Solstice cabin hints please

cruisecriticmember

Any suggestions as to which veranda staterooms are best to book? (not aqua or concierge class). Thanks.

Start with Celebrity's own Website and the basic info on each Stateroom Class & the Ship's Deck Plan

Next check out the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky at the top of this Forum... Tons of great info contained therein

NOTE - all the S-Class Ships ave similar footprints... But cabin numbers can differ from ship to ship. Look for specific cabin numbers for the Solstice, or pull up the various Deck Plans to compare... Cabins in the same physical locations tend to have the same attributes / issues.

Also, on the S-Class Ships the bed locations alternate. Rooms that show a Square on the deck plan have a convertible sofa... Those rooms and the bed is always near the bath, rooms either side, and the bed will be by the balcony

Largest Balconies are found on the angles on and off "the hump" (midship) and "the bump" (aft)... As they are all trapezoids vs rectangular shapes. 1st & 3rd being the largest ones.

Example we were in Solstice 1120 the balcony was huge, and right at the widest midship point of the ship, 1st off the hump... So at the railing we could see both fore & aft (1120 is a C2 cabin, but the location corresponds to other cabin categories on other decks too)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi, 1A cabins have the largest size balconies......they are considered

to be "on the hump"....if you look at the deckplans you will see they

are further out.

You mentioned not wanting AQ or CC class so I won't recommend any

of them.

Check deck 7, 8 and 9 mid ship 1A's.

My personal preference are the ones ON the hump--better views forward and back. Don't particularly like the ones with larger balconies because they make the cabin too dark for me. The 1B's on decks 7 and 8 right at the midship elevators are perfect!

My personal preference are the ones ON the hump--better views forward and back. Don't particularly like the ones with larger balconies because they make the cabin too dark for me. The 1B's on decks 7 and 8 right at the midship elevators are perfect!

Ay reason you did not mention deck 9? Just wondered if for some reason decks 7 and 8 are preferable.

Ay reason you did not mention deck 9? Just wondered if for some reason decks 7 and 8 are preferable.

Oh, no, nothing wrong at all, I just wasn't sure if they were labeled 1B's on Deck 9. Too lazy to dig up the deck plan! But on any floor, that group of midship cabins that stick out the most are the ones we really try to get.

(We were in an FV all the way forward, and the time it took to get back and forth to our cabin drove me nuts. Especially if I just forgot my sunscreen, or drink coupons! After that, I always try to get as close to midship as possible, and those cabins have the best views. I don't like being under the overhang.)

Yes, the hump cabins are fantastic. Even though you mentioned not concierge, we stayed in 1108 once....fabulous cabin. I like the midship rooms the best. For a smaller price, there are hump cabins on deck 6 -- very slight obstruction in 6240 and 6210 -- both of which are hump cabins.

If you are a non-smoker, you may want to stick to the starboard side. There is smoking allowed on deck 5 right below the hump cabins on the port side. I have read from others everything between it didn't bother them to it ruined use of their balcony.

A couple of other tips to note if this is your first time on an S-class ship. The bed by the balcony is a little less cramped feeling than having the bed by the closet (in my opinion). This may not be 100% accurate but the ones that sleep 3 or 4 have the bed by the closet and the ones that sleep 2 have the beds by the balcony. (this doesn't apply for the aqua class rooms, though... all of which only sleep 2)

You may want to take a small box or basket if you like to keep things on your night stand. There is really no room or drawers. I put the phone on the couch and put a small box on top of the night stand for my book, glasses, purell, nighttime meds, etc. Without the box, it always ends up on the floor.

There are flip up doors above the bed with a large shelf making a lot of extra storage space for those things you use often. You will probably find your pool towels here when you first board.

Be sure to check back in to this post and let us know what you decided on....and have fun.

Oh, no, nothing wrong at all, I just wasn't sure if they were labeled 1B's on Deck 9. Too lazy to dig up the deck plan! But on any floor, that group of midship cabins that stick out the most are the ones we really try to get.

(We were in an FV all the way forward, and the time it took to get back and forth to our cabin drove me nuts. Especially if I just forgot my sunscreen, or drink coupons! After that, I always try to get as close to midship as possible, and those cabins have the best views. I don't like being under the overhang.)

We have our first 1B booked on the Reflection for this January! We had a sunset Verandah last year because we love the aft views, but like your FV, it was the LONGEST walk to get anywhere! Looking forward to being midship!