Allure with no planning?

skittl1321

We've had the travel day from hell today (in that, after 6 hours at the airport, we came back home- we are missing our pre-cruise tour in Quito), and I am trying to figure out all my back up plans if tomorrow is the same (which would result in no Galapagos cruise for us- if we don't get to Quito tomorrow night we miss Celebrity's charter flight Sunday morning to meet the ship). I guess in theory today is that "extra" day you plan for, but it sure still sucks to miss. I'm devastated and don't want the whole vacation to go this way.

We didn't make it out of our own airport today, but tomorrow if we do fly out the first two flights, but miss our international I'm trying to figure out what I can do. If I get stuck in Miami tomorrow, there is an Allure cruise on Sunday that we could leave on. I don't know too much about RCCL, but it seems like a lot of things on the Allure need to be pre-booked.

Could I still have an enjoyable cruise if I've booked NOTHING ahead of time?

Or would it not be worth doing?

We've had the travel day from hell today (in that, after 6 hours at the airport, we came back home- we are missing our pre-cruise tour in Quito), and I am trying to figure out all my back up plans if tomorrow is the same (which would result in no Galapagos cruise for us- if we don't get to Quito tomorrow night we miss Celebrity's charter flight Sunday morning to meet the ship). I guess in theory today is that "extra" day you plan for, but it sure still sucks to miss. I'm devastated and don't want the whole vacation to go this way.

We didn't make it out of our own airport today, but tomorrow if we do fly out the first two flights, but miss our international I'm trying to figure out what I can do. If I get stuck in Miami tomorrow, there is an Allure cruise on Sunday that we could leave on. I don't know too much about RCCL, but it seems like a lot of things on the Allure need to be pre-booked.

How horrible! I would still go on Allure if you could. You can book excursions, spa treatments, etc. once you get on board. I know that tickets for shows are booked ahead of time, but that's not for the entire audience, it's just part of it. You don't have to book tickets for most shows. I think the comedy show may be hard to get into without pre-booking, but believe no problem on the others. That's my opinion, but others may have had different experience. Good luck

I would say that it is easier to get all of the shows in that you want to see by doing some pre-cruise planning. Nothing else really needs to be pre-booked. And most of the shows, with the exception of the comedy show, are not hard to get into even without a reservation. The comedy show is held in a rather small venue and it is best to have a reservation if you want assurance of getting in.

Aside from shows the ship is awesome and you can find plenty to do with no pre-planning. The issue is that there is so much to do that planning helps you get in as much as possible in a week's time.

4 of us sailed on Allure May 2012 with nothing planned. We had a wonderful time and were able to book same day reservations for Giovanni's Table one night. However shows we're not important to us so I don't know about getting into the theatre shows.

During check in you will receive a Boarding Cruise Compas look on it for the "Box Office" hours. It usually takes place in Studio B (Ice Skating Area). Just go there and book the shows you would like to see.

You can also look at http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/showtimes_AL.pdf for a first impression on the showtimes

Edited by AntiCat

The issue is that there is so much to do that planning helps you get in as much as possible in a week's time.

I'm spending today looking at the ports I haven't been to and the ship's amenities so I at least have an idea of what is offered.

I really really hope I don't have to use this plan though.

I think you could still have an awesome time without booking ahead of time.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is actually booking the cruise. It's only 2 days away. I think I would call Royal right now and find out if it is even possible.

It will still let me book on the website today, at least get all the way until they ask for a credit card.

Hopefully it will still tomorrow. We met a couple on our first cruise who booked the day before the cruise, and that was well post 9/11 restrictions.

I would suggest you call RC and perhaps you can still book shows on the phone. If not, wait on the no reservation line. With most shows, you can get seats, but get to the show 30 minutes in advance so you will be at or near the front of the line. As another poster said, typically not a problem to get a seat without a reservation for shows, with the exception of the comedy show, however you can still try to reserve seats in person when the "box office" opens in the entertainment area of the ship after you board. Just make sure you have all people with whom you are traveling with, sea pass cards as the reservations are loaded individually on each card.

The restaurants will typically have available reservations, but you might not get the date and time you want.

I am sure that you will have a great cruise with many activities to keep you happy!

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I'm spending today looking at the ports I haven't been to and the ship's amenities so I at least have an idea of what is offered.

I really really hope I don't have to use this plan though.

Trust me, I understand where you are coming from. No one wants this sort of pressure before the start of a vacation that they have been looking forward to for so long. However, Allure really is an amazing ship and a great alternative if what you are really looking forward to just doesn't happen.

I don't know if this will help, but if you book a Grand Suite or higher they put a VIP sticker on your card and you can go to any of the shows ( except the comedy show) without a reservation. This is the reason I like to have a suite on Oasis or Allure. That way I can go when I want and not be tied down to a reservation. I hope everything works out for you. We are leaving tomorrow for Aruba and our friends can't get out of Chicago. Best of luck!

I don't know if this will help, but if you book a Grand Suite or higher they put a VIP sticker on your card and you can go to any of the shows ( except the comedy show) without a reservation. This is the reason I like to have a suite on Oasis or Allure. That way I can go when I want and not be tied down to a reservation. I hope everything works out for you. We are leaving tomorrow for Aruba and our friends can't get out of Chicago. Best of luck!

I suspect a suite on Allure two days before sailing is either going to be non-existent or very expensive.

A suite might cost what the xpedition did, but that's way too much for our back up...

All suites are sold out .... we are on this cruise.

You will need to make a decision early this morning on the Allure as they will close all booking around noon or so today!!

Please come back and tell us if you are able to fly today. Are you in Chicago?

skittl1321,

You can have a great time even if you've not booked anything ahead of time on the Allure. Once on board, you can book shows and specialty restaurant reservations at the On Air club on deck 5. It will be the deck you enter on.

Even if you don't book show reservations, you can go and get in the line without reservations. They admit those passengers about 10 - 15 minutes prior to the show. You will need to get there earlier than that to get in line. Your group may have to split up, and you may not get the seat you'd actually pick if you had a reservation, but at least you can see the show.

So hoping it doesn't come to this and you make your original plans. Please do come back and let us know.