CPAP Machine and an Ocean Suite

BenjiRodney

How long is the cord for yours?

I brought a 20 ft for the balcony room, and it was long enough to run along the wall, down the drawers, across the floor, and then behind the couch. I brought a cord cover and taped it down so that I wouldn't have to finagle the cord every day.

And from what I've seen and experienced, the distilled water isn't necessary since the ships water is pretty close. I have done 6 nights the past 3 years in a row, never rinsing my chamber out and I had zero residue from the room water.

contact special services at carnival and tell them you have a cpap machine tell them you need an extension cord and distilled water and they will make sure its in your room when you get there.

When we sailed on the Conquest last year, we had to purchase a gallon of distiller water from Carnival. I don't remember the exact price but it was a more than $3.00! We brought our own small bottle this last time we cruised.

We had no idea that you could contact them ahead of time and make arrangements. Good to know.

I have had an OS only on Spirit class ships. (Legend and Pride). On both I was able to use my 12' extension cord to run from the desk to my CPAP. I made sure I was on the side of the bed closest to the desk.

One hint for anyone using a CPAP and an extension cord. Get an extra bath towel and lay it over the cord. This gives you less of a chance of tripping over the cord. It actually works better in a regular cabin.

I always pre-order water. It's about $3/gallon and is more than enough for a seven day cruise. Depending on how you have your machine set, it would probably last for fourteen days. While ships water is quite pure, it still picks up "stuff" from the pipes and I'd prefer to inhale distilled water. I'll drink the ships water but breathing it is a little different.

Take care,

Mike

I bring my own extension cord. If I need to I put the luggage pad that sits on your bed when you first arrive in your cabin over the cord on the floor. I don’t want to carry around a big bottle of water so I purchase the water from room service the first night on the ship.

Edited by near the beach

I purchased an adapter that goes from European receptacle plug to our type and unplug the lamp next to the bed and plug my Cpap into that. My Cpap is more important than any lamp. I always bring an extension cord and multiple adapters to allow for almost all conditions. So, far, no problems on CC or NCL. Cruising the Glory Saturday in an Ocean Suite. I can update next week.

I purchased an adapter that goes from European receptacle plug to our type and unplug the lamp next to the bed and plug my Cpap into that. My Cpap is more important than any lamp. I always bring an extension cord and multiple adapters to allow for almost all conditions. So, far, no problems on CC or NCL. Cruising the Glory Saturday in an Ocean Suite. I can update next week.

Thank you, would like to know. Roger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly what I do. Almost every CPAP machine is dual voltage. Buy a prong converter (these cost only a few bucks, no need for a pricey voltage converter) and you are golden. You can normally use them for stuff like laptops as well.

And I'm right with you on keeping extra supplies. I have a cheap 8' indoor extension cord, a 3 way outlet splitter, and my aforementioned prong converter in my CPAP travel bag.

I plug mine into a plug in the vanity room and run the cord along the wall so it is never a tripping hazard. I also forgot an extension cord once and my room steward got me one in a matter of minutes. Not something you should rely on but the room stewards assigned to the suites are usually there from receiving excellent guest reviews and are probably better prepared for these types of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be booking the Pride for the March 2016 14 day Eastern Caribbean sailing. I have only been on 1 cruise & have 3 booked on Royal Caribbean. Am I correct in thinking we have to pay for distilled water for our CPAP machines (2) even when we notify customer service in advance?

where do you get these and what type will work with the ship?? that sounds like a great idea! we are both on CPAPs and I am on oxygen at night--I will be taking a portable consentrator for that.

My Mom uses a CPAP and travels with an extension cord in her CPAP bag. She always books an Ocean View cabin and has no issues with plugging machine into outlet on desk and running cord to the bed closest to the desk. If there are 3 in the cabin, she sleeps on the "sofa" bed and uses the table for the machine. We just cruised this past July with no issues. Also, doesn't bother with distilled water for a 7 day cruise. No need. I would say she's been on 3 cruises with the machine and it works just fine. You could pack an extra extension cord as back up if your concerned. Have a great cruise. :D