Queens Grill mini bar

Captiveguru

If the situation has changed since my most recent QG experience - two years ago - I welcome further comments. Two bottles of spirits or wine were offered from a list and the butler said they would be replaced if and when finished. Also, the mixes/pop/beer in the fridge are replaced as required. There have been reports on here that on short voyages only one bottle was offered and no replacement would be provided. But I have taken nothing shorter than an Atlantic crossing on Cunard, so I have no personal knowledge of that.

The butler will leave a short list of the spirits and wine available for the cabin as soon as you arrive. If your brand of choice isn't on the list, as long as it isn't outrageously expensive, just ask for your favourite whisky, brandy, gin or liqueur. The butler will just politely say no if it isn't available so nothing lost by asking. The wine list however is basic and basic it will remain.

Same goes for the beers, lagers mixers and sodas. Just ask for your favourites. All will be replaced as and when.

As for shorter cruises, we took a five day trip a couple of years ago and the fridge/bar set up was just the same. Maybe it's different for even shorter trips.

Thanks for the input. Here are the statements from Cunard's Q&A that caused me to ask the question:

Is there a complimentary mini bar in my stateroom?

"Yes, we only offer a mini-bar in our Queens Grill Suites. Items placed in the mini bar will be dependent on choice your requests can be made with your butler/stateroom steward. Any items consumed will be replenished upon request and charged to your shipboard account."

What is in my mini bar?

"For those in Queens Grill Suites, a complimentary mini bar will be set up with the following items.

If you wish to change any of the items for your preferred choice please ask your stateroom steward / butler.*"

Two 1 litre bottles of Wine or Liquor of choice from the selection below plus 2 small Coke, 2 small Sprite, 2 small Soda, 2 small Tonic & 2 small Diet Coke.

SCOTCH WHISKY

Cutty Sark

Dewar's

J&B

CANADIAN WHISKY

Canadian Club

VODKA

Absolut

Smirnoff

Stolichnaya Cristal

LIQUORS

Bailey's Irish Cream

AMERICAN WHISKY

Jack Daniel's

Jim Bean

GIN

Beefeater

Tanqueray

RUM

Bacardi White

Myers

WINES

House Red Wine

House White Wine

*Substitutions can be made, however may incur a charge and the supply of selected items is subject to availability.

All items are replenished daily except Liquor or Wine which are replenished on request and charged to your shipboard account."

Thus I am confused. If you are planning to charge something to my shipboard account I think it is wrong to use the word "complimentary."

Thanks for the input. Here are the statements from Cunard's Q&A that caused me to ask the question:

*Substitutions can be made, however may incur a charge and the supply of selected items is subject to availability.

All items are replenished daily except Liquor or Wine which are replenished on request and charged to your shipboard account."

Thus I am confused. If you are planning to charge something to my shipboard account I think it is wrong to use the word "complimentary."

It's a standard corporate caveat that will prevent folks from demanding ultra premium brands for no up charge. Hence the verbiage "may incur a charge "…as in "not necessarily".

If you must have Grey Goose vodka or Dom or Billecart Salmon Rose champagne, then they will tell you a) if it is available on board and b)what, if anything, the up charge is, and you can decide if you want to pay it. No one will charge anything to your shipboard account without your express approval.

In our QG fridge were coke products, 2 types of beer & some mixers. I drank some diet cokes and a few beers and was not charged for any of that; They were replaced. I asked for and received a gratis ginger ale stash for occasional seasickness.

We had bourbon & vermouth as our free bottles of "spirits" so my husband could make Manhattans. The butler was even nice enough to procure Angostura Bitters. We weren't charged for any of this and did not finish either bottle completely. I guess we're not big cabin drinkers. This was last year in mid September, so a little less than a year ago.

It's a standard corporate caveat that will prevent folks from demanding ultra premium brands for no up charge. Hence the verbiage "may incur a charge "…as in "not necessarily".

If you must have Grey Goose vodka or Dom or Billecart Salmon Rose champagne, then they will tell you a) if it is available on board and b)what, if anything, the up charge is, and you can decide if you want to pay it. No one will charge anything to your shipboard account without your express approval.

The sentence regarding "substitutions" did not confuse me. The use if the word, "complimentary" in conjunction with these statements needs attention:

"Any items consumed will be replenished upon request and charged to your shipboard account."

"All items are replenished daily except Liquor or Wine which are replenished on request and charged to your shipboard account."

I think the policy is that the non-alcoholic "mixers" will be replenished as necessary without charge and that Cunard will provide 2 liters of alcoholic beverages at no charge. The alcoholic beverages will be replenished upon request and will be charged to your account.