skyride to paradise point??

sharbear508

A lot would depend on your age and what you enjoy. The tram ride up is very comfortable and sedate. Really nice views of St Thomas. There is a small shopping area and bar to have a drink, enjoy the view.

Older folks tend to enjoy this. In general you can get just as nice of views driving around the island in a cab with a good driver.

I have heard from many people that they felt the price was a bit steep. They felt they could have gotten more bang for their buck by getting an island tour and going to Mountaintop, or renting jet ski's.

Some folks don't want to venture away from the cruise area docks and this tram ride is just fine for them. "I can see the whole dang island from here, why go any furthur"

Depends on your own comfort level.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

• 2 weeks later...

i've been to st thomas 3 or 4 times and finally went up to paradise point. my husband refused to go. it was a beautiful clear day and the view was great. they have a bar up there and some shops. if you want some good pictures I would do it. its not something to spend your whole day on and not something i would do my first trip there either but I'm glad I finally got up there.

On our trip to St Thomas last year my husband and I did this,we are in our 40's...I thought the view was breathtaking and enjoyed every minute. I guess it all depends on what you like,we would'nt do it twice but it was something we were glad we did,and then we SHOPPED:D

You might want to check out a tour with Sonny Liston tours, someone has his a link to his web site on one of these messages. His island tour is just $20 I am taking his tour he say's he goes all the way to the mountain top so no need to do the tram cause he takes you up even higher, he said you can only see one side of the island from the tram but on the mountain you can see both. He is very personable. I don't work for his company I just read about him found his web site and Im going to take his tour, can't beat that price! His buses however are open air but his tours allow beach and shopping time unlike the ship tours you can swim or snorkle for a few hours then he picks you up at the beach. Have fun in St. Thomas I will be there Dec 14th.

What are the hours of operation of the Sky Ride? Would it be more interesting to ride it after dark?

I understand from the previous posts that the tram ride isn't that big a deal but my plan is to perhaps ride up the thing at night (if it runs after dark) before returning to the ship at the end of the day.

My ship doesn't depart until 8:00 p.m. and I'm not sure how much spare time I'll have after finishing up my other excursions and returning to the ship so I thought about using the Sky Ride as a "time killer" if I got back too early.

Hello Cap'n Sparrow.

They have a season and off season schedule. Right now they are on their off season schedule which means they are open everyday that a ship is in port for daytime hours and are open on some evenings: live music on Monday and Tuesday nights from 5-7pm for Happy Hour. On Wednesday nights the popular sunset party with live music is from 6-10pm.

During season they serve dinner so are open on other evenings during the week. I haven't seen their schedule for the upcoming season. They usually add that information on their website http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived