Nursery\In Room Babysitting on RCI

rac033

Hi Everyone! First time cruiser here, we will be traveling with 12 other family members and can't wait! Leaving from Galveston on Navigator of the seas Oct 12. :)

My sister and I each have small kiddos (1.5yr and 2yr), is the in room babysitting normally available to book the first day? Do we know if it is guaranteed? We are interested in seeing some shows but felt that we would need to know for sure if babysitting would be available to us before actually booking shows or specialty restaurants.

Also does anyone have experience with the nursery? Just wondering if anyone had a review? Any tips or insight we could get would be greatly appreciated (for both nursery or in room)! Thanks in advance and happy cruising! :)

~Rach

Not sure what you mean by the babysitting service being "guaranteed", but it is on a first come first served basis as the babysitting personnel are limited on board. The staff are all college graduates with degrees and prior experience in some sort of related child development field and are all well screened prior to being hired.

As I understand it they charge you per child for the babysitting service and I believe allocate two sitters per child watched. Not sure how they would work that if you wanted both children to be watched together in the same stateroom. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

The nursery would be available only during the normal posted hours and would be a group environment based on how many in that age group are on board at the time.

You may also want to post this question on the RCI board for better responses. Here is that link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks! By guaranteed I meant if we booked 6-8p on a night was there a chance we wouldn't get a sitter. I will post the question to the other board, I really appreciate the response! Thanks!

There is that chance as indicated with limited staff if others request ahead of you they may not be available.

Not sure what you mean by the babysitting service being "guaranteed", but it is on a first come first served basis as the babysitting personnel are limited on board. The staff are all college graduates with degrees and prior experience in some sort of related child development field and are all well screened prior to being hired.

As I understand it they charge you per child for the babysitting service and I believe allocate two sitters per child watched. Not sure how they would work that if you wanted both children to be watched together in the same stateroom. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

The nursery would be available only during the normal posted hours and would be a group environment based on how many in that age group are on board at the time.

You may also want to post this question on the RCI board for better responses. Here is that link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

For in-room, it is $19 per hour, and you can have multiple kids - I am not sure if there is a limit or not, but if I know you can have more than one. :).

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

There is that chance as indicated with limited staff if others request ahead of you they may not be available.

True! When you request, they will confirm - once confirmed, I guess you could consider that guaranteed. But, they will not confirm until usually the day of, so if you book your restaurants ahead of cruise, you will not know if you are getting a sitter until that day. But, you may be able to reserve time in nursery on Day 1, which would allow you to plan out dining schedule a bit better.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Never any guarantee. Info from their web page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=2002

Lots of info on the family board here. Just do a search there to pull up previous discussions.

Edited by 6rugrats