Duplicate Key to Cabin for Adult Children?

GradUT

Our adult children are traveling with us on a cruise at the end of the year. We will be staying in a balcony cabin and they will have an inside cabin across the hall. I would like for them to be able to come use the balcony whenever they want without having to track down one of us down to get a key.

Can they be issued a key as if they were in a hotel and we asked for an extra key?

If not, how have you dealt with a situation like this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Our adult children are traveling with us on a cruise at the end of the year. We will be staying in a balcony cabin and they will have an inside cabin across the hall. I would like for them to be able to come use the balcony whenever they want without having to track down one of us down to get a key.

Can they be issued a key as if they were in a hotel and we asked for an extra key?

If not, how have you dealt with a situation like this?

Yes just go to the passenger services desk.

Yes, we have done this on many occasions, and will on our upcoming Hawaiian cruise (where we also have a balcony and an inside across the hall). We get 2 extra keys per cabin, and that way each person in the family has keys to both rooms.

My folks cruised with us in July, with a minisuite almost directly across the ship from DW and I. Dad and I made a visit to PSD and they happily issued extra "plain blue" keycards for the opposing rooms.

The agent seemed to suggest that we were compromising our security by getting the cards made (though he was happy to do it), but I think if you simply make sure they don't write anything on the card OR you write some sort of code word on them so you can tell which card is for which room.

FYI, we just kept the key to their cabin in our cabin, rather than carrying it. If we needed it, we used our own key to get into our cabin, grabbed that key, and walked across the ship to their cabin. Just a simple thought on how to avoid needing 17 keycards etc.