Summer clothes in winter?

DH and I are going to the Bahamas on October 24, which will be the Fall and I'll be taking linen, cotton and other lightweight fabrics. I plan on wearing capris, maybe shorts and tees or short sleeved/sleeveless tops. It will be in the mid-80's in October. We'll also have on bathing suits poolside.

If you check weather.com, you'll get an idea what the temps will be on the islands you're visiting.

Yes, you may wear "summer" clothes in the Caribbean during our winter months.

When's your cruise and what's your destination?

Good luck...Karen icon_cool.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Is Sept still considered summmer? By some folks maybe, but its also Fall..LOL I am going to Bermuda...bringing summer styles with me too icon_biggrin.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Hi Everyone

I think that you need to consider the weather rather than the season when planning your cruise wardrobe. There really are no seasonal changes in the Caribbean, it is always hot. It will always be chilly or even cold in Alaska or the far North. That is also true in the far South. If you take a South American or Australian cruise the seasons are reversed and it will be summer in December.

My advice would be to put your seasonal concerns aside. They are not really relevant when you are travelling to a different part of the world. You really need to be more concerned with local weather and when getting off the ship, local customs.

Lois, I don't know if this is still in effect, but Bermuda did have rgulations about the length of shorts (Bermuda shorts). It does pay to check things out before you go.

Happy cruising

Linda

Thanks for listening

hi Linda..thanks for the tip...none of my shorts are "short"..they are a nice seersucker...almost to the knee..."bermuda" shorts. I am too old for "short shorts".

And if we are going in the water...I will be in a bathing suit icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

My reason for going to Caribbean in winter is so I can wear summer clothes. icon_smile.gif

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

Lois and everyone else,

You are welcome. I have gotten such good advice from all of you on this board. You gals have given me tips on things that have not only helped me with my cruise fashions but have helped me every day. I love this board.

Thank you all!!

Linda

Thanks for listening

My family and I will be taking our first cruise the end of November. I have told my girls that I will plan on hitting the end-of-summer clearance sales for our cruise clothes. Here in Michigan we can't find warm weather clothing in the stores after the back-to-school fashions hit the racks in August!

Archived