Train station for NJ cruise port

familyof8

We take Amtrak and go to Newark and stay overnight there at the Hilton and use a car service the next morning. It's usually quicker to get to Cape Liberty from Newark than from NYC. We sometimes go to NYC on our return by car service and it's a longer ride than the ride from Newark to CL.

You can also go to the east coast departure board here on CC and there is tons of info on Cape Liberty including an entire 411 thread.

Edited by BND

I would 2nd the Newark Penn Station....then a cab or car service from there to the port...hotels nearby if you like.

Just don't trust going out at night though...unless you know what you are doing and where you are going....not the place for the uneducated tourist..

We take the train in for basket ball games, and then there is a heavy police presence for those walking from the station to the arena.

Please come to the East Coast Board with this question and provide more details about your plans - exact dates, number of people, whether you're coming in a day ahead, etc etc. Are you aware there is cruise bus service from NH to Cape Liberty?

Please come to the East Coast Board with this question and provide more details about your plans - exact dates, number of people, whether you're coming in a day ahead, etc etc. Are you aware there is cruise bus service from NH to Cape Liberty?

I would live more Info i. The bus service if available. We will be traveling the same day. Trip is not until July. It will just be my husband and I. Thanks!

Sara

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We came into New Jersey the day prior to our Explorer cruise, detrained at the Newark Airport Amtrak Station, and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth.

Shuttle vans picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. We had to take the sky-train to the shuttle van area. The next morning a van took us to the pier for a price. We were a group of 6 adults.

I would live more Info i. The bus service if available. We will be traveling the same day. Trip is not until July. It will just be my husband and I. Thanks!

Sara

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wwww.academybus.com or http://www.enttours.com

The bus is $110 round trip/pp and leaves from Manchester Airport or Salem Park Ride on I93. Parking is free in Salem, but you have to put your car in the long term parking area and register your car inside. I have left my car in Salem with no issues.

Bus will go to Cape Liberty and may stop in Woburn Park Ride and Framingham Park Ride. It leaves around 6 am. Coming back it will leave Cape Liberty around 1o am.