FTTF problem / question

pj woods

I am traveling with a group of 16. We have 5 rooms booked and all have fttf. With the recent price drops on my cruise it made sense for me to move the 4 children from 1 inside cabin to 2 (2 bathrooms and 2 showers).

Well now after I did all of that I just realized I only have fttf on 1 room. And the problem is there are no more available.

So my question is will Carnival let my 2 boys without fttf to enter with us and use the priority tendering also. I understand there room wouldn't be ready and the luggage wouldn't be at the room but I can't leave teen boys in the terminal while we enter the ship.

I don't have any direct experience with this, but I can't imagine they would want to separate you from minor children.

However, this is from Carnival's FAQs:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

Note: Faster to the Fun package does not grant access to the Priority Check-In Lounge; furthermore, the FTTF guests will proceed on board the ship after those guests in the Priority Check-In Lounge. For guests traveling in separate stateroom, regardless of age of the guests, all staterooms must purchase the FTTF program in order for all of the cabins to board through FTTF priority check-in.

. . . So my question is will Carnival let my 2 boys without fttf to enter with us and use the priority tendering also. I understand there room wouldn't be ready and the luggage wouldn't be at the room but I can't leave teen boys in the terminal while we enter the ship.

The tendering shouldn't become an issue, unless it's already an issue for even those who have the FTTF designation. A few CCL ships have a track record of goobering-up the priority tendering process.

True, their cabin wouldn't necessarily be cleaned and available to enter since they'll not be on the list of those who need that taken care of. Having their luggage expedited would be easy peasy . . . just print extra luggage tags for one of your other FTTF cabins and have it go there temporarily.

Boarding early without the FTTF designation is probably going to be the most likely roadblock, and understandably so.

Have a great cruise!!! :)

but I can't leave teen boys in the terminal while we enter the ship.

If more FTTFs don't open or the port staff won't let them board with You do not have to leave them alone. One of the parents/guardians can wait with them for 'regular' boarding.

I don't see where the problem is.

Since the kids don't have FTTF, it would only make sense that you cancel your FTTF and receive the credit.

I don't see it as a matter of trying to get special dispensation for the kids.

If your on the ship at 11:30 or 1:30,,, the ship still doesn't sail without you.

I had the same problem and they let the kids go with me through priorty boarding becasue they were under my sail and sign account. Anybody attached to your sail and sign account can board with you or at least thats how it was 4 months ago on the Pride leaving Baltimore.

Well thats good to hear. If another fttf opens up of course I will get it to end my wife's worries. 4 days ago all 4 teen boys were covered under 1 fttf now it is such a headache. I should never of got the 2nd room