mom got the Creme brûlée. I am not entirely sure why, it really did not look appetizing. Maybe she was hoping it would be better?

MSCDivinaDay4-475_zps466489f2.jpg

And what is a Gambee dinner without messing up my white pants :p :D

MSCDivinaDay4-477_zps13939617.jpg

And that was about it for that day, I don’t seem to have much more pictures. I think I was pretty tired and headed towards to room. We had a great time that day, I can’t wait to go back to St. Maarten! Who knows, I might be there again before I know it.

Day 4, End.

We did this tour last year, and we also had Mailman as our guide. When we went to Iguana's farms it was being renovated they had snakes and monkeys and a lot of iguanas all sizes.

We also ate at Enoch's Place and yes you missed out on really good meal. My BF is picky when it comes to good West Indies food, being he's from the W.I, and he really enjoyed his food we will definitely eat there again when we go back. The prices were reasonable for the meals.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Forums mobile app

I knew it... Maybe next time we will try it out :)

I thought so too :)

You reminded us of our Divina/St Martin stop at Maho, we got blown down the beach from the KLM 747!:D

Great going Gambee keep it up!

No cruise is perfect, and yes there are some who won't like the Divina just like there are negative reviews for every ship, but we agree with you Gambee, the Divina isn't perfect, can improve, but its a great bang for your buck!:eek:

Don't forget to join the MSC loyalty club!:)

Gambee, how do you compare the Breakaway with the Divina?

We cruised the Getaway recently, the sister of the Breakaway, and thought the Divina had better food in the Buffet, and in the MDR, and both ships specialty restaurants quality was about the same, but we thought the Getaway's specialty restaurants had better decor! We also thought the Divina was the cleaner, and prettier ship! The Divina also was the best in the quality of drinks, and the pricing of drinks!

How do you feel?

Edited by American Bear

hi gambee,

I just found this review. excellent as always.:D

Thank you for joining :)

You reminded us of our Divina/St Martin stop at Maho, we got blown down the beach from the KLM 747!:D

No cruise is perfect, and yes there are some who won't like the Divina just like there are negative reviews for every ship, but we agree with you Gambee, the Divina isn't perfect, can improve, but its a great bang for your buck!:eek:

I wish we would of had larger planes land and take off, but overall it was a lot of fun. I am happy you're enjoying the review. I have already joined their loyalty club, but I am not sure when will be the next time that I sail with them.

I see that you've never mentioned ordering another entree or appetizer. If you get something that you don't like (or want more of), why not just order something else? I routinely order multiple appetizers and may even order multiple entrees if the mood strikes me. I have seen others complain about the portion sizes-just order two of them! :) I know that I'll be ordering at least 2 of the escargot!!!

Gambee, how do you compare the Breakaway with the Divina?

We cruised the Getaway recently, the sister of the Breakaway, and thought the Divina had better food in the Buffet, and in the MDR, and both ships specialty restaurants quality was about the same, but we thought the Getaway's specialty restaurants had better decor! We also thought the Divina was the cleaner, and prettier ship! The Divina also was the best in the quality of drinks, and the pricing of drinks!

How do you feel?

Breakaway is ahead in entertainment, and activities. I think Divina stands her ground in decor and open areas. I will rate them fully and compare them at the end of the review. So I think I rather wait to finish the review and make a final opinion. As I write the review I find out a lot of things that i missed before. So it is not fair to judge Divina just yet.

I see that you've never mentioned ordering another entree or appetizer. If you get something that you don't like (or want more of), why not just order something else? I routinely order multiple appetizers and may even order multiple entrees if the mood strikes me. I have seen others complain about the portion sizes-just order two of them! :) I know that I'll be ordering at least 2 of the escargot!!!

Mainly because we were petrified of another hour wait for that to come out, and delaying the entire dinner even more. Well, not petrified, but yeah. We just did not feel like waiting more than necessary. It was already long enough as it was.

Mainly because we were petrified of another hour wait for that to come out, and delaying the entire dinner even more. Well, not petrified, but yeah. We just did not feel like waiting more than necessary. It was already long enough as it was.

I usually order the multiple apps and entrees at the beginning of the meal so that they all come out at the same time. :P

I usually order the multiple apps and entrees at the beginning of the meal so that they all come out at the same time. :P

We also did that on the MSC Fantasia, and the dinner was never delayed for that reason. Actually we had a very efficient waiter, even if not the friendliest, and were always done in about 75 minutes, ideal for us.

Hey Gambee, loving your review, as usual. I am so glad to see how excited you were at Maho. Sometimes, I think I'm the only airplane nerd. The first time I went there was also on a Bernard's tour with tons of ships in port, and we had fun but it was crowded and we didn't see too many planes. The second time was just in May of this year and I planned that day out like a General preparing for battle. Needless to say, we were the First people on Maho which is saying something since we were coming from the Oasis. I love that beach so much. We are going back over Thanksgiving and staying at the hotel on the opposite side from the Sunset bar. Cannot wait. The beach isn't always that small. It was perfect in May. Keep up the excellent work!!!

Edited by NeuroQueen