!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

The entry fee is good for the two forts for that full day. Not bad, I think this is the cheapest whore excursion I have ever done.

Oh, my! That is a good price. I think I'll have to limit my husband to just a couple dollars of walking around money when we visit there in November. ;)

Seriously, everyone in the coffee shop looked my way when I burst out laughing reading this. So glad I wasn't sipping my latte!

Trish

Still enjoyng the review and pictures.

One thing. Why doesn`t anyone want to share a table? We have had a boat load of fun sharing. While in Europe we shared a huge table with another couple from England. And 7 church ladies also from England. Could not wait for dinner time to hear what everyone had done that day. One of the big reason we love traditional dining.

John

Last cruise had a horrible table mate. There were 8 of us at the table, four groups of 2. This one guy was rude to the dining room staff, made some sexist remarks to me, and just an overall miserable soul. Everything that came out of his mouth was negative. My mom and I actually went to the buffet one night just to avoid having dinner with him and his wife alone (knew in advance that the other 2 couples were not going to the MDR that night!)

Luckily I had the drink package and was lit most of the dinners.

We haven`t always had the best people at the table. One cruise most of the table was pretty blah. And we wound up spending two extra days with them because of a hurricane in Miami.We enjoyed the food and left the table without after dinner coffee. Didn`t stop us from taking whatever table assigned to us. Quite a few people we still keep in contact with. One couple from our first cruise 13 years ago. Sorry your experience wasn`t as happy.

John

The entry fee is good for the two forts for that full day. Not bad, I think this is the cheapest whore excursion I have ever done.

I know you are single now Gambee but REALLY!! ;)

P.S. Don't be cheap when it comes to whores! HAHA

Seriously though, still loving the review. I have been to PR on a land-based trip and it is a gorgeous island. If you ever go back consider flying there and spending a few days. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton San Juan in the Isla Verde district and it was a lovely experience with a nice beach and beautiful pool. El Yunque rainforest is pretty cool as well and it's the only rainforest in the United States. :D

As I understand it, the sand on the beach comes/goes depending on the seasons and the currents. At some times during the year it is a much nicer beach. :)

Thanks for the updates. I'm going on Western Carib w/Divina but it's still fun to see what you did on your Eastern Carib cruise! Thanks Gambee!

Absolutely. We were just there in May and it was nothing but sand there.

P5200017-S.jpg

P5200044-S.jpg

Sorry, only attaching small pictures because I don't want to take away from Gambees post/thread.

Before this time in May, we were there in Sept 2010 and it was all rocks as well...like Gambees.

:)

So here is one of the few videos I took on this cruise. You have to watch it!!!! If you don't see it, you're not my friend! No, just kidding. But for real, you have to see it!

Jetlinner taking off!!!

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!! LIKE THE MAILMAN SAYS, YOU GET A FREE FACIAL!!! THIS IS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!

This was the highlight of my vacation!

YOU ARE TOTALLY CRACKING ME UP!!! Was that you screaming at the fence Gambee? Come on now, you can admit to it. hehe

I can't believe you actually hung on for it. That crap hurts!!!! Well, I guess it's a good thing that you wasn't back by the sand, now THAT REALLY hurts!!! :D

You just HAVE to go back...if not just to see THIS plane come and go. It's the BIG BOY.

P5200001-M.jpg

^^^^VIDEO^^^^

Edited by mitsugirly

Hi Gambee! So excited to be reading another cruise review...love love loving the review and all the pictures! Thank you again for posting your reviews. They truly help many people. A colleague of mine decided to book a RCL cruise and it's her first time cruising. I have never been on RCL so of course I sent her to your website to read your review to get a great idea of what cruising is all about.

My heart was in my throat watching your Maho beach video. We went to Maho on our last cruise and spent about 3 hours there. It was the highlight of our trip. Took a gazillion pictures and a video of the Air France big one! (or so I thought). Got home and my husband realized he must've forgot to hit record. OMG. I was rubbing it in that Gambee went to Maho and got video so I'll have to watch that. Thankfully we are headed back in February on Celebrity eclipse..I will be asking him every 10 seconds if the video is recording :roll eyes:

Love to hear about the new camera you got. I've learned a lot about photography from you and the other people who post on your reviews. We love our Sony Nex 3N and I just bought the new olympus tough tg-3. It has absolutely amazing features and I can't wait to get on the cruise and see awesome results!

So glad mom is okay and absolutely loving your family. Your uncle is a riot and love that he is getting the most out of his cruising experience.

Can't wait to read the rest of your review and please keep on cruising and reviewing, it's so appreciated ;)

Rhonda

Gambee - still enjoying your review. It is fun to look forward to the updates every day. Thanks for taking us along with you - you are really doing a service to the cruising community.

I could say lots of wonderful things about your review, but the highlight of this one is: that ship is just gorgeous on the interior!

Thank you :). I also noticed your post on the Breeze thread, just have not had time to respond. I hope you have a great cruise! The ship is a blast, make sure you eat a bunch of tacos, they are to die for!

Great review so far Gambee.

You mentioned panorama issues with your camera. I shoot a NEX-3N, I find when doing panoramas with large landscapes I need to pan fairly quickly or else it fails. When I get to the "end" of the panorama I need to keep the camera still for several shots before it realizes I'm done.

Yeah, the NEX-Alpha line is not the best for Panoramas. I think I am done trying to get them. Either way it is not like I need them much. I think the results of the fisheye lens are much better.

I think on day 6 I took a lot of fisheye pictures :)

Hi Gambee,

On page 34 now. (had to work so ...bah.) First of all, love Orient Bay. Beautiful beach and lovely lounges.

Maho Bay - OH MY GOSH. It is my favorite place to go but I do remember more beach from about 9 years ago. Can't believe how much is gone. I'm petite - 4'11" so I've been thrown into the ocean, almost flew off the fence, got sand in places that NO one wants. Basically, it's my version of heaven!!

Thirdly, I would love, LOVE to cruise with you and your family. They sound like a ball of fun! Glad you're mom was ok - that is no fun. I have shoes that slide on almost nothing. I'm a flip flop person so I wear them almost all the time.

Anyway - loved all the pictures but especially the video and pics from Maho.

Thanks! Mary

Hello Mary, thank you for your post. Glad you're enjoying the review, that is why I do them after all :)

I do have one question for you, do you mind telling me the brand of the shoes that do not slip. Possibly post a picture? This was my mom's request. I am not sure why she didn't post herself :confused:

Thank you.

Gambee, I absolutely love the last nativity you found for your Mom. Would love one like that. If you go back to San Juan the rain forest is amazing. Still enjoying your review.

Yeah, that one was my favorite one, it was only $13 too. I keep hearing that about the rain forest, no question about it. That is were we will be heading next time.

Still enjoyng the review and pictures.

One thing. Why doesn`t anyone want to share a table? We have had a boat load of fun sharing. While in Europe we shared a huge table with another couple from England. And 7 church ladies also from England. Could not wait for dinner time to hear what everyone had done that day. One of the big reason we love traditional dining.

John

Hello John. For us? Well, not sure, we just prefer eating by ourself. We talk a lot in spanish and we like to fast. That is not the case for many other people, who like to make an event of dining out. It's all personal taste I guess.

On my Breeze cruise I did dinned with a large group several times and had a blast each time.

Another great gambee review!

We were planning a trip on the Divina but had to cancel. It was your review that made us decide the Breeze would be the cruise we would take instead of the Divina. Great pictures of the ship as usual. Think our little ones will have a better time on Breeze. Sure would like to do the YC though.

You probably made the right decision, the Breeze is much better for children. The rope course, mini golf, water slides, water park. Just a lot more to do. Have a great cruise!

Oh, my! That is a good price. I think I'll have to limit my husband to just a couple dollars of walking around money when we visit there in November. ;)

Seriously, everyone in the coffee shop looked my way when I burst out laughing reading this. So glad I wasn't sipping my latte!

Trish

Lol, I know Trish. I never noticed until I was told. Then I was cracking up :D

Make sure your husband does not find out! :D

Last cruise had a horrible table mate. There were 8 of us at the table, four groups of 2. This one guy was rude to the dining room staff, made some sexist remarks to me, and just an overall miserable soul. Everything that came out of his mouth was negative. My mom and I actually went to the buffet one night just to avoid having dinner with him and his wife alone (knew in advance that the other 2 couples were not going to the MDR that night!)

Luckily I had the drink package and was lit most of the dinners.

That sounds like a situation no one would want to be in. I liked your solution to it though :D

I know you are single now Gambee but REALLY!! ;-)

P.S. Don't be cheap when it comes to whores! HAHA

Seriously though, still loving the review. I have been to PR on a land-based trip and it is a gorgeous island. If you ever go back consider flying there and spending a few days. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton San Juan in the Isla Verde district and it was a lovely experience with a nice beach and beautiful pool. El Yunque rainforest is pretty cool as well and it's the only rainforest in the United States.

:eek::rolleyes::D

I am not sure we could afford the Ritz there ;) :D, but I am sure we will go again at some point on a cruise. I will make sure to hit the rain forest.

Edited by gambee

Oh sitting here on lunch, waiting with anticipation for your next set of pictures and reviews. We are 10 working days away till we are on the Divina :D

Again many thanks for this, I only wish you did both routes I would have loved to have your insight for the western route.

Absolutely. We were just there in May and it was nothing but sand there.

P5200017-S.jpg

P5200044-S.jpg

Sorry, only attaching small pictures because I don't want to take away from Gambees post/thread.

Before this time in May, we were there in Sept 2010 and it was all rocks as well...like Gambees.

YOU ARE TOTALLY CRACKING ME UP!!! Was that you screaming at the fence Gambee? Come on now, you can admit to it. hehe

I can't believe you actually hung on for it. That crap hurts!!!! Well, I guess it's a good thing that you wasn't back by the sand, now THAT REALLY hurts!!! :D

You just HAVE to go back...if not just to see THIS plane come and go. It's the BIG BOY.

P5200001-M.jpg

^^^^VIDEO^^^^

Great Video! Thanks for sharing =)

Yup, that was me yelling my lungs out :D

We have to go back there, it was so much fun!

Hi Gambee! So excited to be reading another cruise review...love love loving the review and all the pictures! Thank you again for posting your reviews. They truly help many people. A colleague of mine decided to book a RCL cruise and it's her first time cruising. I have never been on RCL so of course I sent her to your website to read your review to get a great idea of what cruising is all about.

My heart was in my throat watching your Maho beach video. We went to Maho on our last cruise and spent about 3 hours there. It was the highlight of our trip. Took a gazillion pictures and a video of the Air France big one! (or so I thought). Got home and my husband realized he must've forgot to hit record. OMG. I was rubbing it in that Gambee went to Maho and got video so I'll have to watch that. Thankfully we are headed back in February on Celebrity eclipse..I will be asking him every 10 seconds if the video is recording :roll eyes:

Love to hear about the new camera you got. I've learned a lot about photography from you and the other people who post on your reviews. We love our Sony Nex 3N and I just bought the new olympus tough tg-3. It has absolutely amazing features and I can't wait to get on the cruise and see awesome results!

So glad mom is okay and absolutely loving your family. Your uncle is a riot and love that he is getting the most out of his cruising experience.

Can't wait to read the rest of your review and please keep on cruising and reviewing, it's so appreciated ;)

Rhonda

Thank you for tuning in Rhonda, glad you're enjoying the review. Thank you for referring your friend to my review, it is very much appreciated.

I have made the recording mistake a few times in the past. That is why now I constantly check that the camera is recording :), don't be too harsh on hubby :D

Oh sitting here on lunch, waiting with anticipation for your next set of pictures and reviews. We are 10 working days away till we are on the Divina :D

Again many thanks for this, I only wish you did both routes I would have loved to have your insight for the western route.

I have done the western route multiple times on other vessels. Check out my breeze, Silhoutte and Allure review, they all did the western route :)