Losing before Cruising April 2015

nfldpenguin

Thanks for the info. Where do you get Medifast? Also, congratulations on your weight loss!

Medifast can be bought online the "official"site is medifast1.com or they have Medifast centers but I buy lots on Amazon where you can pick which items are being sent to you. Then I looked up a ton of unofficial blogs where you get advice and tips. Lots of people doctor the medifast meals using the optional snacks or part of their "lean and green" meal but the reason Medifast appealed to me was that I could do it without thinking. I grab a few bars and drink mixes and head to work.

I committed myself to 5 weeks when I started but I feel so much better and the weight is coming off that I just bought another 5 weeks worth of food. I was constantly fighting a sinus issue and since week 2 I haven't had a single problem.

Also as you move thru the weeks the food starts to taste better but after reading blogs/etc I've realized that as with regular food everyones tastes are different. Things I can't choke down others LOVE... things I love others hate.

Medifast can be bought online the "official"site is medifast1.com or they have Medifast centers but I buy lots on Amazon where you can pick which items are being sent to you. Then I looked up a ton of unofficial blogs where you get advice and tips. Lots of people doctor the medifast meals using the optional snacks or part of their "lean and green" meal but the reason Medifast appealed to me was that I could do it without thinking. I grab a few bars and drink mixes and head to work.

I committed myself to 5 weeks when I started but I feel so much better and the weight is coming off that I just bought another 5 weeks worth of food. I was constantly fighting a sinus issue and since week 2 I haven't had a single problem.

Also as you move thru the weeks the food starts to taste better but after reading blogs/etc I've realized that as with regular food everyones tastes are different. Things I can't choke down others LOVE... things I love others hate.

Thanks again for all the information.

Hi there, a quick update on where I am 1 month later. I took a 3 week hiatus as we spent a few weeks in sunny Arizona (now its nothing but gray skies and lots of rain at home!) We pretty much went off the wagon with fast food lunches and dinners. Came home and was back up to 159> I was so disappointed with myself but knew it would happen and would have to hit the gym hard again. With that being said...last Thursday 159-today 152!!! I am not sure what happened but it's like I jump started my metabolism and kicked it in the butt! Still going to the club-eating as above mentioned but the weight is just dropping off? Happy but a little worried. Would be more so but it is happening to my husband as well. He is down about 6 lbs this week. Getting so close to goal! YAY!! and can see such a big difference in myself and the way my clothes fit. It can and will happen for everyone..Eat right and exercise! Good luck to everyone!

One week update-down to 150..still eating right and exercising daily. a little over 8 weeks to go until cruise and ultimate goal of 145-anything below will be bonus!

Hello everyone! I actually started this post a few months back but just now read through all the posts. Forgive my absence. Long story short, computer issues and life happened lol.

I'm sl happy to see all the great goals and support from everyone. Together we can do this :-)

An update on me. I'll be totally honest here. I fell off track with my weight loss and fitness. Life happened, I had a lot of issues going on with my son and that took priority and a lot of my time and focus over the last few months. Not an excuse though so I'm ready to get back on track. Baby steps right?

I have ordered all my products to get back on my nutrition program for Jan. In the meantime I want to start taking steps daily to get away from my bad habits and back into good habits. I will start using my elliptical again and some home workout routines. I'm cutting out the foods more and more each day. I'm increasing my intake of healthy food choices. Im visualizing a leaner, healthier me.

We traveled to my parents yesterday and I brought all my Medifast with me but I do have to admit I'm afraid of the holidays. I'm not exactly sure how their scale and my scale match up so I won't have an update until we return home. I do plan on cheating both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I've been going back and fourth with what dinner we want to make as nothing really seems "worth" cheating for.

Unfortunately the holidays are such a stressful time for those of us who are trying to lose weight. Last Wednesday at my weight watchers meeting everyone was nervously trying to figure out what would work best for them. Good luck everyone. I am going to stay as active as I can and think about moving those marbles!

Hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to check in, I'm down 10.5 lbs basically by eating better and walking (slowly!) on a treadmill 6X week. I need to check out MyFitnessPal or some of the other programs mentioned here, though. Not cruising until May so I need to keep my motivation up. Good luck to all!

Christmas was a challenge for me and I must admit I got off track which I'm sure many people do. However I'm ready for the new year. I'm starting back on my nutrition program and getting back on track with my workouts too. I've joined a health challenge for the nutrition program I'm doing so that will also keep me accountable and motivated. How's everyone doing?

I have been away from this thread for a while, December was very hectic and we just got back from our holiday cruise. Kitchen demo starts Thursday. I will be eating a lot of veggie delights at subway! Start weight:147.6. Goal 138. I am 5'7"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I need to lose 20. I love the marble idea it is so visual I think it could work for me. The husband and I were doing so good until after our last cruise, we lost our sons best friend who was like a son to us and we both fell off the wagon (so to speak) with the eating. We are both ready to get back on track and have started back to the gym and back to good eating habits. Candy jars are filled with almonds and the fruit bowl is filled with fruit. Marble jars will be going later today. Good luck to all of you!

Hi all! Congrats to those who are losing!!! Although I posted way back about joining I knew I would not do anything until after the holidays. I love getting together with family and eating. Yep that's what we do. So here it is after the holidays and I knew I wouldn't do it on my own so I asked my friend to do it with me. We started Weight Watchers online. We have lost on this before (30 lbs) but alas, I gained way more back. So we are at it again. I like that it "teaches" you what are good foods and what to eat. I originally wanted to do a plan that you did the shakes so I didn't have to think and get frustrated but eventually decided on Weight Watchers. So here is me I lose 1.2lbs last week and feel committed. Having a friend to do it with that is right there with me helps to. We are the only two people in the building and I think she enjoys yelling at me to "Put that down!" if I grab something I really don't need. So anyway good luck everyone. Now just wish I did have a cruise booked.

Hi, just found this "lose before your cruise" section. We have a cruise I'm April and I'm just trying to do what I can so I can feel good in a bathing suit. 84 days until the cruise! I used to workout a lot but fell off track for a few months. My goal is to fit back into my summer clothes and not have to buy all new clothes for the cruise. Fingers crossed!

Now to catch up on this board

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too, just found this today! We are cruising March 15th and DH and I started our clean eating plan on January 1st. I am down 10 pounds so far and he is down 7.5! I really want to lose about 30 more before the cruise and get some of my mobility back. As I suffer with sciatica pain. The cruise is certainly motivation, but would love to connect with others on here share ideas and recipes etc.

I too, just found this today! We are cruising March 15th and DH and I started our clean eating plan on January 1st. I am down 10 pounds so far and he is down 7.5! I really want to lose about 30 more before the cruise and get some of my mobility back. As I suffer with sciatica pain. The cruise is certainly motivation, but would love to connect with others on here share ideas and recipes etc.

Wow what a great weight loss! Congrats! Did you exercise as well as eating clean ?

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok guys you are keeping me on track and I feel like I have someone holding me accountable. As of this morning my total loss since November 3rd is 30.8 pounds! My official cheating is up to three times but I was very controlled with the last one. My Medifast food that was being mailed was caught up in a snow storm and delayed and I only had the crappy stuff left to eat. I decided I really wanted my husbands pulled pork and so I had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner Sunday night. Would have been ok but I insisted on bbq sauce and buns. Still my food arrived early Monday AM and all is well with the world again.

Wow what a great weight loss! Congrats! Did you exercise as well as eating clean ?

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am following a plan called OMNITRITION- it is Hcg drops and vitamin supplements along with a very restricted low calorie diet. No carbs, no sugars, flour, dairy, eggs and limited protein and vegetables and fruit. It is restricted but the only thing that has ever worked for me! There is no exercise during the dropping phase (21 - 45) days but in the next phase we get more protein and can exercise.................

Hopping on this thread. Starting WW on my own tomorrow. I am a lifetime member who did great after losing 30 pounds years ago but the stress of the last two years resulted in 15 pounds back. I am determined since I have lots of cute clothes hanging in the closet to cruise with. I got some off last year only to put it back on. This will be permanent again with a lifestyle change. I am in a better place and ready to go. My cruise is April 12. I may not make my goal before then as my real goal is July. thought if I chronicled my loss weekly here maybe it will help me be motivated.

There are so many more free tools now to use! I have an app on my iPad and phone to keep track. Didn't have that back in the 90's! LOL.

The DH is supportive and will eat what I cook. Dusting off the treadmill. Food Shopping today, one last happy hour tonight.

I too just found this thread and decided to join you all. I've been working on weight loss since July and have lost 30 pounds. I gained back a couple over the holidays, and I'm having trouble getting back on track even now. My goal is to lose 7 more pounds and then maintain that, which I have found is more difficult than losing. My cruise is April 19 on HAL. Your comments are motivating and will certainly help me get ready.

It's exciting to see everyone's weight loss! This morning I hit a milestone number with losing 35 pounds total!

My goal is 40 pounds by our cruise date which is March 8th. If thought about moving that up to 50 pounds but I don't want to be disappointed if I didn't make it so I'm not changing it and anything beyond 40 is a bonus!

I do have to say that I have strictly followed the Medifast plan all but three times (Thanksgiving, Christmas and a day that my food didn't make it on time)