Odd Circumstances in Ft. Lauderdale

Sportsdoc

Ok group don't let me down....

We will be cruising on the Oasis in late June 2015. Leaving out of Everglades. Need hotel for night pre-cruise and post cruise. The issues are that

1. I am traveling with kids ages 11 and 8 and will need kid friendly food choices and pool/beach to accommodate.

2. Our return date is ON July 4th and many hotels are ALREADY booked. I have read there are fireworks on beach that night so would be nice to see but not sure from where they are viewable.

Looking for suggestions that would make both 1 and 2 work. Also with easy access to airport and port. I have read all the previous posts and have not put all this into one package. Also ok spending a little more but not Ritz$. Looking at Hyatt 66, Marriott Harbor Beach, Westin...again anyone with kids who has done this July 4th deal? Also even considered going down to Hollywood as option. Need to book SOON so will be eager to see posts. THANK YOU in advance!

Ok group don't let me down....

We will be cruising on the Oasis in late June 2015. Leaving out of Everglades. Need hotel for night pre-cruise and post cruise. The issues are that

1. I am traveling with kids ages 11 and 8 and will need kid friendly food choices and pool/beach to accommodate.

2. Our return date is ON July 4th and many hotels are ALREADY booked. I have read there are fireworks on beach that night so would be nice to see but not sure from where they are viewable.

Looking for suggestions that would make both 1 and 2 work. Also with easy access to airport and port. I have read all the previous posts and have not put all this into one package. Also ok spending a little more but not Ritz$. Looking at Hyatt 66, Marriott Harbor Beach, Westin...again anyone with kids who has done this July 4th deal? Also even considered going down to Hollywood as option. Need to book SOON so will be eager to see posts. THANK YOU in advance!

Last minute travel has the Westin for $161.22 up to $183 for deluxe oceanview, Sheraton Beach for $140 to $167 for oceanview balcony, W Fort lauderdale for $197 and up, and a few others all on July 4th.

Downside is you will have to pay for the night now but it is refundable.

Courtyard on the beach has a Bubba Gumps right downstairs and is also a half block from Oasis. These are family friendly restaurants. If you stay at Embassy Suites, they have a nice pool, are close to port and beach, and there is family friendly Duffy's a half block away.

Courtyard on the beach has a Bubba Gumps right downstairs and is also a half block from Oasis. These are family friendly restaurants. If you stay at Embassy Suites, they have a nice pool, are close to port and beach, and there is family friendly Duffy's a half block away.

I second the recommendation for Courtyard.