Godmother of Britannia?

DolphinWatcher

We went on Oriana in July this year and the rumor mill was in full flow that an invitation had been set to a very very high person in the royal family. I should imagine that like everybody else we will soon find out if these rumors are true or false.

• 4 months later...

HM, accompanied by Prince Phillip, are to visit Hampshire on March 10th, this is shown on the Royal Diary dates. Britannia's maiden voyage leaves Southampton on 14th March, --- I'm on it !!! The dates may simply be coincidental but a naming ceremony just 4 days before the maiden voyage could be spot on.

Edited by A FLOATING VOTER
further comments

goodness, I would think the Queen would find it very sad to be naming an enormous monster with the name of her favourite and rather beautiful little ship? I went on board the Royal Yacht in Edinburgh. The sitting room with its open fire was just lovely.

HM, accompanied by Prince Phillip, are to visit Hampshire on March 10th, this is shown on the Royal Diary dates. Britannia's maiden voyage leaves Southampton on 14th March, --- I'm on it !!! The dates may simply be coincidental but a naming ceremony just 4 days before the maiden voyage could be spot on.

Hi Floating Voter - we have a maiden cruise roll call that you are welcome to join.

Dear A FLOATING VOTER

Britannia is being Christened on March 10 so your theory would make sense. I looked at the list of the Queen's future engagements but it only goes up to March 6 - where did you find the list, could you send me a link?

Many thanks

Dear A FLOATING VOTER

Britannia is being Christened on March 10 so your theory would make sense. I looked at the list of the Queen's future engagements but it only goes up to March 6 - where did you find the list, could you send me a link?

Many thanks

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx

This allows you to search by member of royal family, when I selected the Queen the last date was 10th March in Hampshire