Good Restaurants in Bayside Marketplace/Non-Chain

sunflower47

Staying over for one night pre-cruise and looking for some place to have dinner that isn't a chain restaurant. We will be going to the Bayside Marketplace but there is an awful lot of places to choose from.

We basically like everything and would like something with that is indoor/outdoor since we are in Miami on the water.

Any suggestions on which place might be a good choice? Seafood is good, wouldn't mind trying some Cuban food. Not too expensive would be nice too.

Edited by sunflower47

Staying over for one night pre-cruise and looking for some place to have dinner that isn't a chain restaurant. We will be going to the Bayside Marketplace but there is an awful lot of places to choose from.

We basically like everything and would like something with that is indoor/outdoor since we are in Miami on the water.

Any suggestions on which place might be a good choice? Seafood is good, wouldn't mind trying some Cuban food. Not too expensive would be nice too.

What is wrong with a chain restaurant? Because rents are so high in Bayside, I would imagine all are chain restaurants. Chains provide many jobs and pump money back into our local economy.

Garcias is close by, is on the water, and is seafood and privately owned.

Edited by BlueHerons

I've had dinner a couple of times at Lombardi's and it's been pretty good. The service can be a little slow but the food is good and they provide both indoor and outdoor seating.

There are some better restaurants in the area but they are outsde of Bayside and a little pricier.

What is wrong with a chain restaurant? Because rents are so high in Bayside, I would imagine all are chain restaurants. Chains provide many jobs and pump money back into our local economy.

Garcias is close by, is on the water, and is seafood and privately owned.

Nothing wrong with chain restaurants, we eat at them all the time. I just don't want to go to a Hard Rock, Chili's or Bubba Gump while I am in Miami. We have done all of them before.

I would rather try something different. If it's a local chain, that would be okay since we have never tried it. I'm sorry if I came across disliking chain restaurants. I didn't mean to sound like that.

I will check Garcia's out.

Thank you.

Edited by sunflower47

Garcia's is definitely a favorite. It's about a 5 minute taxi ride from the Bayside area. The seafood is locally caught and served fresh at reasonable prices. Nice views of the Miami River. For a bit more of an upscale experience, check out Sea Salt & Pepper, two doors down from Garcia's.

I really don't find the restaurants at Bayside interesting except for one. If you like meat and Nicaraguan food, try Los Ranchos and order the churrasco, it is divine! That is their specialty. Nice restaurant with marina views. Lombardi's is just okay Italian food, nothing special.

Bongos Cuban Cafe is across the street from Bayside at the American Airlines Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Garcia's is definitely a favorite. It's about a 5 minute taxi ride from the Bayside area. The seafood is locally caught and served fresh at reasonable prices. Nice views of the Miami River. For a bit more of an upscale experience, check out Sea Salt & Pepper, two doors down from Garcia's.

I really don't find the restaurants at Bayside interesting except for one. If you like meat and Nicaraguan food, try Los Ranchos and order the churrasco, it is divine! That is their specialty. Nice restaurant with marina views. Lombardi's is just okay Italian food, nothing special.

Bongos Cuban Cafe is across the street from Bayside at the American Airlines Arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bongos Cuban Cafe is closed!!

If you like meat and Nicaraguan food, try Los Ranchos and order the churrasco, it is divine!

I'll give a positive nod to this one ... Los R' IS a local with several locations & they are many steps above Chili's or Bubba's!

churrasco is a popular dish in latin rest's and actually is a method of preparation rather than a dish. What you'll commonly see is a skirt steak prepared in this way. I like it a lot, very good with black beans and rice and usually comes with Chimichurri on the side (an Argentinean sauce or condiment, similar to pesto, that is popular throughout South America.)

At LR this is "stepped up"

Churrasco Los Ranchos

12 Oz. Juicy and Falvorful (sic) Center Cut Charbroiled Tenderloin Steak $21.50

or

Churrasco Presidente

12 Oz. Premium Tenderloin Center Cut with a melt in your Mouth Quality and Buttry Texture that has earned its name. Marinated with our World Famous Chimichurri Sauce, it simply melts in your mouth! $38.95

http://www.beststeakinmiami.com/menu/bayside-dinner

At Bayside, I usually eat/at the 'Latin American Cafe' which is ANYTHING but fancy but serves home style Cuban dishes. Not the best Cuban in Miami but not bad . . . {when I worked in the port and found myself at Bayside, usually for lunch}

Edited by Capt_BJ

OMG Bongos closed?? When?

Maybe a month or so ago.

They are keeping the stands they have inside the Arena and the Estefans announced that they were opening Estefans Kitchen over by the Arsht Center. I don't think that's going to open for a couple of years.