Asia/Australia 2017

cruiser77

Hello folks! I am eager to plan something for 2017 so any idea when the 2017 Asia and Australia cruises come out?

Hi, Texas!! As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February from being "down under". We booked in mid April 2012 right as the Celebrity offerings came out for being able to book our Jan-Feb. 2014 cruise. Celebrity will probably have certain things up in the spring of 2015.

Several factors are going to be at "play".

1. When do you want to do your "adventure"? Nov-Dec. 2017 or Jan-March 2017? There are pro/con factors to consider as you consider your options.

2. Where? Australia is big, big!! Even bigger than Texas. Australia is as big as the United States' mainland 48 states, but with only 23 million people. Lots of options there!! Can spend many weeks in time there trying to see it "all"??!! Many of the cruises do both New Zealand and Australia. NZ is super wonderful. Don't miss it!! Then, the options for in and around Bali, Singapore, SE Asia, etc., are many. What are your priorities, how much total time do you have?

3. How? Do you want to do it all by ship or a mix of land and sea? What before and/or after your cruise.

Check out the postings below on my live/blog for more info/background on these many different ports, tour options, visuals, etc.! Happy to answer any questions. Just go the live/blog, post there and I will be happy to respond and share more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 80,342 views for this fun posting.

Edited by TLCOhio

Thanks for the fast reply!

Glad to hear I could see them already at spring time. I am looking for the cruises for spring 2017. Not sure whether it would be Asia or Australia at this time, but Bali is on my bucket list for sure.:) We have been to Australia and Asia before and now would like to go back with our kids IF they get enough time off from school.:o

Thanks for the fast reply! Glad to hear I could see them already at spring time. I am looking for the cruises for spring 2017. Not sure whether it would be Asia or Australia at this time, but Bali is on my bucket list for sure.:) We have been to Australia and Asia before and now would like to go back with our kids IF they get enough time off from school.:o

Appreciate your quick follow-up. Great to want to bring the kids, but three quick questions/factors to consider:

1. When is their spring break scheduled? As you get into later March and April, the Celebrity options in and around Australia get more limited.

2. How long of a spring break do they have? Many of the cruises down under are 12 days or so. When you add in all of the "logistics" for travel time, time zone changes, etc., you easily need two week or more in TOTAL time to make things work. Not sure many schools would allow that much time off at this time of the year.

3. On Bali, in the last year or so, there were some "hassles" with Celebrity and others doing cruise stops at this location. It almost boiled down to "games" and/or extra pay-offs/payments before they would process things so that the cruise ship passengers could go ashore.

Keep planning and preparing. Just sharing this background. You can go on the Celebrity website now and see their offerings from 2015 and 2016. Much in 2017 will be somewhat along these lines/timings.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 185,592 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Thanks for the fast reply!

Glad to hear I could see them already at spring time. I am looking for the cruises for spring 2017. Not sure whether it would be Asia or Australia at this time, but Bali is on my bucket list for sure.:) We have been to Australia and Asia before and now would like to go back with our kids IF they get enough time off from school.:o

Think you're on our Equinox sailing next April? We'll have to chat at the Connections party as we have cruised on Solstice with our kids around Oz and NZ a couple of Christmases ago ;). We've also visited Bali and Singapore on our way to Australia a couple of times :).

Think you're on our Equinox sailing next April? We'll have to chat at the Connections party as we have cruised on Solstice with our kids around Oz and NZ a couple of Christmases ago ;). We've also visited Bali and Singapore on our way to Australia a couple of times :).

Yes we are on the same sailing!:)

I just signed up for the Connections party.

Cruiser

Appreciate this link and these details. Seems like Celebrity is getting it done a little earlier with this posting compared to past years. Interested in some of their Asia and South America options for 2016 and 2017. Helpful. Fun doing that future research and planning!!

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 80,630 views for this fun posting.