Farewell to the Martini Bar

jelayne

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback over the past few days. We have most recently rolled out a brand new position to all of our ships, Production Manager B who is dedicated to monitoring all venues on board the ship from a production standpoint, including music levels. Our shipboard teams are also clear on ensuring that our the ambiance for our guests and each venue is suitable. We continue to strive to outfit our ships with entertainment and music that all of our guests can enjoy throughout the ship.

With that being said, we have passed on the feedback from our guests, and will be sure that the volume in the Martini Bar is not too high, and not too low, but just right.

I sincerely hope this doesn't mean that all bars will go to being quiet, dead and boring now, just to please the old chaps who don't want anything to change ever and will truly be "just right"

Celebrity already has minimal entertainment to other lines so that music and vibe at bars at least gives the impression that the ship isn't completely dead or sedate.

I personally loved the music at the martini bar and felt it suited the atmosphere there, martini bars are frantic and fun, they aren't old pubs or piano bars which are meant to be low key. I felt like I was somewhere special with atmosphere and lively not just at a silent bar with people drinking themselves into a coma because there was nothing else to do.

If there's nothing happening or atmosphere at martini bar I won't be going there either :p Each to their own!

That is correct but they won't agree with it.

My DH was on the flight line in the AF and wore the big honker ear gear and he has moderate hearing loss already at 48.

Thank him for his service. In army a few decades back, hearing protection not enough. I do not think anyone wants to spoil the vibe with music at a fun, safe level. However, walking around with hearing loss or tinnitus (constant ringing in your ears) is not fun. We could not avoid it, but some feel that it could never happen to them. I just would caution people to realize once you have done damage you cannot undo it.

I sincerely hope this doesn't mean that all bars will go to being quiet, dead and boring now, just to please the old chaps who don't want anything to change ever and will truly be "just right"

Celebrity already has minimal entertainment to other lines so that music and vibe at bars at least gives the impression that the ship isn't completely dead or sedate.

I personally loved the music at the martini bar and felt it suited the atmosphere there, martini bars are frantic and fun, they aren't old pubs or piano bars which are meant to be low key. I felt like I was somewhere special with atmosphere and lively not just at a silent bar with people drinking themselves into a coma because there was nothing else to do.

If there's nothing happening or atmosphere at martini bar I won't be going there either :p Each to their own!

It will still be the same music and it might even sound like when you were there. Most of the time the volume has been loud but not extreme.

Thanks for setting the record straight that it can be too low, I just responded to the poster who incorrectly stated that I said it was said on here, which I did not.

BTW, the worst thing in the world is when the music is at that level where you know there is music, but you can't even hear what song is playing...hate it.

Have to disagree, I think those that think it is too loud, think 85db is ear splitting.

If 85db is the standard for movies, then I have to agree that it is too loud for a lounge where people are trying carry on conversations. I would never try to compete with a movie in a theater to have a conversation. LOL

Hi Everyone,

As a number of posts required deletion, and... I'd hope we can all agree that this thread has run it's course, it is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding and participation !