Passenger Cancelation/ replacement

kbh2

We have a cruise on the Dream booked for March and paid $250.00 per person deposit. One of the people in our party will not be able to go, will Carnival let you replace a passenger with another and use the deposit for the new passenger or are we just out the money for the deposit?

Unless you booked under Early Saver, anyone is cancellable up until final payment. If you need to cancel someone out and substitute someone in, you can contact the people with whom you booked, cancel the person (and their deposit will be refunded to the card on which it was charged) and add a new person (who will pay their deposit).

If you booked Early Saver, there are different rules involved with cancelling ($50 charge and remainder held for a future cruise) or substituting names (which I believe is not allowed).

I did just go online to look and it does give me the option to change info but I wonder if that actually changes the whole booking?

She only changed the pass name, did not report that anything else on the booking had changed. I did try a search but could not find the thread using cancel, change, and other related words.

I was told prior to our Dream cruise that up unitl final payment date you can change the name with no penalty. After final payment it is only a $50 processing fee to change the name of someone in a stateroom.

I think those are only the rules for regular bookings that are not Early Saver. The OP added info that she booked Early Saver. I did a lot of reading before booking with friends because of the possibility that someone might need to be replaced.

Under Early Saver, you're not officially allowed to change a name, and you can't just change it online. The OP will have to call and find out what kind of options they will give her. I would think the deposit would be saved in that person's name for a future cruise and someone else could be substituted into the room, but maybe not at the original rate.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

I just wanted to update that I called Carnival and they let me change the passenger name. I really think it may be who you get when you call because it does state no name changes. Thankfully they did let me and we did not have to pay a cancellation or loose our deposit.

I just wanted to update that I called Carnival and they let me change the passenger name. I really think it may be who you get when you call because it does state no name changes. Thankfully they did let me and we did not have to pay a cancellation or loose our deposit.

Thanks for reporting back.

Thanks for reporting the outcome and glad it worked out for you.:)

Carnival has been very customer friendly lately with changes, cancellations, etc.

Let's hope it keeps up.:)

Bill

Wow... that is great news

Thank you for letting us all know the outcome.