New Wow sale and Held reservations

moesyk4

We are looking to book a family oceanview on an upcoming cruise...if I put a hold on it today for 24 hours and then book tomorrow, will it get the onboard credit and reduced deposit? I'm afraid they will raise the price in response to the new promo but I'd like to take advantage of the reduced deposit...

We are looking to book a family oceanview on an upcoming cruise...if I put a hold on it today for 24 hours and then book tomorrow, will it get the onboard credit and reduced deposit? I'm afraid they will raise the price in response to the new promo but I'd like to take advantage of the reduced deposit...

If you put it on hold today, then the booking date will be today, not tomorrow.

Some have tried that in the past and been caught in the you held it yesterday so booking date is yesterday before the sale started.

Unfortunately best to wait until the sale actually starts if you want to take advantage of the OBC. You have to determine if you like today's price enough to book, or if you are willing to take the chance the price will go up tomorrow to get the OBC.

I'm new to Royal's policies...if you book today and the price drops tomorrow, you can call and get the lower price (provided you are more than 75 days out)...right? Maybe the difference is that it is obc and not a price drop? But even then, couldn't you cancel your existing reservation and rebook?

I'm new to Royal's policies...if you book today and the price drops tomorrow, you can call and get the lower price (provided you are more than 75 days out)...right? Maybe the difference is that it is obc and not a price drop? But even then, couldn't you cancel your existing reservation and rebook?

Yes, you can usually get price drops applied if you are in the US and the drop is not specifically for new reservations only.

Also, yes you can cancel and rebook (again if you are in the US) to get a better rate as long as you are before final payment. Of course, there are caveats here as well. They do check in some cases to make sure you have not had a similar reservation within a certain number of days. One of those situations being the WOW sail I believe the OP is talking about.

You really do need to read the fine print on the rates any more, especially with their "sales".

It doesn't hurt to ask! I called in to RC this morning. The very nice representative was able to give me the $100 OBC on my sailing. She didn't think she would be able to do the reduced deposit, which wasn't an issue for me, since I didn't plan on reducing my deposit.

Saving $100...not a bad way to start off a Saturday morning!