Which All Inclusive have Best Food and Resort

paison

They both sound like we would have a good time at either, but what I took away from reading all the responses is that Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom are pretty much identical; same food, right next to each other, same wait service, drinks, pool etc....kinda six of one, half a dozen the other.

Not quite - Mr. Sanchos is much larger, attracts many families and is more crowded plus they offer water toys, etc. for an additional fee.

Nachi is not crowded -- 2 chairs under our palapa and at least 15+ feet of empty sand between us and the palapas on either side - quieter, more relaxing, very few if any children/families, etc.

It all boils down to what kind of group you are with and what you want out of your day at the beach? :confused: Usually if it is just the wife and I we end up at Nachi; when my 20-something daughters come along we usually end up at Mr. Sanchos.

I've got to say, while Nachi and Sanchos are good, decent food and drink....they are definitley NOT upscale. So if you are looking for a good beach day, decent food and drink, they would be fine. If you are expecting top shelf liquor, excellent food, etc., I'd look elsewhere (Like one of the high end resorts).

What are some of the high end resorts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not quite - Mr. Sanchos is much larger, attracts many families and is more crowded plus they offer water toys, etc. for an additional fee.

But the AI section at Mr.S is cordoned off, you'll not know there's a crowd at the main place unless you venture over there.

What are some of the high end resorts?

Presidente Intercontinental and then to some extend north of downtown at Cozumelenos, Playa Azul or Bonanos. But you'll have to double check each website for prices or if they offer day packages as these can change.

But the AI section at Mr.S is cordoned off, you'll not know there's a crowd at the main place unless you venture over there.

We were at the AI section of Mr. S once a couple of years ago with about 200 of our "new friends." My daughters had a wonderful time - me, not so much. :( Even with the typical crowd you are still much more crowded than you would be at Nachi. To each his own.

In the past two months I have been to Nachi twice and Mr. Sanchos once. They couldn't have been more different. At Mr. Sanchos, we walked through a gauntlet of souvenir vendors who were aggressive. We were pressured to take a photo. Once we were seated (in the sun), we were bothered by people selling massages, snorkeling, etc. The food was not very good and it was loud. Oh, and our waiter said the drinks would be very weak unless we tipped him well!

Two days ago I arrived at Nachi and declined to have a photo taken. No problema. We were seated under a palapa a few feet from the water. Our waiter brought us drinks and loaded nachos. Eddy, the snorkeling vendor, came by and offered snorkeling, and went away with a polite "gracias" when we said no. They offered beach floats for $7 per day and we took them because the lounge chairs are more comfortable with them. After a few hours, we went to the restaurant to have lunch. The grilled chicken and shrimp were wonderful and we were offered a second helping but were full. We went back to the lounge chairs for a awhile, then moved to the pool and hot tub, where we were served at the poolside bar while sitting in the water. Our waiter found us and offered us dessert which he brought to us.

Nachi was full that day - with 7 ships in port they easily reached their 100 person limit. But Nachi was a little wonderland. I will continue going there.

I really like the look of Nachi. Can anyone answer a few questions? What type of food is offered in the all-inclusive? My husband has a gluten allergy, so I just wanted to see what they have to find out if he can eat it. Is the snorkeling decent there? And, is there shade besides the little huts the have and how many huts do they have? Thanks!

I really like the look of Nachi. Can anyone answer a few questions? What type of food is offered in the all-inclusive? My husband has a gluten allergy, so I just wanted to see what they have to find out if he can eat it. Is the snorkeling decent there? And, is there shade besides the little huts the have and how many huts do they have? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByForums1422137199.223072.jpg.c7ab52a57a30fbec9118f611f66b4e63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1422137185.689498.jpg.d2f41390346b25034805ed1032f2a3d1.jpg

The menu posted above should answer your food questions. Lots of shade - both palapas (those little huts) and some area under the trees. Snorkeling from the shore is poor - any beach with a sandy bottom and waves will have poor snorkeling because the sand/waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. The snorkel tour offered at Nachi cost about $35 per person, takes about 90 min, and brings you to 2-3 spots on the reef. :D

Haven't heard about this one. Is it similar in distance to the other two? Mr. Santos and Nachi Cocum?

Further than the other two.

It is round the southern tip of the island, passed the other two. Most of the beach bars, including the two you mention, are south of the piers but on the west side of the island. This one is on the east side in one of the national parks, therefore there is an entrance fee to the park which is included in the packages or you can pay and go in independently if you are touring the island.

Looking at going the week of Feb 8, 2015. Does anyone know what the cab ride is from port to Nachi for 2 people?

Thanks

$16-17+tip for up to 4 in the cab - so pair up with another couple from your roll call to save $$ :cool: The drive takes about 15 min. Same fare gets you back to your pier - there are three piers so make sure you remember the name of your pier (not just your ship).

Farther out - check their web site; they have a package that includes transportation both ways.

This looks interesting. The options of ruins and a lighthouse to see would be good for some of our party and the beach for others. Do you know how far it is from where the Oasis a Docks?

This looks interesting. The options of ruins and a lighthouse to see would be good for some of our party and the beach for others. Do you know how far it is from where the Oasis a Docks?

25-30 minute ride - they offer packages including transportation on their web site.