Losing before Cruising April 2015

nfldpenguin

My body is being rude and jumped up and is refusing to come back down. But I got Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in the mail today and just finished my first workout from it. My body can be stubborn but I insist on being more stubborn!!! This weight will be gone! I will surpass my goal before I leave for my cruise.

~Katy

Lost a pound this week but just back to where I was two weeks ago. A weekend trip hurt a lot. Still over all only three pounds to go and two more weeks to cruise. I won't quite make it but plan on getting right back on it when I get back to lose what a put on and those last pesky pounds. Feels great to have lost 11 so far.

I reached my goal at Jenny Craig yesterday. I've lost 37 pounds, but it has taken me since July to do it. I got sidetracked by the holidays. There are 18 days before my cruise to be on their maintenance plan and practice eating more regular food. Of course if I could lose a couple more pounds, I would be happy and and not feel so bad about the inevitable weight gain on the ship. Jenny Craig is a bit expensive, but it has been a very effective way to lose, and they're very supportive and helpful in training you to keep off the weight. My best to all of you.

Now that I have things... Moving... Again the weight is starting to come back off. Just hope it's enough!! I have less than 30 hours left to weigh in for one of my diet bets and another 24 on top of that for the other. I'm confident that I can at LEAST win the second though the first is looking unlikely.

~Katy

So, I'm new here and being really nosy but is this an ongoing thread or is it just for certain groups?

Sure, anyone can join. We're here to give each other

support as we lose weight before our cruises. It's interesting to see the many methods people are using. When is your cruise?

WOW I am certainly not as active as some of the folks who posted ! I am trying though ... I just started walking every day so I try to walk 5 km/day. Eventually I would like to add to this and try the gym but thought it would be best to start slowly. I am using "My Fitness Pal" for my weight loss journey. I used to do Weight Watchers but just decided to try something different. I had a really difficult time this weekend though because of the turkey .... stuffing ....and wine !!! It was Thanksgiving here in Canada ! Back on track today though ...:cool:

I too am not super active. I walk 2.5 miles per day and just got the same fitness app as you. Weight watchers hates me. They try to starve me. Lol but I'm going to join a gym

Well gang,

I actually achieved my goal. I had been trying since January and pretty much just not gaining. What helped me get over the hump was DH. He wanted to get in shape for the cruise so we started having diet dinners and breakfasts on the weekends. We are both at goal weight now and leave on the 11th. All we keep talking about is what we are going to eat when we can finally EAT!!! At least we will start off fitting in those cruise clothes. :p

Well gang,

I actually achieved my goal. I had been trying since January and pretty much just not gaining. What helped me get over the hump was DH. He wanted to get in shape for the cruise so we started having diet dinners and breakfasts on the weekends. We are both at goal weight now and leave on the 11th. All we keep talking about is what we are going to eat when we can finally EAT!!! At least we will start off fitting in those cruise clothes. :p

Congratulations' It does really help when DH goes along.

Hi!

I've been MIA for awhile as we cruised and vacationed. Before we left I was at -43 pounds. About 4 days before vacation I went off Medifast as I knew my system would need a few days to return to regular eating. Then we cruised and vacationed and was gone "off" plan for about 16 days. During that time I gained almost 5 pounds. But to be fair after going off Medifast you can expect a couple pounds just because you are now eating carbs again.

So now that we have been back I have managed to lose those 5 pounds plus an additional 7.... today I marked my -50 pounds gone milestone!

You may remember that I started with 50 marbles in a jar... felt sooo good to put that final marble over to the lost side.

Now tomorrow I need to add 25 more marbles back into the "too lose" jar and start over! I also booked another cruise for October. Not setting a total goal for that cruise... maybe as we get closer. Just going to stay on Medifast until I feel I'm comfortable and at a point that would be realistic to maintain.