Early seating dining over booked?

grandgeezer

thanks for the replys. Now its not the tip that is ridiculous but the fact that you are obliged to pay before the service is rendered, there is no service anywhere in the world that requires that. I think that my first cruise with Celebrity starts on a very wrong foot.

It does seem silly, and frankly, a thinly veiled way to have your money for a longer time. I can understand making the tips mandatory for Select diners, but why not charge them onboard without the option to remove them? That's the part that I've never understood.

It does seem silly, and frankly, a thinly veiled way to have your money for a longer time. I can understand making the tips mandatory for Select diners, but why not charge them onboard without the option to remove them? That's the part that I've never understood.
I'm with you all, I don't understand this.

Celebrity can keep track of which passengers use which server in select dining and divvy up the tips after the cruise, just like they do with fixed dining. If they are worried about the passengers not paying the auto-tips, then wouldn't they be worried about passengers doing it that are in fixed dining as well?

thanks for the replys. Now its not the tip that is ridiculous but the fact that you are obliged to pay before the service is rendered, there is no service anywhere in the world that requires that. I think that my first cruise with Celebrity starts on a very wrong foot.

Without getting too far off topic, there are many, many services that are billed as gratuities included. If you don't want to pre-pay, don't pick Select.

This is my first cruise with Celebrity, on Century. We have requested early dining and appear to be okay going on the on line check in; so far so good. However we want to be on deck for sail away, which is 6.30pm. I'll see the Maître D once on board to advise this change. What is the opinion of those in the know regarding keeping our early dining for the rest of the trip?

From past experience, we notice a lot of people miss the 1st night in the MRD - we have ourselves a couple of times. They keep the seats for a few nights before there're given away - usually the Maitre D will try to phone the missing persons if there is a demand for the seats.

From past experience, we notice a lot of people miss the 1st night in the MRD - we have ourselves a couple of times. They keep the seats for a few nights before there're given away - usually the Maitre D will try to phone the missing persons if there is a demand for the seats.

Thank you BVM49. I don't like putting anyone out but sailing out so Sydney is too good to be inside, unless it is raining...

I also have four cruises with RCL with36 days at sea. Loyalty should mean something.

Loyalty means little except to us. Companies throw trinkets at us and the consumer gets nothing else. That's why I pick cruises one the destination with cruise line being almost last.

I would suggest the later bookings would get bumped.

I'm not mad, just surprised. I would be irate if they changed my dining time. I booked this cruise in January. It should be, if anyone gets bumped, it should be the latest ones to book the cruise. I, with this B2B completed, I will have 15 cruises with Celebrity and 197 days at sea. I also have four cruises with RCL with36 days at sea. Loyalty should mean something.

I agree that it should be the last people who booked who would get involuntarily changed.

Loyalty should have nothing to do with it. Unless they add dining preferences to the published list of perks, there should be no expectation to get what you want due to celebrity club status.

First priority is people who are paying to have Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences. (concierge, aqua, suites).

Second priority is people who booked early, before the seating was filled.

Last priority is those who booked later who should have received the waitlist message.

Edited by meatloafsfan

the computer system should have kept track and waitlisted the later bookings, and not confirmed early for more than capacity,

Agree 100%. They must overbook and expect a certain % to drop off. I can't think X could make something that simple, difficult.

On our sailing early dining is locked out, so I can go to the MD and request select dining without paying the ridiculous tip right away?

What's ridiculous? It's the same, just pre-paid?

Edited by blindrid

No different with any line except you can adjust. Never have, never will. Why worry about the minuscule stuff?

Have you ever adjusted the daily charges?