Petite Suggestions?

Hi, all--

I am so envious of all of you who are able to wear standard sizes. I wear petite sizes (usually 8P but sizes vary), and it's getting increasingly difficult to find them. The best dept store in town no longer stocks petite dresses, and I wonder how long before the sportswear dept is history, too.

I primarily buy from Lands End, Talbots, and Chadwicks. Do any of you other "space efficient" ladies have a recommendation of a store that recognizes that not all of us are 5' 7"?

M/R

Hiicon_smile.gif JC Penney has a good selection of Petites and the prices are usually good too icon_biggrin.gif.

Also, if you have a Bealls near you...one of my favorite stores..they have a large petite section!

I love Talbots too but usually only buy when they are having one of their sales.

If you enjoy Talbots..you might try Petite Sophisticate. It is part of the "Casual Corner" Family. They have some lovely things as well.

Good luck with your search icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Space Efficient - that's killing me! I've been called a lot of things, but that's the first time I've heard "us" called that! So much nicer than "vertically challenged".

Anyway, I find Chadwicks has the most variety of petite stuff. Newport News petites tend to be a little short on me.

Depending on how petite you are, you might want to try QVC. They do offer some petite sizes, but I find I can wear their regulars if the inseam is 29 or 29 1/2. Their petite inseams run about 27.

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

J.Jill has quite a few petites so does Chicos Nordstrom store and catalogue. Bon Macys has a big petite dept. in all their stores. Liz Claybourn (I hope that is how you spell it) has a lot of petite. Carol Little makes them and Carol Anderson. Most of the designers have petite sizes. I am 4 ft 11 inches if I stand up real straight so I have to take from 4 to 6 and sometimes 7 inches off for petites. The petite sizes are for 5 ft. 4 inches now. I don't think that is petite. My DH tells me I am shrinking. I can hardly wait for the next 10 years people will walk on me.

I've found them at both Wal-Mart and K-Mart. Plus I am making more and more of my clothes. My suits I get from Chadwicks.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

I buy at Old Navy and Gap..dress pants, capris, jeans, skirts, dresses usually for work,,smart casual..They call them short not petite. icon_smile.gif

I wear a 4-6 petite..try finding grown women clothes in those sizes..ugh!

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

A couple of places come to mind. First is Ann Taylor. Most of her line are small sizes and many in petites. There used to be a chain called Petite Sophisticate. I haven't seen them lately, but if you search on line, maybe you can find them. Good luck!

Beth

Hi Bethicon_smile.gif Petite Sophisticate is still around. See my first post..they are part of the "Casual Corner" chain.

The mall by my place has one!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

As another "vertically challenged" soul, I also have had luck with HSN, love Terry Lewis line for work. D

1998 Imagination

1999 Voyager of Seas

2000 Ocean Princess

2001 Explorer of Seas

2002 Radiance of Seas

2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas

2004 Tahitian Princess

2004 Millenium

I was in Petite Sophisticate today, brought a pair of white dress pants,a pair of shorts and 3 tops for $70.00. I think there still having an online sale today also, 25% off everything. I wear a size "0",try finding that in most stores!

Jackie

I am a 5 footer also. I shop at Foleys (think they are Hecks on the East Coast) and Dillards.

If you get a nice dress in a non-petitie size for a good price and all you need is hemming, buy it. It may be worth it to alter. Just leave the tags on until you get a quote to alter. I bought a dress on the clearance rack for $30, cost me $20 to hem, still a great deal at $50.

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

From one who is named "short stuff" on occasion, I also have a hard time finding things that fit. The best buys I have found have been at Dillards - their sales are pretty good - and they have a nice range of prices.

Trouble is, we only have one store in our area and it is about 40 miles away.

I use Dillards also, we do not have any up here in PA so I go to Dillards.com. I've done that a few times and never had any problems getting or returning anything I order.

Jackie

Archived