Not the same ol' luggage tag question

I can't help but feel there is someone so dedicated to RCCL minutiae that they can answer the question:

What do the letters and colors on the luggage tags mean?

I know in a general sort of way.... quadrants and all (and I have figured out that Explorer is gray, Grandeur is sky blue, Enchantment is olive drab & Oasis is dark tan). But, I'm sort of hoping somebody has the whole scoop on them.

The Letters will let the Porters know if your on the Starbord or Port side & Fore or Aft so when they load the luggage, they know which section a group of luggage has to go to for loading. Luggage is loaded either center of the ship or fore or aft depending on your cabin location. I read also the color or the letter also refers to the compartments your luggage goes to based upon cabin location

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Don't they change the color of the tags for each sailing ...... so they can easier identify the wrong tag ...... someone might be going on a different ship .....or a different date.

Entirely possible. That's one reason why I queried. I have a hard time believing that there is no one amongst us who can not, with certainty, dissect the luggage tag meanings.

i think of all the ships, these people know what they are doing. you go to an airport , your luggage goes down a conveyer belt, you arrive at your destination its there..magic..no they know what they are doing.

Except when someone takes your bag by mistake, which happened to us at Port Canaveral recently.:eek:

Except when someone takes your bag by mistake, which happened to us at Port Canaveral recently.:eek:

Yikes! We accidentally took someone elses bag in Ft Lauderdale! I felt TERRIBLE!! We didn't discover the mistake until hours after arriving at the hotel! It looked JUST LIKE OURS!! Sutble differences... We're "older" and were in a hurry... So grabbed it & off we went. The owner of the bag only had her name & address on the bag. No phone #. If that had been there, we could have called her & took the bag to her! Instead we called our travel insurance company & told them what we had done (I was soooo embarressed).... The agent began to chuckle... I told her don't laugh at ME! She said "I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you!" LOL... Anyway, she called the airport, found our bag was still there, so we raced back to the airport & I drug the bag into the holding area & the guy there began to chuckle! He KNEW who I was & what I was doing! Anyway (we had slipped $20 in the bag & a note appologizing & our phone number) I left the bag with him (he was to have her bag delivered to her hotel) & we got ours.... Never heard from her. Guess she was a bit perturbed.... It was funny, but it wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

I know in a general sort of way.... quadrants and all (and I have figured out that Explorer is gray, Grandeur is sky blue, Enchantment is olive drab & Oasis is dark tan). But, I'm sort of hoping somebody has the whole scoop on them.
Not Sure but we are on the Explorer next month and our tags are pink
We're on Explorer Thursday and ours are dark gray

We were on Explorer for the September 11th cruise and our luggage tags were pink.

Seems that they might alternate colors on Explorer.

Edited by cruisenfever

We were on Explorer for the September 11th cruise and our luggage tags were pink.

Seems that they might alternate colors on Explorer.

Our two cruises on Explorer last year had pink tags too.

PINK on the Grandeur in Feb. and PINK on the Grandeur coming up at the end of the month. See, they know that PINK is my favorite color. Didn't you all check off what color you wanted on the cruise personalizer when you printed your luggage tags?

Edited by iheartbda