One week with balcony or two weeks interior cabin??

PandaBear62

I am looking at cruise options and am wondering your opinion. We are planning to sail RCCL (I already have a few weeks with them, so figured I should stay)

I can book one week with a balcony, or for less than that, 2 weeks in an interior. A balcony would be wonderful, I'm sure, but two weeks would give us more time at the varied ports.

Actually, we could swing an outside cabin for the two weeks as well.

Any comments either way?

when I was researching my first cruise, I read a lot of reviews. there were the people that said, if you can't afford excursions, get an inside cabin, the excursions are the biggest part of the trip.

then the other side, be sure you get a balcony to enjoy the view.

knowing a little more now, I know the option of book an inside and hope for an upgrade - just decide first if you will be ok with an inside just in case the upgrade fairy doesn't visit

that being said, I booked a balcony for my second trip. just sitting and watching the Alaskan scenery go by will be excursion enough for me this time. I'm sure that after I've gone a few times, I might get bored with it and need to see more. [for clarification, we did excursions through the ship and on our own the first time. this time I might plan one but like I said just seeing it from the ship is impressive enough for now]

if I had 2 weeks I'd choose 1 week outside cabin for the cruise, then 1 week for a DIY land trip to include Denali.

Same thought here. One week in an inside or outside with additional time on land gets my vote :D:D

I would do go for the 2 week cruise. You will have plenty of opportunities to

set in public spaces to view the scenery. Even if you don't don any excursions you can always get off ship and walk around. I have never had the luxury of doing a 2 week cruise. I dream of the day when I can.

Enjoy