!!! DIVINA !!! Eastern Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Those groupon deals are unbeatable. At that price this cruise is one not to be missed. It is beyond me why people say "Never again". The cruise line is by no means perfect, but for us it was a great cruise!

We say never because while the cost of the cruise might be low, why would you waste your much more valuable PTO on a cruise that you did not enjoy. I am in the never crowd along with the people in cruises with. Price is not in the top 3 things I look at when booking a cruise. I am glad we only dealt with the 2 day cruise.

Great review so far! We are doing this exact cruise in Nov and you have already provided some great new information...Thank you!

I had a question about currency in St. Maarten. One of the pics you included listed the prices in Euro. Do they only accept Euro? Or do they have an option to pay in USD? Are the exchange rates/prices comparable or should we bring some Euro with us? We are planning on booking the same tour with Bernard's...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great review so far! We are doing this exact cruise in Nov and you have already provided some great new information...Thank you!

I had a question about currency in St. Maarten. One of the pics you included listed the prices in Euro. Do they only accept Euro? Or do they have an option to pay in USD? Are the exchange rates/prices comparable or should we bring some Euro with us? We are planning on booking the same tour with Bernard's...

Euro or the American dollar is accepted on the French side of the island. The American dollar or the Guilder is accepted on the Dutch side of the island.

Thanks for the pictures Gambee, that beach looks so nice

Euro or the American dollar is accepted on the French side of the island. The American dollar or the Guilder is accepted on the Dutch side of the island.

That's funny, poor people of Sant Marteen if they accept three currencies on a regular basis, that must be so confusing :confused:

Edited by Elmartellama

Thanks for the pictures Gambee, that beach looks so nice

That's funny, poor people of dutch Sant Marteen they accept three currencies on a regular basis, also the Euros, that must be so confusing :confused:

There's been talk of the Dutch side switching to either the Euro or the American dollar and doing away with the Guilder. Many people will be up in arms if they switch to the Euro!!!

There's been talk of the Dutch side switching to either the Euro or the American dollar and doing away with the Guilder. Many people will be up in arms if they switch to the Euro!!!

I don't know the specifics, but there must be an easiest way of handling things!

Your pictures are amazing! I'm in the process of shopping to replace my very old Canon, and your pictures are making me seriously consider Sony. I know the man behind the camera plays a great role in how the pictures turn out, but they're just so beautiful and clear, even in lower lighting!

Loved the candy and scotch pictures. Those Milka products look delicious.

I can't wait to be in St Maarten! Did you get the opportunity to hang out after your tour? If so, I'll take recommandations of things to see/do close to the port.

I look forwards to the rest; thanks for sharing!

Thank you Gambee, another excellent review from you.

I am very motivated by price of cruises, because honestly I am not flush with funds, and my work does not pay a good wage, but cruises are my vacation of choice. I do like to get a good deal, and for me, MSC Divina offers a decent option. I am also of European heritage, so the food is highly appealing.

Your photos are wonderful, and some day, I do hope to get to sail on this ship.

Thanks again for your review.:)

...., the statues are not really family friendly,

OMG!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *gasp* BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Best comment ever!

Seriously? Better keep your family out of the ancient civilizations and renaissance sections of all museums and art galleries and don't EVER think about traveling to Europe! Your poor delicate sensibilities will be overwhelmed!

Thanks for the laugh today! It was much appreciated!

Keep it coming, Gambee, I am doing the same Bernard's tour in 3 weeks. You said drinks were not included where you rented your chairs, could you have walked down a little to another place that included them or was that the only option where you were dropped off?

Also, what restaurant did the other people go to instead of Serafina's? What did they say about it? I guess it is safe to say your uncle is a bona fide cruiser, now? :D

Loving your day in St. Martin/San Maarten. We did Bernard's in 2012 on Allure and Sexy was our tour guide. He was very funny and very good. Thanks for taking me back to Orient Beach. It is by far the prettiest beach I've ever visited and I really want to go back someday. Maybe next November when we're there on Allure again. I've seen pics of Aruba though, and it may have Orient beat. We are about to book Carnival Breeze for 11/22 this year, so hopefully I'll get to see Aruba and compare to beautiful Orient Beach!

Sorry to interrupt but we've beento Aruba twice and St. Maarten four times, and I personally liked Orient Beach the best. Beautiful crystal clear water and nice sand. We just loved beaching it there for a few hours each time. Maho is very nice too with the jets flying over. In St. Thomas, we loved Magen's Bay the two times we went there. Enjoy them all....none are bad!

Sorry to interrupt but we've beento Aruba twice and St. Maarten four times, and I personally liked Orient Beach the best. Beautiful crystal clear water and nice sand. We just loved beaching it there for a few hours each time. Maho is very nice too with the jets flying over. In St. Thomas, we loved Magen's Bay the two times we went there. Enjoy them all....none are bad!

Sonic,,don't think you'd be enjoying the beach, or lack there of at Maho right now.

<a href=MSCDivina08-23-2014332of829_zps80731194.

OMG!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *gasp* BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Best comment ever!

Seriously? Better keep your family out of the ancient civilizations and renaissance sections of all museums and art galleries and don't EVER think about traveling to Europe! Your poor delicate sensibilities will be overwhelmed!

Thanks for the laugh today! It was much appreciated!

I'll second that, some post are just embarrassing to read.

We say never because while the cost of the cruise might be low, why would you waste your much more valuable PTO on a cruise that you did not enjoy. I am in the never crowd along with the people in cruises with. Price is not in the top 3 things I look at when booking a cruise. I am glad we only dealt with the 2 day cruise.

That's OK, but you must also be considerate to those that cost 'is' part of the top three, and who want the most for their money!

That's why there are high priced cruise lines like Oceania, Azamara, Crystal, Cunard, Paul Gauguin, etc. for those who have no budgets!

Then there's Celebrity, Princess, Disney, etc. for those with big budgets, but are not budget conscious!

And then there's the rest, RCL, NCL, Carnival, MSC, etc., and between these, where there is something for everyone!

So why bother in a forum with negativity unless you get off on it!:)

Edited by American Bear

Great to see another one of your reviews. I find this one interesting as I have never sailed MSC but I have seen a couple of their ships in different ports and wondered what they were like. I had to go back and read through your Breeze review to refresh myself as I will be onboard her this month. :)

Oh by the way, don't let those grammar snobs bother you. Those of us who follow your excellent reviews understand you perfectly! :D

Loving your day in St. Martin/San Maarten. We did Bernard's in 2012 on Allure and Sexy was our tour guide. He was very funny and very good. Thanks for taking me back to Orient Beach. It is by far the prettiest beach I've ever visited and I really want to go back someday. Maybe next November when we're there on Allure again. I've seen pics of Aruba though, and it may have Orient beat. We are about to book Carnival Breeze for 11/22 this year, so hopefully I'll get to see Aruba and compare to beautiful Orient Beach!

I'll try not to break anything on the Breeze while sailing her this month Susan. I wouldn't want you to sail on a broken ship! :D

I'll try not to break anything on the Breeze while sailing her this month Susan. I wouldn't want you to sail on a broken ship! :D
We have GOT to get our schedules worked out so we can sail together again Harold! This one, our friends (who introduced us, and who we cruise with every 10-11 years) are forcing (haha!) us to take over Thanksgiving. If all goes well, we will be booked tomorrow in the stateroom next to theirs, and our partition will open. Give me any tips you've got on Breeze. You've got my email. And you should consider Allure next November with us! :)

Sorry Gambee - I think I've caused some interruptions. We are all obviously still loving your review.

Well the video I saw did show the beach in Aruba very crowded, which I won't be a fan of. I just love Orient so much. I love Maho too, but obviously for different reasons. Where else in the world can you see planes that close to a beach? Haven't done Magen's Bay, but were on that hill Gambee showed in his pictures, looking down over it. We did Sapphire in St. Thomas and it wasn't nearly as spectacular as Orient. Ahhhh time to go back!