Weather in october

ccdaniel2707

I have a 7 day cruise booked for October 18 on the Liberty. The port of calls are Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan and Costa Maya. Has anyone been to these islands during this time? I'm just wondering how the weather is......

Edited by ccdaniel2707

How about the Eastern Caribbean for mid October?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the Glory with you on the 18th. We always cruise in Oct and the weather is nice (unless storms) same as the western. We did St Thomas a few years ago on the same week and it was hot. Beach was great.

Just remember that October is still hurricane season and that late in the season the storms have a tendency to travel into the southern Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico and not up the Atlantic coast. This means that even if a storm is not anywhere near your ports of call, the waves and wind from the storm might make tendering into Belize and Cozumel impossible and those ports of call will be missed.

We cruised these islands last year at that time. It was in the mid to high 80's and very humid. It down poured the whole time we were in Costa Maya so our beach day was a wash out and it was very rocky one of the nights. We were on the 9th floor and our balcony was coated with salt from the waves the next morning. It felt like we were riding a rocky boat at Cedar Point....it's a good thing I love that ride:D. Other than that it was pretty sunny and calm.

We cruised, a couple of years ago, the first week of October. We were scheduled to go to Cozumel, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. There ended up being 3 hurricanes/tropical storms in the western Caribbean. So, we did the itinerary in reverse. We went to Ocho Rios and it rained, we went to Grand Cayman and couldn't dock - so they took us to Costa Maya instead and then Cozumel. It was a very rainy week and it was extremely HOT and humid! Costa Maya was so hot and unbearable, we got back on the ship and thought we'd sit by the pool - but it was even too hot for that. My Mother was in the Bahamas, one year, the third week of October and her experience with the heat was similar to ours in Costa Maya. We both said we would never cruise in late Summer or Fall, again. All that being said, my Mom and I are going on the Breeze, together, October 11. So, either we're gluttons for punishment or the fun (on a cruise) definitely out weighs the negatives of some hot weather. BTW, we are doing the southern Caribbean, which I am sure will be very hot, lol.